RegisterDonateLogin

Created the rule of two "oo"s.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

100pt Sid Question Options
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 7:03:41 PM
Groups: Member

Part of Sid's CE. You decide who goes first each round regardless of initiative check, unless you roll a 1. Doesn't this mean he counters the MTB? An opponent's initiative check result automatically becomes 1.

As it reads, unless I physically Roll a One, Sid should still determine who goes first, thus countering the MTB, correct? Why or Why not?
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 7:25:26 PM

Caedus wrote:
Part of Sid's CE. You decide who goes first each round regardless of initiative check, unless you roll a 1. Doesn't this mean he counters the MTB? An opponent's initiative check result automatically becomes 1.

As it reads, unless I physically Roll a One, Sid should still determine who goes first, thus countering the MTB, correct? Why or Why not?

No. Your roll becomes a NATURAL One. To the best of my knowledge
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 7:35:21 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

shmi15 wrote:
Caedus wrote:

No. Your roll becomes a NATURAL One. To the best of my knowledge

According to the FAQ, Tactics Broker changes your roll into a 1.

Quote:
Q: How does Tactics Broker interact with Recon or Anticipation?
A: Multiple rolls and rerolls still result in the selected final roll being considered a 1. Only in the case of a tie (that is, the player with Tactics Broker also rolling a 1) would the Tactics Broker ability be lost.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 7:36:15 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Init rules get confusing. Everything works just fine on its own but gets confusing when you start to mix things together. So confusing in fact that I put this together:

http://swmgamers.com/SWM/Rules/PreGame.html

As far as I know it's consistent with all rulings. Let me know if you find a ruling that contradicts it and I'll update it.
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 9:34:52 PM

Sid uses the same wording as master tactician

Master Tactician (You automatically choose who goes first except on a roll of 1)

so it isn't any different than the MTB/Master Tac interaction which was well defined by WOTC.