RegisterDonateLogin

Banned from the 'silly' message boards.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Sacrificial Cover Options
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, October 1, 2017 10:16:50 AM
Groups: Member

So I always thought K2SO Had to target the person who does the damage, but thats not the way it reads. Was just curious if K2 gets a free attack on anyone with this ability? Obviously assuming no one is adjacent
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, October 1, 2017 10:40:59 AM

if it was against attacker it should read against the attacker, so you should be fine shooting anyone that is legal or the adjacent person to you if you are hit from nondjacent player.

X1

X is K-2SO
1 is opponent and is adjacent
2 is opponent that is shooting K-2

K-2 can shoot #1

X - 1

2 shoots K-2, k-2 can shoot either 1 or 2

Is how I think it works

But, lets say he has 10 life left and I shoot him and kill him, does he get a death shot?

TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, October 1, 2017 10:47:24 AM

shmi15 wrote:
So I always thought K2SO Had to target the person who does the damage, but thats not the way it reads. Was just curious if K2 gets a free attack on anyone with this ability? Obviously assuming no one is adjacent

K2 gets a free attack on any legal target with this ability. So only adjacent enemies (if there are any), and obviously needs LoS, they can't have invisibility (if not adjacent), they can't have diplomat (assuming a non-diplomat is in LoS), etc.

The idea is that when K-2SO is at 1/2 HP or less, if he gets hit - 99.9% of the time he'll hit someone back. He may choose that as an opportunity to kill a key piece of tech, or throw more damage into an adjacent enemy while a different enemy is shooting him.

There was quite a lot of time spent carefully balancing this ability (there were many iterations), in combination with different HPs. In play testing he usually got 2-3 shots back before dying.

The reason for no cover is to even the playing field for Melee. Melee obviously has to be adjacent to attack, so they'll get hit back (or another adjacent enemy will). If you shoot K-2 at half HP or less, he'll shoot you (or someone else more important) back, even if that enemy has stealth or cloaked. It will often be more dangerous to shoot K2, as that gives him more options to retaliate against. Also shooters often rely on mobile attack, stealth or cloaked for defense, and none of those are any good in this situation.

Obviously flavor-wise this represents his final scene in Rogue One where he pulls out the blaster and starts taking out troopers as he gets shot to crap, in order to give Andor and Jyn more time to complete the mission.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, October 1, 2017 10:48:27 AM

jen'ari wrote:

But, lets say he has 10 life left and I shoot him and kill him, does he get a death shot?

Yes

This happens when he takes damage, which is before you remove him from the board.
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, October 1, 2017 4:34:27 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

Yes

This happens when he takes damage, which is before you remove him from the board.

So I assume that works with all abilities... like Djem So? Or I Could even respond with a FP before being removed?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, October 1, 2017 4:53:43 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Pretty much, yes. It's part of why you can get absolutely insane Djem So/Riposte battles if both characters have it. Pull out the pen and paper. Because each character can keep responding to the other character's hits with repeated Djem So attacks and all the attacks could hit before any of them apply damage.
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, October 1, 2017 4:55:40 PM

What happens if I kill someone with Twin attack on their first attack? Would they still get their twin?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, October 1, 2017 5:37:39 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

No. Twin Attack doesn't interrupt the previous attack like Djem So does.