RegisterDonateLogin

How wude!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Zombies! (custom format) Options
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 4:36:15 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Ha, it's been quite a while since I last posted this anywhere. 'Tis the season, and all that.
An oldie but goody.

Quote:
LoboStele wrote:

Halloween is upon us! What better way to celebrate than with some Star Wars Miniatures: Zombie Infestation!

We've come up with a rule set for our local group that we're planning to try out, and I figured I would toss the rules up here on the forums for everyone else to enjoy as well.

Basically, it works like this. Your entire squad must be living characters. No non-living pieces at all. Whenever a piece dies of 'natural causes' (shot by somebody, flamethrower, lightsaber hit, etc.), you roll a save of 11. If you fail that save, the piece comes back as a Zombie (see below for Zombie stats)! Basically, a Zombie virus has infected everyone. There's no way to know who might become a Zombie until they are dead and it's already too late!

Now, you still control Zombies that spawn from your own pieces. Whether they are activated or not depends on what the status was of the piece that was defeated (kind of like Princess Leia, Hoth Commander's CE).

Now, where it starts to get really interesting is when your Zombies start attacking your opponent. Zombies work basically like Rakghouls. If one of your Zombies kills a living enemy, then YOU get a free Zombie, just like Rakghoul disease. No save of 11 for that either, again, just like the Rakghoul. Whenever a Zombie gets defeated, it is dead...again...lol.

You play the game as normal, first person to defeat the other person's squad wins, or if playing with a time limit, use the normal DCI rules for tiebreakers if time runs out before someone wins.

Here are the stats to use for the Zombies. Non-Unique Zombies come from defeated non-Uniques, and Unique Zombies come from defeated Uniques. Anything killed by a Zombie that spawns a new Zombie, it is spawned according to what the defeated character was, either Unique or non-Unique.

The above guide and cards are here

Zombie (SA) should probably be updated to ignore most/all abilities that specifically affect non-Living characters.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 2:09:06 AM
Groups: Member

yup, good ol' zombies!
I use a pastiche of this,
SurfRider56, WarevRirip, CerusMutor etc...
all in the one cogent Zombies Framework.

any time of year is good for zombies hehe. BlooMilk