RegisterDonateLogin

Spreading like the Rakghoul Disease in an Ewok Village.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Questions about defense beacon SA Options
gholli69
Posted: Friday, October 6, 2017 2:52:45 PM
Groups: Member

So I played a couple of games today, and used a character with the new SA (defense beacon), played against a Mandolorian squad with Jangalore, Venku Skirata, a piece that was being play tested so I won't spoil the name, and demagol. The wording of defnse beacon is a little confusing to me and wasn't really clear to my opponent either. It says that a character who started their move or who becomes adjacent cannot both move more than 6 squares and make more than 1 attack. So if Jangalore starts adjacent can he furious assault and then attack each legal target once or does he only get to choose 1 target and make 1 attack against that character. Also, if an opponents piece has twin, does defense beacon cancel the twin or do they still roll both attacks because twin is one attack? Just some things that could use clarification if anyone knows the way they are supposed to work or designers intent etc., any insight would be appreciated.
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, October 6, 2017 3:50:50 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Yeah, the wording was a bit difficult as the SA was intended to cover a lot of situations.

Let me review the design thread for some details, but in the meantime this is the current glossary *draft*. It may be expanded further if need be, and there will be FAQ questions to cover some specific interactions.

Quote:
Defense Beacon
Glossary: Enemies that begin their turn adjacent or become adjacent are affected for the rest of the turn. Affected enemies may not make a second attack this turn if they have moved more than 6 squares, and affected enemies who have made a second attack may not move more than 6 squares. If an enemy has already moved at least 6 squares and attacked more than once this turn when they become adjacent, they may not attack or move for the rest of the turn.

Jangalore can Furious Assault freely so long as he doesn't move over 6.
gholli69
Posted: Friday, October 6, 2017 6:19:21 PM

Ok thanks that clears it up quite a bit, so long as the don't move more Than six then they can still make multiple attacks it seems. We weren't reading it correctly at all. so someone with GMA could still make all their attacks as long as they don't move more than six to do it.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, October 7, 2017 7:36:05 AM

Simple concept, but the wording gets tricky.

If at any point during your turn you are adjacent to this character (starting off or become later)

You may EITHER

A. Move more than 6 squares
B. Attack more than 1 opponent

You cannot do both

(If you have done one before becoming adjacent, you can't do the other. If you've done BOTH before becoming adjacent, once you become adjacent you must immediately stop and you may no longer attack this turn)

This is most effective vs galloping attack and strafe, but it shortens the movement of Jangos furious assaults as well. 👍🏼