RegisterDonateLogin

More addictive than death sticks.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The Return of LowerHuttaCon! Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 11:26:39 AM
Groups: Member

You kiwis really don't like strafe, do you. Wink

Luke and Leia on speeder crushes death troopers.

That is certainly not to take away from Mike.

Great squad, well played sir!
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 12:00:27 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:

I had three squads in mind for this tournament, one of which was the speeder. I think it would have done really well against the two finalists, but would have struggled with Sharron's Solo Charge - he has disruptive, so I don't get the +20, and he can probably track the Speeder down with Ganner and Mara.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 12:08:05 PM

TheHutts wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

I had three squads in mind for this tournament, one of which was the speeder. I think it would have done really well against the two finalists, but would have struggled with Sharron's Solo Charge - he has disruptive, so I don't get the +20, and he can probably track the Speeder down with Ganner and Mara.

Good call.

Unfortunately, there are so many options these days, I think you gotta build squad that does well vs most of the meta you expect to see, and hope you don't face your bad matchups. Nothing beats everything. So many squads are so extreme in one direction, that squads that don't have direct counters will lose most of the time. There's too much to be able to counter everything.

I will admit that Mike had a brilliant combo. It was missed by our design team and all of the play testers. The design team play tested 4-5 matches in person vs different squads, as well as you playing a couple as a play tester. In all but 1 of playtests Death Troopers lost badly. Hux/Snoke/Ren gives them a massive boost. We are a little concerned about the combo.
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 12:28:46 PM

Yeah, I think we were instructed to play them as bodyguards for tanks but they're pretty effective as standalone followers. As Imperial followers with stealth they're eligible for masses of CEs (super stealth, GMA, accurate, force points, evade), and they're very survivable with Unit Bodyguard. They're probably going to have a few bad matchups since they don't have a ton of movement and they're low activation, but I think they're significantly too high on the power curve.
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 12:51:53 PM

TheHutts wrote:
Yeah, I think we were instructed to play them as bodyguards for tanks but they're pretty effective as standalone followers. As Imperial followers with stealth they're eligible for masses of CEs (super stealth, GMA, accurate, force points, evade), and they're very survivable with Unit Bodyguard. They're probably going to have a few bad matchups since they don't have a ton of movement and they're low activation, but I think they're significantly too high on the power curve.

They can get anything they need. I started a new thread about Deathtroopers to continue this discussion