RegisterDonateLogin

An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Why NR isnt so amazing Options
kenred2
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 6:35:08 AM
Groups: Member

If anyone here rated my squad.... please comment... when I checked on it, I was disappointed I got a 5 or lower marks considering I was only making Anakin useful with it's SA and other tools that help bring the squad together
Mordantos
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 9:27:35 AM

Maybe they aren't "Top Tier" but I do think they are Amazing.

Vong hanging out with Jedi? And being taught how to dodge by an ex-Rebel Pilot?

WootAMAZINGWoot
death by wookie 89
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2009 11:51:21 PM

Theres a thing called bounty hunters and use a mobile squad with rex and starcorps etc. get up close and kill people like kylein & turn
Darth_Decronus
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 2:12:22 AM

Hey Paul. If you're so sure you can just walk all over the new republic then face me one on one tomorrow and I'll use NR. I await your response.
saeseetiin
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 8:26:52 AM

billiv15 wrote:
saeseetiin wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
I am not convinced that any of the new NR figures makes a top tier 150 squad. 200 they are fine and can compete well enough, but I would say, 95% of the squads I am seeing are spending way too many points on CEs. For example, the idea of running Wedge and Leia is great and all, but it's 50pts. Its not a smart investment and generally, you would be better off focusing on one or the other alone, especially when everyone also wants to run Dodonna, Luke FS, an override piece, etc.
Hey Bill what do you think of this squad at 150 pts http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/View.aspx?ID=47410

Average at best. Too many points on commanders, which is exactly what I was warning people about ironically.
I think that the only useless commander in the squad is dodonna and he does his job.The others have uses I don't think its the best squad but when you started bashing it someone removed the 9 rating that they gave me originaly 2 evades each and kol is just a beast for 38pts and not many teams these days don't use Dash.I don't know if it was you who gave it a 5 but I think it is better then that.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 12:07:13 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

This is the biggest issues I have with NR squads that are posted. You have way too many commanders. I would be okay if there was a bit more of unified benefit, but Wedge is just for Kol, and Jag is just for Dash. So, 33 points that are not being used the to most. Dodonna is a personal option, but hardly needed in this squad.
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 12:11:33 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Sithborg wrote:
This is the biggest issues I have with NR squads that are posted. You have way too many commanders. I would be okay if there was a bit more of unified benefit, but Wedge is just for Kol, and Jag is just for Dash. So, 33 points that are not being used the to most. Dodonna is a personal option, but hardly needed in this squad.

Would Jag only be worth putting on NR if both Dash and Anakin are on the squad? I haven't used Jag yet, so I'm wondering what kind of squad he would work well in.
greentime
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 12:22:38 PM

I think adding Jag just for Dash is fine in 200 points or up. Dash is an awesome character and the +4 really helps him out. To give Twi'lek Vigos that kind of accuracy boost you need the 30-point Xizor, after all. In 150 though, while Jag gives you a lot of health for his lowly 10 points, putting him out there for the benefit of one other character just isn't maximizing your points. That ten points could get you Luke's Force Ghost, which would probably help Dash just as much but would turn KK, JBM into a massive supertank. Or three mouse droids, which is not to be despised by any means.

Having Wedge for one character is pointless. Having Wedge for one character AND Leia for two characters is insane. Kol Skywalker is a good figure overall and a good deal at 38 points. But he is not going to be able to handle 80 points of melee beat or 80 points of dedicated shooting, even with both commanders. You aren't paying 23 points for Wedge and 25 points for Leia; with only one offensive threat, you are effectively paying 86 points for super-Kol. That isn't a good deal. Darth Bane still eats him for lunch. Dash, Rex, and a Twi'lek vigo still shoot his arse off.

If the benefits of Wedge are spread across more characters (KK, JBM and Kyp Durron in the classic squad so far), he is obviously worth a lot more to you.