RegisterDonateLogin

Is a political idealist, not a murderer.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Photobucket Embedded Image Fix Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 12:10:49 PM
Groups: Member

Photobucket has ticked off quite a few people, me included. But it seems there's an add-on fix and I seem to have stumbled onto this fix. I've tried it and as of today, they work. I have them for Firefox and Chrome; Can't seem to find an Internet Explorer one ....

Chrome

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embedded-imag/ogipgokcopooepeipngiikdkpmcpkaon?hl=en-US

Firefox

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/

Hopefully they work for you as they are for me?

cheers,

surf

General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 12:27:06 PM

Does this mean all of your old pictures will be back?
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 12:57:10 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Does this mean all of your old pictures will be back?

Well, I've got Firefox And Chrome on my laptop at work, and yes, the old stuff comes up with the Add-on's. Is this a "permanent" solution? Heck if I know. Photobucket may try to go around this in some way, but as of right now, it works.

BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk

PS - I tried to "download" pics. Can't do that --- apparently you can just see them but nothing else .... which is still better than nothing I guess ....
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 2:19:35 PM

What about safari?
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 4:10:31 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
What about safari?

Honestly don't know.

I was surfing the net, curious about the latest from photobucket (and whether they'd gone under) and I ran across an article with the subtitle (Photobucket Embedded Image Fix.)

It was for Chrome, so I tested the add-on and it worked, I found one for Firefox but no luck on IE; I frankly almost never use Safari (unless I'm on my wife's phone) so I can't say but if its out there, good luck.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 6:00:34 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
What about safari?

Honestly don't know.

I was surfing the net, curious about the latest from photobucket (and whether they'd gone under) and I ran across an article with the subtitle (Photobucket Embedded Image Fix.)

It was for Chrome, so I tested the add-on and it worked, I found one for Firefox but no luck on IE; I frankly almost never use Safari (unless I'm on my wife's phone) so I can't say but if its out there, good luck.

I always have to remember that more people use PCs. I'm starting to think it's a big city thing. The vast majority here (Chicago) use Macs. Whenever I venture out into the suburbs or rural areas it nuthin but PCs.

(Shrug)
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 6:39:53 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

TimmerB123 wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
What about safari?

Honestly don't know.

I always have to remember that more people use PCs. I'm starting to think it's a big city thing. The vast majority here (Chicago) use Macs. Whenever I venture out into the suburbs or rural areas it nuthin but PCs.

(Shrug)

Inspecting the Firefox add-on info... some guy first built it for Chrome, then another guy ported it to Firefox. So basically it's a home-grown fix. Sorry. Sad
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 7:25:13 PM

swinefeld wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
What about safari?

Honestly don't know.

(Shrug)

Inspecting the Firefox add-on info... some guy first built it for Chrome, then another guy ported it to Firefox. So basically it's a home-grown fix. Sorry. Sad

Apparently it is what it is; can't download but you Can see the old pics. That's something I guess. Maybe some kind soul who can code will figure out something for Safari & IE.

@ TimmerB123 - Used to be a Mac guy till work gave me a free PC; can't argue with free.
Echo24
Posted: Saturday, September 30, 2017 4:12:12 AM

Safari's market share of desktop browsers is under 4%, the lowest of all major web browsers. Most people who write browser extensions just do it for the browsers they personally use.