RegisterDonateLogin

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that Milk, not excuses.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Gencon request Options
atmsalad
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 12:19:21 AM
Groups: Member

Deaths_Baine wrote:
Atm you sir are the best daala player in the world an done of the top players with anything. Congrats man you deserve this. I can't wait to see your gencon design piece man.

Thank you sir!!! That really means a lot! :) I am so excited for every bit of this, but designing my Gencon piece is going to be a great experience! ^^
atmsalad
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 12:22:36 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:

Certainly the best in North America: Finalist in 2015 and now Champion in 2017!

2014, but who's counting? 😀

Lord knows I have tried not to ThumbDown lol
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 9:29:07 AM

Sealed event round 4 coming up

Jim 9 pts vs atm 9 pts
Timmerb 8 pts vs Bryan (darkdracul) 7 pts
Kevin 7 pts vs Paul 6 pts
Spry 6 pts vs alex 6 pts
Lou 5 pts vs Lilian 5 pts
Adam 5 pts vs been 5 pts
Jackson 4 pts vs deri 4 pts
Sam 4 pts vs Kevin 4 pts
Neal 3 pts vs Laura 2 pts
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 11:35:42 AM

To 8 current

Atm
Timmerb
Jim
Matt
Paul
Lou
Adam
Bryan
ATM and timmerb are both 4-0
atmsalad
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 12:51:38 PM

jen'ari wrote:
To 8 current

Atm
Timmerb
Jim
Matt
Paul
Lou
Adam
Bryan
ATM and timmerb are both 4-0

For sealed we just play four rounds without a cut to top 8 or 6 :)
Gizmotronx
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 6:12:25 PM

jen'ari wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
LilyWan wins the casual Tournament.
DarthMoore wins Tile Wars with The Father, BaneSithAri, and Vergere.
what did Lily run in casual?
Was it fun?
Lots of people?
Congrats Lily!

Tile wars, is it way too pick up on how to do it?
Congrats Darth Moore!
That's an awesome sounding squad as well.

Can't wait for people to be getting back to real life and sharing all that went down.
Shhn! Haha it will end up being 3.5 hours long

Not sure anyone is asking for my report, but here it is.

I had a blast doing the Death Star II, Hoth, and Geonosis arena mass battles. They could all use some refining, but were a nice twist on the game!

I watched camps as much as I could, stopping by throughout the whole time, and I think I was the only one there during the last match. Lots of interesting squads. Fun to watch

I played the intro tournament, and had a great time. Lots of people interested in our game, kids, older guys, couples, everyone just having a good time playing. I got some pieces I didn't have, including 4 customs that I'm super pumped about. Lots of laughs and excitement. We need to remember to play like that more.

I went ahead and jumped in the "casual" tournament next to even out the numbers. I say casual, but it was TimmerB, TJ, Lillian, Alex something?, one other top player, and me. We got pre made squads. I had a Mando squad with Canderous, a scout, two super commandos, a protector, the jedi mado guy with heal and satchel?, the commander who grants +2 attack, and two of those grunts. It was designated an amazing squad. First match I got trashed by an imperial knight squad on Bothan spynet I think. Basically they had evade and force points, I had a low attack and restricted sight lines and rolled 5 ones. Game 2 played against vong on ?modular base? maybe? Anyway gambit is all contain in a room with small doors that I can't shoot into. He has some gas nonsense that kills anyone who gets close, and charging assault. Roll 4 one's, and game over. Game 3 against a vader emperor clone squad on ravaged base. I rolled 5 one's, two of which resulted in betrayals to palp. Closer game, got my 1 point.
That was that. Lillian won. We talked about the format a bit, be interesting to see what they do with it next year. Won't be on my list.

I got coaxed into Tile wars next, but I didn't have a team made. Mistake. Not much more to say about that.

Jumped into Royal Rumble next since I was there anyway. Jason offered my choice from 6 teams. Played with Zahnna and Obi-Wan Honorary Mando, Critdu and K'Kruhk, and Bane Sith'ari and Satele. Paired with Timmer (Durge, Ig's) and Paul Moore from NZ (Phantom Menace/Barris, Han w/quad.) Got second at that table, so ended up at the second table of three. Second game was against Brian (Ani Obi, Plageuis, and Rathtar/fire breather) and Matt Spry (Plageius, Kanan, VoL.)
Had a really good time, Zaahna did work, intuition was very helpful, and Mace and Bane cleaned house. Won the second table and got a sweet Boba painting. Definitely my favorite event.

