RegisterDonateLogin

Allergy Alert: May contain Bantha hair.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Ysalmari Bubble Options
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 11:38:07 AM
Groups: Member

I'm wondering if there are some new interactions I am unaware of with it. I know it has been changed. So I will rattle off some questions I have.

1. Can I FP reroll saves from enemies who attack me from inside the bubble, if I am outside of it.

2. Can I Lightsaber Defense something using the same scenario.

3. Can I lightsaber throw 3 (LoS choose an enemy) into a bubble if I am out of the bubble.

4. If I can do that, can I Sith rage that attack to get +10 damage.

5.Can I surpsise attack an enemy inside a bubble, if I am outside a bubble.

6. Can I lightsaber assault them in the same scenario.

And last... If I target someone outside of the Bubble with SBM, can I move someone within 6 of them if they are in the bubble
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 11:57:56 AM

1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. yes
5. yes
6. yes

7. No characters inside the bubble cannot be moved by sith battle manipulation
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 11:59:23 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. yes
5. yes
6. yes

7. No characters inside the bubble cannot be moved by sith battle manipulation

Thank You Sir
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 12:20:18 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The new interaction is that Ysalamiri now says characters in its range cannot spend Force points or be affected by Force powers.

http://www.bloomilk.com/SpecialAbility?Id=202

(Old definitnion was that characters cannot spend Force points and gain Force Immunity. Force Immunity says *enemies* cannot affect you with Force powers or spend Force points to reroll against you or respond to you.)

Most of the things you just mentioned could already be done even before the change. Rage, Surprise Attack, LS Assault, LS Throw all affect the character using the ability. So assuming you're outside the bubble and can spend the Force points you can then attack someone inside the bubble with a normal attack while getting the bonuses granted to you by the Force power. And you could already do that before the change.

The first two of your questions are changes, though. With old Ysalamiri, you couldn't respond or reroll with Force powers. Now you can because you can now respond with Force points, but you still can't affect the attacker with a Force power. Illusion, for example, still can't be used against someone in a Force bubble because you are affecting them by forcing them roll a save.

Another change is Renewal. You used to be able to get Force Renewal inside a Force bubble because Force Immunity only affects *other character's* Force powers, not your own. Now if you're in the bubble you can't be affected by any Force powers, including your own Force powers, and including Renewal.
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 1:11:30 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
The new interaction is that Ysalamiri now says characters in its range cannot spend Force points or be affected by Force powers.

(Old definitnion was that characters cannot spend Force points and gain Force Immunity. Force Immunity says *enemies* cannot affect you with Force powers or spend Force points to reroll against you or respond to you.)

Most of the things you just mentioned could already be done even before the change. Rage, Surprise Attack, LS Assault, LS Throw all affect the character using the ability. So assuming you're outside the bubble and can spend the Force points you can then attack someone inside the bubble with a normal attack while getting the bonuses granted to you by the Force power. And you could already do that before the change.

The first two of your questions are changes, though. With old Ysalamiri, you couldn't respond or reroll with Force powers. Now you can because you can now respond with Force points, but you still can't affect the attacker with a Force power. Illusion, for example, still can't be used against someone in a Force bubble because you are affecting them by forcing them roll a save.

Another change is Renewal. You used to be able to get Force Renewal inside a Force bubble because Force Immunity only affects *enemy* Force powers, not your own. Now if you're in the bubble you can't be affected by any Force powers, including your own Force powers, and including Renewal.

Are you sure? pretty sure force immunity was enemies and allies the whole time. You couldn't levitate your own force immune guy (or pawn him) and if he was adjacent, your lightning or unleash the force didn't work on him.

Also pretty sure that you still get renewal under the current ysimiralreara rulings
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 1:22:15 PM

urbanjedi wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Another change is Renewal. You used to be able to get Force Renewal inside a Force bubble because Force Immunity only affects *enemy* Force powers, not your own. Now if you're in the bubble you can't be affected by any Force powers, including your own Force powers, and including Renewal.

Are you sure? pretty sure force immunity was enemies and allies the whole time. You couldn't levitate your own force immune guy (or pawn him) and if he was adjacent, your lightning or unleash the force didn't work on him.

Also pretty sure that you still get renewal under the current ysimiralreara rulings

So which is it?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 1:30:53 PM

urbanjedi wrote:

You're right - it was. It says "enemies" on the card but "other characters" in the glossary. Your own Force powers could still affect you, but since you can't spend Force points Force Renewal is pretty much the only thing that would actually work. (I corrected my statement above.)
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 1:33:50 PM

So Force Renewal DOES work
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 2:01:08 PM

shmi15 wrote:

That's a different question. I just pinged swinefeld on it so hopefully we will hear soon.

Force Immunity says you can't be affected by other characters' Force powers. Current Ysalamiri says you can't be affected by Force powers at all, so I believe Force Renewal does not work in the bubble under current rules.

On the other hand, when Jason and I disagree on a rule he is usually right.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 2:12:14 PM

I'm looking for the (balance committee) discussion thread to be sure I'm not missing something... back later.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 2:35:19 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
shmi15 wrote:

That's a different question. I just pinged swinefeld on it so hopefully we will hear soon.

Force Immunity says you can't be affected by other characters' Force powers. Current Ysalamiri says you can't be affected by Force powers at all, so I believe Force Renewal does not work in the bubble under current rules.

On the other hand, when Jason and I disagree on a rule he is usually right.

No Renewal in the bubble.