RegisterDonateLogin

How wude!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Barada/Caedus Question Options
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 9:06:02 AM
Groups: Member

Aiing Ti- (Force 3: Once per round, after initiative is determined, this character can take an immediate turn. This does not count as activating the character this round.)

Large Transport - (Adjacent characters get -6 Attack on nonmelee attacks. Transport up to 6 Small or Medium allies who did not Disembark this round and who end their moves adjacent to him. Remove these allies from the battle grid; they are not considered to be on the battle grid or adjacent to this character. They cannot be targeted, attacked, make attacks or count distance from this character. They lose Disciplined Leader, and their commander effects, special abilities and Force abilities are suppressed. Transported allies may return to the battle grid immediately before your first activation of the round. If this character is defeated, transported allies are also defeated; save 6.))

I don't think you can, but, Can Caedus get off the Transport, and use Aiing Ti if I am the first person to activate in a round? My initial thought is no, because of the timing. But I am not actually sure on the timing of Large Transport.

My thought is this. If it is my turn, I choose the order of events. Like Override. You can end adjacent to a closed door, and then override the next door, because I can choose to have the door open first, and then use Override. So IF it is my turn, and I am the first one to activate, can I drop characters off, and then use ANY pre activation abilities? Aiing Ti, Surprise Move, Surprise Attack?

Obviously you can't do it in any way if your opponent goes first. So this is a One Sided question.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 9:27:17 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

You can't.

Aing Tii takes place along with all the other pre-round abilities like Intuition, Surprise Move, Surprise Attack, etc. All of those are before Large Transport returns charactes to the battle grid.

Timing is basically like this:

1. Initiative is determined
2. "After initiative" abilities trigger
3. "Before first activation" abilities trigger
4. First activation