Got to see some death race and rakgouhl hunting, and will make it a point to try that next time I get a chance.

Got my first set of vset cards! Long day but I left super excited for next year!
Caedus
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 6:33:14 PM

Gizmotronx wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Was it fun?
Lots of people?
Congrats Lily!

Tile wars, is it way too pick up on how to do it?
Congrats Darth Moore!
That's an awesome sounding squad as well.

Can't wait for people to be getting back to real life and sharing all that went down.
Shhn! Haha it will end up being 3.5 hours long

Not sure anyone is asking for my report, but here it is.

I had a blast doing the Death Star II, Hoth, and Geonosis arena mass battles. They could all use some refining, but were a nice twist on the game!

I watched camps as much as I could, stopping by throughout the whole time, and I think I was the only one there during the last match. Lots of interesting squads. Fun to watch

I played the intro tournament, and had a great time. Lots of people interested in our game, kids, older guys, couples, everyone just having a good time playing. I got some pieces I didn't have, including 4 customs that I'm super pumped about. Lots of laughs and excitement. We need to remember to play like that more.

I went ahead and jumped in the "casual" tournament next to even out the numbers. I say casual, but it was TimmerB, TJ, Lillian, Alex something?, one other top player, and me. We got pre made squads. I had a Mando squad with Canderous, a scout, two super commandos, a protector, the jedi mado guy with heal and satchel?, the commander who grants +2 attack, and two of those grunts. It was designated an amazing squad. First match I got trashed by an imperial knight squad on Bothan spynet I think. Basically they had evade and force points, I had a low attack and restricted sight lines and rolled 5 ones. Game 2 played against vong on ?modular base? maybe? Anyway gambit is all contain in a room with small doors that I can't shoot into. He has some gas nonsense that kills anyone who gets close, and charging assault. Roll 4 one's, and game over. Game 3 against a vader emperor clone squad on ravaged base. I rolled 5 one's, two of which resulted in betrayals to palp. Closer game, got my 1 point.
That was that. Lillian won. We talked about the format a bit, be interesting to see what they do with it next year. Won't be on my list.

I got coaxed into Tile wars next, but I didn't have a team made. Mistake. Not much more to say about that.

Jumped into Royal Rumble next since I was there anyway. Jason offered my choice from 6 teams. Played with Zahnna and Obi-Wan Honorary Mando, Critdu and K'Kruhk, and Bane Sith'ari and Satele. Paired with Timmer (Durge, Ig's) and Paul Moore from NZ (Phantom Menace/Barris, Han w/quad.) Got second at that table, so ended up at the second table of three. Second game was against Brian (Ani Obi, Plageuis, and Rathtar/fire breather) and Matt Spry (Plageius, Kanan, VoL.)
Had a really good time, Zaahna did work, intuition was very helpful, and Mace and Bane cleaned house. Won the second table and got a sweet Boba painting. Definitely my favorite event.

Got to see some death race and rakgouhl hunting, and will make it a point to try that next time I get a chance.

Got my first set of vset cards! Long day but I left super excited for next year!

That's awesome! The game will come to you the more you play. Thanks for your report. Hope to see you in some of my events this fall and maybe a regional or 2 next year
Lily_Wan
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 7:53:31 PM

jen'ari wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
WotC Krayt. Vset Nihl & Talon, Maladi 1 Krayt Trooper, 1 Recruit
atmsalad
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 8:50:35 PM

So I played in the Champs, Royal Rumble, Battle Through the Ages, Team Tournament and sealed. I won the Royal Rumble, Battle Through the Ages, Sealed and the Championship! My team did not win the team tournament, but I didn't lose a game there.

Altogether I played 20 games of minis in various events and didn't lose a single game all Gencon. Mostly lucky, but still pretty cool :)
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 9:11:51 PM

atmsalad wrote:
So I played in the Champs, Royal Rumble, Battle Through the Ages, Team Tournament and sealed. I won the Royal Rumble, Battle Through the Ages, Sealed and the Championship! My team did not win the team tournament, but I didn't lose a game there.

Altogether I played 20 games of minis in various events and didn't lose a single game all Gencon. Mostly lucky, but still pretty cool :)

What the piss ATM. That simply will not happen next year.
We might just have a Nancy Kerrigan type incident.

