RegisterDonateLogin

Ain't like dustin' crops, boy!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Collection Organization Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:11:12 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

How do you have your collection organized? Mine is organized by faction and the cards are by faction and then in cost-order within the faction.

But the Vsets and customs introduce some interesting issues. For pieces that are used as proxies more than they are used as actual WotC pieces, where do you keep them? For customs - are the customs all together in a separate 'custom' area or are they with their respective factions? I have a mixed answer to that. My OR, Sith, NR, and Vong are each in their own separate box that is relatively shallow and it's not too hard to put the customs in their own protected slot. Customs in those factions are with the faction boxes. But the other boxes are larger and I have the customs off separate for better protection.
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:33:44 PM
Groups: Member

Giant Rubbermaid, then tackle boxes inside of it for each faction. All uniques are together (including customs and Vsets sharing space with WOTC pieces.

The cards are more interesting because I break it down by faction. And then all rhyme or reason changes. Generally uniques first and non-uniques after. OR/SITH/MANDO are arranged chronologically.

Imperials/New Republic are new canon first then old canon. Separatists are Grievous and the real Separatist heroes up front with random other commanders following it up. All of the new vset non-uniques because they are the best, and then huges because I love them haha.

Vong/Rebel/Fringe are my opinion coolest/best characters first (Nom anor, Ghost Crew/Kyle Katarn/HK-47)

My playgroup hates finding pieces there hahaha
Lily_Wan
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:51:01 PM

I store my cards and miniatures by set.
gholli69
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 1:37:45 PM

I go with by faction for the cards by cost and alphabetically when cost is equal. For the minis, I use large tackle/ tool boxes that have dividers and separate by faction with usually two partitions per faction, one area for rares/ uniques, and a larger area for commons. Fringe is slightly different because the faction is so big I keep a third area for fringe pieces I use frequently like uggies, r7s, twilek BSV,. Klat.Capt. etc.