RegisterDonateLogin

Has altered the deal. Pray it does not alter it further.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

After Gen Con Events Options
Caedus
Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2017 3:12:52 PM
Groups: Member

shmi15 wrote:
Caedus wrote:
I will be posting an event soon. It will most likely start OCT 1st. Stay tuned for details

What all options are you considering? Maybe put a poll up to see who would play what formats?

I plan on running multiple tourneys over the course of the "off season". People may play what they like and not play what they don't. That way I don't waste my time and take up the Forums space with meaningless polls
Naarkon
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 6:36:16 AM

Thanks for the info jen'ari, how do people feel about a single day event versus an event drawn out over a few weeks letting people set up their matches in a certain time frame? I can see benefits to either approach, but I want as many people as possible to be able to participate.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 8:37:47 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I might be able to do an event that spans multiple weeks, but not a one day event.
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 9:08:48 AM

My life got busy again so spread it is great. Single day will have to be planned well for me. Weekends are filling up fast
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 10:10:58 AM

Spread works best for me as well. I will do it if its not a normal tournament, and more of a "league" of sorts. But where you play everyone once?
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 11:29:47 AM

shmi15 wrote:
Spread works best for me as well. I will do it if its not a normal tournament, and more of a "league" of sorts. But where you play everyone once?

Ya but a league can end with a tournament.
Call it champions league and than at the end of the league where everyone plays everyone you take the top 4 and have a semifinals doesn't effect this that want to play everyone but has more of a reason to play hard
Darth_Jim
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 6:00:57 AM

Naarkon wrote:
I will be running a standard 200 point competitive vassal event so people can try out the new pieces (or old ones) in a regional-type environment. I am now accepting input on when a good start time is and how fast it should be run (time for each round).

I would rather participate in something like this than banning non-melee. What has prevented me from Vassal events in the past...other than not having the current Vassal loaded...is setting aside one day to play.

Also, playing Vassal without some form of audio communication is tedious. Each player should be prepared to play using 2 types of communication. I've seen Skype, Messenger, and Discord discussed.
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 8:48:03 PM

getting this back in discussion! I like the 200 point, regional style "league" that ends in a top 4 tournament. Or just a straight up Regional Style tournament with X amount of rounds. I just like the idea of playing every one once, to get as much data about these squads and everything. And with a league, you could change your squad week to week until the end of the season, and maybe the top 4/6 have to pick one to go with from then on out?
atmsalad
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 8:58:21 PM

I like your idea a lot Shmi15
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 9:24:50 PM

I like it more than atm
you can switch squad every round until the round robin is over.
Once the"tournament begins" the people who ranked highest have to suck with their squad.

Sounds very fun
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 9:17:41 AM

There is 3 people who like it and are on board! Do we have anymore? It would be sweet to get more than 10 people to do this. I think TheUltrastar and Death'sBaine would do it. But the real question is who outside of TN is willing to do it? Besides our Grand Champion ATM!