I'm only kidding....
But that is some Golden State warriors stuff
Gizmotronx
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 3:27:38 AM

Lily_Wan wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Also forgot to say thanks again to Lily Wan for just giving me a custom painted voxyn! So kind and awesome! May have given me the custom bug! I got a nightsister hunter in the intro tourny that may end up on my display

Special shout outs to Jason, James, Jim, Lou, Spry, Mike, and Les for running and being welcoming; and Timmer and TJ for some fun games and hand-holding.

And I wanted to put faces with screen names, help me out.
Jason - Urban Jedi
James - ?
Jim - Darth Jim
Lou - ?
Spryguy
Les?
Tim - TimmerB
TJ - Flyingarrow
Lillian - Lilly Wan
Brian - Darkdracul
Mike Giles?
Alex?
There were a few other people I talked that I didn't catch names for. Was Caedus there?
jak
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 3:59:52 AM

Gizmotronx wrote:
Lily_Wan wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Also forgot to say thanks again to Lily Wan for just giving me a custom painted voxyn! So kind and awesome! May have given me the custom bug! I got a nightsister hunter in the intro tourny that may end up on my display

Special shout outs to Jason, James, Jim, Lou, Spry, Mike, and Les for running and being welcoming; and Timmer and TJ for some fun games and hand-holding.

Jason - Urban Jedi
James - ? jew3
Jim - Darth Jim
Lou - ?Lou
Spryguy
Les?leshippy
Tim - TimmerB
TJ - Flyingarrow
Lillian - Lilly Wan
Brian - Darkdracul
Mike Giles?
Alex?
There were a few other people I talked that I didn't catch names for. Was Caedus there?
gholli69
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 10:03:21 AM

Mike Giles=AceAce, SpryGuy=Matt Sorry, and yes Caedus was there on Thur. for the championship,his name IRL is Sean Booher, sorry if I misspelled it Caedus but did my best. I talked with you for a little while as well on Thur., my name is Greg Hollis, I was running Rebels in the champ. Tourney if that helps. Hope you keep playing and look forward to possibly seeing you at the Indiana or other regional next year.
atmsalad
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 10:16:58 AM

jen'ari wrote:
What the piss ATM. That simply will not happen next year.
We might just have a Nancy Kerrigan type incident.

I'm only kidding....
But that is some Golden State warriors stuff

Haha, thanks Jen'ari! Oh, I do not expect to do half as well next year, lol
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 12:27:28 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Gizmotronx wrote:

Jason - Urban Jedi
James - ? jew3
Jim - Darth Jim
Lou - ?Lou
Matt - Spryguy
Les?leshippy
Tim - TimmerB
TJ - Flyingarrow
Lillian - Lilly Wan
Brian - Darkdracul
Mike Giles - AceAce
Alex - darthnewt (doesn't post much but I did see he logged in this week)

Caedus was there only on Thursday. He's Shawn.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 6:18:27 AM

Apparently I am the new Rodney Dangerfield, because I was listed as 'Joe'. Just as well, because I finished a pedestrian 2-3. Anyway, here's my squad:

Sith

--Pawn Stars--
57 Darth Sidious, Sith Master
51 Celeste Morne
36 Atton "Jaq" Rand
20 Skyborn Ranger on Uvak
13 Sith Wrangler
11 Watto
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 10 activations)

Usually I slave the Uvak, but I can and did slave Atton in one of the championship events. I'm not giving up on this squad quite yet, as I've only played 7 games with it, counting the 5 in champs. I built this because I anticipated running into Daala. It has a lot of range, and I can usually get to backfield commanders in round 1. If I don't go that route, then it is all about what I can trade for the Uvak.

Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 6:45:33 AM

Darth_Jim wrote:
Apparently I am the new Rodney Dangerfield, because I was listed as 'Joe'. Just as well, because I finished a pedestrian 2-3. Anyway, here's my squad:

Sith

--Pawn Stars--
57 Darth Sidious, Sith Master
51 Celeste Morne
36 Atton "Jaq" Rand
20 Skyborn Ranger on Uvak
13 Sith Wrangler
11 Watto
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 10 activations)

Usually I pawn the Uvak, but I can and did pawn Atton in one of the championship events. I'm not giving up on this squad quite yet, as I've only played 7 games with it, counting the 5 in champs. I built this because I anticipated running into Daala. It has a lot of range, and I can usually get to backfield commanders in round 1. If I don't go that route, then it is all about what I can trade for the Uvak.

how do you pawn atton?
Darth_Jim
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 6:47:42 AM

Lol good catch. I meant slave, not pawn. I will edit that.