RegisterDonateLogin

Impressive. Most impressive.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Broken Kol Options
exitspectral
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2009 11:25:16 AM
Groups: Member

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/View.aspx?ID=48163please rate and comment.

--Broken Kol--
38 Kol Skywalker
25 Bossk, Bounty Hunter
25 Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight
23 General Wedge Antilles
18 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo
9 General Dodonna
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(150pts. 10 activations)

I know that bossk is a glass cannon, but he gains some surviveability with wedge and leia.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2009 11:30:08 AM

Fantastic build! It's always great to see someone play Bossk BH, who is one of the most underrated pieces in the game, and Kol, is well, broken. I don't see any changes that need to be made here. Great job.
lukey84
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 3:36:50 AM

i like how bossk can do double claw attack + momentum + greater mobile + rend.
turkveal
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 6:09:43 AM

I like it a lot, and as merc moose said i love seeing bossk BH played. great damage output, bossk with that Leia evade is great. I think we will start seeing a lot of older fringe pieces being dug back out bc of it. Again i really enjoy it
Bob Chizo
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 3:13:51 PM

ThumbsUp AWESOME!!
joverfield
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 11:46:23 PM

i really like this squad...kol is really nice for 38pts, and very hard to hit combined with wedge and leia
twinjedi
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:20:16 AM

mercenary_moose wrote:
Fantastic build! It's always great to see someone play Bossk BH, who is one of the most underrated pieces in the game, and Kol, is well, broken. I don't see any changes that need to be made here. Great job.

Bossk BH isn't underated, he is pertty cool for the points.
exitspectral
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 8:55:15 AM

Thx for all the good comments guys, but Im sad to say that I lost against a rebel push squad while playtesting. It was a close game, it came down to my wedge against his Luke hoth pilot. There was a moment at the beginning of the game that I had a mouse droid in front of my TBSV in order to block a push, and he killed it with reiken, needing a 15 to hit, and then was able to push my TBSV. That was the turning point of the match.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 12:09:24 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Swap Bossk for an Ossus Guardian and you can prevent the pushes.
Partof1
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:55:42 PM

Its nice, but I think your damge output is lacking. Kol can do 60, Bossk can do 70, and the Vigo can do 30. This is under ideal conditions. All in all, too many points in commanders. Drop Leia for a better fighter
joverfield
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:52:49 PM

leia is what makes kol so broken....i think the squad was built to max out kols abilities, and leia is a must to do that....
LoboStele
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2009 12:40:50 AM

But Kol already has MOTF 2 if he needs extra re-rolls. Don't depend so much on Leia's CE, and learn to maneuver better so that while you're approaching your opponent, you don't even get shot at much. Then you don't need Leia's CE (or Wedge's for that matter).

I also agree that the Vong Ossus Guardian would probably be better than Bossk in this build. Bossk is a decent piece, and the GMA+Momentum+Double Claw Attack is sweet, but you'll be lucky to do it even once before Bossk gets slaughtered.
exitspectral
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2009 3:19:44 AM

Usually if Bossk gets off the gma+momentum+double claw attack he does die by the next round, but that is not before I mobiled out a few times and made 20 damage pop shots. Also, I dont think you guys are giving Leia enough credit, she increases the surviveability of the whole squad including TBSV and Wedge. And when the time is right she can come out and start dealing damage, granted a 9 attack isnt ideal, but I was able to kill yoda of dagaboh with her. He did not have any points to alter, and I was able to force absorb the light spirit. Additionally, force sense has not been useful yet, but Im sure it will be eventually.

When I was building the squad, my original idea was to finish off the points with either the ossus guardian or Kyp, but the rest of the points did not add up right. I could not have enough door control or enough mouse droids without dropping something else, either TBSV or Leia, and that would be changing the whole direction of the squad. So my options where Bossk, Juhani, EJA, or Jareal. Im sure there is some debate over my choice, but I have no regrets playing with Bossk, BH.