RegisterDonateLogin

Don't worry, she'll hold together. Hear me, baby? Hold together.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Gambit scoring rules/debate Options
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 8:18:42 AM
Groups: Member

here Atm I will honor your request.
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 8:35:11 AM

Point system

Do we need to change the 3 2 1 system?
I don't know. I kind of like the idea that if someone only gets 58 Gambit and wins that they should only get 1 point.
Does it suck that one can have one win and have 3 points while the other can have been two wins and have 2 points?
No not really.
To be 100% fair you would say every one gets 3 points for a win and than an extra point for ever 100 points you break into.
You get to 200 you get 3 points for a win and 1 point for the first 100 and 1 point for the second 100 which makes 5 points.

The loser should get points for every 100 points they obtain. So they can get 2 points possibly as well.

This way if I win one game and get five points and lose my second game but get one point I have 6 points.
If another person wins two games but does not reach 100 in either we are still tied at 6. But if they get 100 in either game they are ahead.

So really it is a 5,4,3,2,1 system you can receive any of those points. (I would call it at five. Like some piece switched sides and you get the Gambit for killing it and other Gambit to give you 300, it should Max at 5.)

Gambit scoring

If I am bold enough to drop my mace Windu in Gambit, I should be rewarded for that.
The aggressor should be rewarded. Even in boxing and fighting when it comes to judging the aggressor is awarded the benefit of the doubt.

atmsalad
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 9:52:25 AM

What's the general strategy a person uses when playing against GOWK. You take out everything else and make up GOWKs cost in 6 rounds of Gambit. Extreme Rock squads have the inherent difficulty​ of taking them down within the hour mark. Often times you have to settle for a 2 point win. How many people took out Sideous Jen'ari?

Regardless of the rules nobody just sits collecting Gambit without ever killing a piece. If your opponent is getting Gambit you need to get in there. Your not going to let them just win without attacking them. Thats just my two cents..

Lastly I would never be for the alteration that the higher costing character is the only one to get gambit. Why? Obikin, Gowk, Bounty Hunter challenge pieces and Father squads.
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 10:13:47 AM

atmsalad wrote:
What's the general strategy a person uses when playing against GOWK. You take out everything else and make up GOWKs cost in 6 rounds of Gambit. Extreme Rock squads have the inherent difficulty​ of taking them down within the hour mark. Often times you have to settle for a 2 point win. How many people took out Sideous Jen'ari?

Regardless of the rules nobody just sits collecting Gambit without ever killing a piece. If your opponent is getting Gambit you need to get in there. Your not going to let them just win without attacking them. Thats just my two cents..

Lastly I would never be for the alteration that the higher costing character is the only one to get gambit. Why? Obikin, Gowk, Bounty Hunter challenge pieces and Father squads.

What's the strategy when they drop c3po with distraction in on your big gun in Gambit?
Cancels Gambit and and the diplomat cannot be touched. You get no advantage of bringing your into Gambit. Cheap tech pieces get the advantage.

But to answer your questions. What to do about gowk. Well first someone has to play gowk.... Secondly, if you b are b afraid of how you have to run something else. Jangalore.
Or the alternative, if gowk is such a threat YOU PLAY A MELEE PIECE!!!
Like sith'ari and baras.

Or you kill everything else while he stays on Gambit and can't do anything else...
So that's 55 points of his not really contributing much since he had to stay on Gambit.
If you bring out act and smash (thrawn swap boba) well it might not work out so well for you anymore because you are going to need to kill lots of pieces to make up Gambit.

It is a win win all over the place.
I know it's hard to think that daala and thrawn and speeder might have a disadvantage. Heck it even gives advantages over vong

All things that should be celebrated.
The opponent wants to use father go right away. Heck father and gowk in Gambit. Go ahead I will win that match.
Someone wants to pay obikin in Gambit awesome. He is actually being played. But can he stand up to sidious? Who knows. Or maybe dooku see some play!
A 85 point melee piece is being played Awesome!
Does it suck for out act and smash? Sure it does. Or vehicles that want to stay away? Sure does. Does it give you a reason to get to Gambit? Yes sir it does.

I said it before and I will suggest it again maybe it should be whichever squad has The most points invested in the Gambit area gets the Gambit points. That way you can bring cin drallig and Serra keto into Gambit and have 78 points in there

jen'ari
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 10:23:05 AM

To answer your question. No opponents took out sidious.
Why would I let that happen?
He is 100 points and it would be game over. That's the down side to using him. I had to bring in a bg and Healer and lead with Vader to keep him safe.
By the way sidious was not my Gambit getter.
Vader and kylo were
sidious needed to be mobile.
He was not in gambit the majority of games 1,2,3, and 5