RegisterDonateLogin

Is supposed to know a power socket from a computer terminal.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

new floor rules for tournaments Options
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, October 7, 2017 8:09:55 PM
Groups: Member

CorellianComedian wrote:

Just trying to clarify, because I want to make sure I understand you correctly (fog-brain from after work): are you saying that the TO having permission to set rules on doors locked or unlocked is an accommodation? (Sorry if I totally missed what you meant)

no, I am saying that a person being allowed to watch other people's games and than locking there door and it being ok is an accommodation.
especially midway through a tournament
CorellianComedian wrote:

Again, clarification question: I understand you to say that there are rules for tournament play, not related specifically to SWM, that apply to SWM? I understand totally that the word "tournament" usually implies certain things, especially with regard to gaming. So are you saying it breaks the reasonable expectation of what a tournament is, or that it breaks codified rules - clearly stated somewhere - that govern all tournaments, even if they are not defined by SWM?

I am saying that tournaments have set rules for viewing. This is a SWM rule as well. I have been to tournaments before and watched all sorts of people play and no one has ever been aloud to lock a door on me. (I have never been disrespectful or imposing either)
Watching games is allowed. I am just saying that every tournament, in almost every game (I cant think of one that doesn't, even poker has viewers), allows people to watch games. Magic the Gathering has viewers all the time. People that are not even playing can walk around and watch.
i am establishing the fact that tournaments allow viewers.
CorellianComedian wrote:

When you say "one way or the other," do you mean it should be that way for every future tournament, or just that each tournament must have an all-doors-closed or all-doors-open policy?

I think that the event organizer person should make a ruling for the tournament that it is either open door to everyone or closed door to everyone.
Someone watching other people's games and than locking there door should not be allowed and the rules should specify as such.
juice man
Posted: Sunday, October 8, 2017 8:58:50 AM

WOW!!! Wow, wow, wow!
This is what I see here. A bunch a people agreeing that there needs to some locked/unlocked vassle guidelines.

And then jenari, who wants to argue with people who essentaly agree with him, just because they aren't agreeing with 100% of his thoughts.

Big ego there jen?
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, October 8, 2017 9:37:22 AM

You should start from the beginning juice.
I payed my thoughts on it. Since then kind of defending thoughts.
I mean I said that's the last I would say, trying to stay out of it.
Than I made a "playful" post with tint, than he declared I was using a straw man so I got back in then CC asked for clarification.
So... Ya not really arguing as much as stating my opinion.