Was a good friend.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Week 73 CCC: Pilots/Squadrons Options
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, October 7, 2017 3:36:26 PM
Groups: Member

surf_rider56 wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

this guy with GARY is pretty powerful stuff.

Cunning attack and Pinpoint attacks is powerful. the imperials will bring in a few with twin attack. might be very powerful. Jaq will have cunning with pin point attacks and assassin as well.

might make for a viable shooter squad in Sith, might be cool. Will have to look at it more to see if it s too much. grenades with -4 bubble might be powerful as well, but nothing we haven't seen before

How can Jaq benefit? She only gives out Skull Squadron (and therefore the CE) to non-uniques?

My bad, jaq can't.
I think it can be a good thing. Just trying to process how it would look in a squad. I think it will be fine. Especially since it is not unique
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 11:56:32 AM

1. Caedus
2. Saber1
3. Surf
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 12:10:43 PM

1 GG
2 surf
3 spry
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 1:47:07 PM

1: Lord Ball -that Ace Pilot, love that ability
2: Jen'ari
3: Caedus
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 2:40:07 PM

Some interesting takes ... but still not much explanations on why votes are what they are. Are we really that pressed for time? I just did it in 17 minutes. Ah well ....

GG - Sol Sixxa. The SA order is a little weird, but Revanent's with Sol or Nym gain Pilot, Explosive & Missles; would've felt better if it was non-unique pirates but its done ...

jak - Pilot Droid. I'm not sure I'd ever use it, but its certainly a different idea .....

LB - Captain Juno. LB and I have talked about the length of Ace's explanation, and I never brought up Dogfighter; its a "new" ability and yet you don't explain it, which would make the "card" even more impossibly long ... and while I actually like dogfighter (nice idea!) ... can't wrap myself around Ace ...

jen'ari - Col Serra. He's interesting, but he's a little too much, IMO, for a relatively minor character. A better known character with all that? Sure. We've talked about this and I still say he's more of a >25 cost type of guy so he just needed to lose a few HP and 1-2 abilities but hey, its not my guy/call, just an opinion.

spry - Face Loran. Still think he's 10 HP more than other Wraiths (my opinion) and "Presumed" should have something added into it like "At the end of this character's turn, if the first time this character’s Hit Points ..." just to clear up any issues about multiple attacks and does he even get to Use Presumed before he's dead ....

saber - Emtrey. Was Sensors one of the original SA's? Interesting metamorphosis its taken over the week ...

caedus - Lt. Heff. Still can't deal with such a minor guy giving Board-wide CE's. Extend it may to 12, but not Board-wide .....

blem - Zander. I must be old ... a Lego's guy Huh ..... sorry, no offense ..... just judging him as is, for a nobody, he seems to have a lot of everything AND armament??

3rd - GG

2nd - saber

1st - jak

jen'ari
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 2:48:47 PM

1. Saber1 the reassessment at the top of a round is a cool gimmick

2. Surfrider - I like pinpoint attacks in Sith, can help Sith be more formidable against swarms.

3. Blemelisk - tricky guy. pin down is a good ability and that armament creates options and game tactic decisions which can lead to fun game play.
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 3:59:55 PM

@Surf not that it overtly matters, but Presumed Dead is an already established ability on Ludo Kreesh and the Rebel Rex.
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 4:58:07 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Some interesting takes ... but still not much explanations on why votes are what they are. Are we really that pressed for time? I just did it in 17 minutes. Ah well ....

GG - Sol Sixxa. The SA order is a little weird, but Revanent's with Sol or Nym gain Pilot, Explosive & Missles; would've felt better if it was non-unique pirates but its done ...

jak - Pilot Droid. I'm not sure I'd ever use it, but its certainly a different idea .....

LB - Captain Juno. LB and I have talked about the length of Ace's explanation, and I never brought up Dogfighter; its a "new" ability and yet you don't explain it, which would make the "card" even more impossibly long ... and while I actually like dogfighter (nice idea!) ... can't wrap myself around Ace ...

jen'ari - Col Serra. He's interesting, but he's a little too much, IMO, for a relatively minor character. A better known character with all that? Sure. We've talked about this and I still say he's more of a >25 cost type of guy so he just needed to lose a few HP and 1-2 abilities but hey, its not my guy/call, just an opinion.

spry - Face Loran. Still think he's 10 HP more than other Wraiths (my opinion) and "Presumed" should have something added into it like "At the end of this character's turn, if the first time this character’s Hit Points ..." just to clear up any issues about multiple attacks and does he even get to Use Presumed before he's dead ....

saber - Emtrey. Was Sensors one of the original SA's? Interesting metamorphosis its taken over the week ...

caedus - Lt. Heff. Still can't deal with such a minor guy giving Board-wide CE's. Extend it may to 12, but not Board-wide .....

blem - Zander. I must be old ... a Lego's guy Huh ..... sorry, no offense ..... just judging him as is, for a nobody, he seems to have a lot of everything AND armament??

3rd - GG

2nd - saber

1st - jak

Should watch the show, it is a pretty cool star wars show. Go in with the attitude that it is light hearted and aimed at kids and you wont be disappointed. and his original ability was a play on words from his source (Lego), and not armament, but became armament because it was functionally the same (at the request of others). You will notice that only one is really weapon based, the others are more like abilities he has or potentially can use. If you dont like this guy, just wait till someone has a CCC that I can create R0-GR, you will absolutely hate him!
saber1
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 5:29:27 PM

I'll be a bit late voting.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 5:44:49 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

I was able to whip up a mock card that included dogfighters description at 11/11.5 so while packed it's no worse than the worst (which is still pretty bad, but acceptable by my standards). Obviously I don't usually make packed cards, but sometimes it's inevitable.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 8:59:49 PM

Sorry I don't have time for a full right up but I think I commented on everyone's.

3rd LB
2nd Surf
1st Spry
saber1
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 11:07:07 PM

I don't have time to knock out a final review of each piece here but I did leave comments throughout the week. Tough competition this week. I really went back-and-forth on several pieces and finally landed on my rankings.

1st: jen'ari
2nd: General Grievous
3rd: spryguy1981
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:11:44 AM

jak & caedus haven't voted yet; we have a tie at 7 between saber and me, with GG at 6 and jen'ari & spry at 5.
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:01:00 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
jak & caedus haven't voted yet; we have a tie at 7 between saber and me, with GG at 6 and jen'ari & spry at 5.

Give them til noon PST, shall we?
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:06:12 AM

sorry, real life. lol

1. Surf
2. Jak
3. Lord Ball
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:42:25 AM

Caedus wrote:
sorry, real life. lol

Isn't it a pain when life seems to interfer with out fun time? RollEyes

BlooMilk
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 11:29:24 AM

... ok, back from lunch. I think I'm the winner?
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 11:53:28 AM

works for me
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 12:18:58 PM

Looks like you took this week, surf. Congrats!
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 12:21:16 PM

saber1 wrote:
Looks like you took this week, surf. Congrats!

Thanks. I actually "wanted" this because I had a thought I wanted to try out .... (and no, its Not my usual Who/What am I ....'