RegisterDonateLogin

For my ally is Bloo Milk. And a powerful ally it is.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CE Range Options
Gizmotronx
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:33:51 AM
Groups: Member

Does Thrawn's CE and others similar count as having a range of 6 for purposes of extending the range with Mas Amedda? I think the wording for Mouse Droid specifically allows it, but I am questioning Mas. My problem is Thrawn's is not worded as if it is a range, more of a condition.

For reference,
Thrawn "At the end of this character's turn, 2 allies within 6 squares of this character who are the same size may switch positions."

Mas "Allies' commander effects normally limited to 6 squares have unlimited range"

Mouse "Each allied commander can count distance from this character as well as from itself for the purpose of commander effects"
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 5:39:12 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Thrawn's swap CE is extended by both Mas and Mouse Droids.

Most CEs that say "6 squares" can be extended by Mas/Mouse Droids. Here are a couple of exceptions:

* General Obi-Wan Kenobi. His commander effect is already boardwide - all allies are affected. The condition (having an ally within 6 squares) is not extended by Mas or Mouse Droids.

* Admiral Trench. The commander effect is boardwide. The condition is that Admiral Trench ends his turn within 6 squares of the ally to be moved. Neither Booming Voice nor Mouse Droids have any effect for this CE.
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 6:53:16 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The key thing is that you count range FROM a commander to the beneficiary. Anything else is not a range for purposes of extending.