RegisterDonateLogin

Help me Bloo Milk, you're my only hope.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Revan Customs (Not a Competition, I promise) Options
RevRevGar
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 5:28:10 AM
Groups: Member

Hey everybody!

So as we all know I am a huge fan of Revan. And I will almost always make customs based off him for any customs competitions. I was proud to have been the victor in my first competition. So the reason of this thread is a place where I will place all my custom Revans (Stats Only). We can discuss whether certain things make sense. And this is also a place where you can post your Revan and get my feedback on how good it is. I will take into thought the idea of staying Canon, unless stated in the competition or post. When I get home, in about 30 minutes I will post all my current Revan Customs. Hope you all enjoy this thread. Bye

-RevRevGar

Flapper
RevRevGar
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 6:36:44 AM

Thread

Revan, Guardian of the Galaxy (His name could also be "Revan, Sith Hunter" or "Revan, Loner")

Faction: Fringe
Cost: 125
HP: 180
Defense: 21
Attack: 17
Damage: 20

Special Abilities:

Unique
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies.)
Triple Attack (On its turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving.)
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, it makes 1 extra attack against the same target.)

Travels Alone (+4 Attack if no LIVING allies are within 6 squares, not subject to commander effects, and no Special Abilities or Force Powers, from allied characters, may be used on this character to modify his Statistics.)

Duelist (Gains +4 defense when attacked by an adjacent enemy.)
Juyo Style Mastery (Scores a critical hit on an attack roll of natural 18, 19, or 20, and triple damage is caused rather than double on a critical hit.)
Sith Hunter (Gains +4 attack and +10 damage characters in the following factions: Imperial, Separatist, Sith.)

Force Mastery (When an enemy character uses a Force Power against or on this character you may cancel that force power, save 18.) [I don't know if the wording is right, but you roll a 18,19, or 20 to cancel a force power used AGAINST or ON this character, if you want.]

Force Powers:

Force 1
Force Renewal 1 (This character gets 1 Force points each time it activates.)
Master of the Force 3 (May spend Force points up to 3 times in a single turn.)
Force Whirlwind (Force 2, replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage to target and each character adjacent to that target; save 11.)
Force Rage (Force 6, usable only on this characters turn: On this turn the character gains Greater Mobile Attack, +10 damage, speed 8, and scores a critical hit on his first attack. At the end of this turn the character takes 40 damage.)
Lightsaber Reflect (Force 2: When hit by a nonmelee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11 and the attacker takes damage equal to the prevented damage; save 11)
Lightsaber Riposte (Force 1: When hit by a melee attack, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker.)

Commander Effects:
None

Revan left everything behind and disappeared from the known galaxy with the goal to find and destroy the "True Sith"

Okay so this Revan is not meant to be some great Commander, or some great Tactitian. This is post KoToR 1, where he leaves everything behind him and travels alone. I did everything here for a reason, and I would love to explain some of it. Travels Alone is pretty obvious, he travels alone so even if he is in a squad he acts as if he isn't. I put Duelist in there because he was considered the greatest warrior of his age, decided lightsaber duellist was too common to portray that. Juyo Style Mastery is because that is the fighting style he mastered, it was all about enhancing ferocity and having an all out offensive. Sith Hunter was because he left the galaxy to fight evil. Force Mastery was to just add something in there to make him more cost effective, and looking at him was like staring into the force, so says Kreia. Whirlwind was one of his great abilities. And Force Rage was something he mastered, so I made the power cost a lot but be very worth the 5 turns of waiting for it. The Reflect was because he needed something to deal with shooters.

If he were to be used against a Bane, Kun, Or Vader JH. He could wait for 5 turns while his allies run around and then he could come running out with the ability to do 40 damage at an attack of +24 if alone and deal a possible 280 damage if every shot hit, which they most likely could, and then he could hide again. Or if position right you could run in the middle of a group and deal 120 to one character and 80 to two others if they fit the parameters of Sith Hunter.
RevRevGar
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 6:47:30 AM

Thread

Faction: Mandalorian

Cost: 97

Mandalore the Tactician

Hit Points: 130
Defense: 18
Attack: 16

Special Abilities:
Unique (Counts as Revan)
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies.)
Melee Fighter (This character gains 3 defense when being attacked by adjacent characters.)
Triple Attack (On its turn, this character can make 2 extra attacks instead of moving.)
Grand Master Tactician (You automatically choose who goes first except on a roll of 1 and you may activate two allied characters in the first phase rather than one.)
Djem So Style (Whenever this character is hit by a melee attack, make a save of 11. On a success, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker.)

Force Powers:
Force 1
Force Renewal 1 (This character gets 1 Force point each time it activates.)
Master of The Force 2 (May spend Force points up to 2 times in a single turn.)
Lightsaber Block (Force 1: When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Lightsaber Precision (Force 1: This character gets +10 Damage on its next attack.)

Commander Effects:

Old Republic Commander (Your Sqaud may include Non-Unique Old Republic characters.)
Non-Unique Allies get +3 Defense and +3 Attack. After Initiative is determined two allied characters may move up to a total of 6 squares put together before any other character activates, or one allied character may move up to a total of 6 squares before any other character activates.)

After defeating Mandalore, Revan realized the great power he could achieve by taking the mantle himself and leading the Mandalorian forces against the weak Old Republic

My only two corrections to this piece would be: 1- Taking off Djem So, its not entirely canonical to Revan, although this entire is piece is anti-canon. But Still it doesn't fit. And, 2- Make the cost less.
awesome
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 8:23:24 AM

well have you seen my revan, supreme overlord?
his fig is pretty realistic.

this is the forum
http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=969
strate_jakit
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 8:35:08 AM

The Revanchist

Old Republic:75
Hp:120
def:20
atk:+14
dmg:20

Sa:
Unique(counts as darth revan), melee attack,
double attack, master deception(if an enemy
misses an attack against this character it must
make a save of 6, on a failure the attacker joins
this characters squad for the remainder of the skirmish),
betrayal, affinity(sith)

force:2 renewal1
master of the force2, force corruption, force defense,
lightsaber deflect, lightsaber block, force lightning2,
force valor, force illusion

CE:
your squad may include non-unique characters with
a force rating of any faction

"Who I am is not important—my message is."
RevRevGar
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2009 5:37:43 AM

awesome wrote:
well have you seen my revan, supreme overlord?

I actually posted on that thread. Some comments about the Revan:

I like his special abilities. Tactician is always a Revan obvious, and Dark Armor makes total sense if you are doing a Supreme Overlord. If you look at Revan's Wookiepedia page, it discusses the possibility that his fighting style was Juyo (Because he was in such a stance in a KoToR 1 cut scene.) Which is why I think that you should take Djem So down and make a new ability based off the dynamics of Juyo style fighting. Jedi hunter doesn't make much sense, to me, in representing who Revan was. Personally I would take that off. So then comes Avoid Defeat, so I was first thinking that it wasn't a great Revan like ability, but then I got to thinking; when he was attacked by Malak he should have died, but he barely survived, just as if he were using Avoid Defeat. So I really like having that in there!

For his force powers. MOTF 2 is definitely what any Revan should have, I can't believe they didn't make the 88 point mini more force versatile. Illusion doesn't make sense for Revan, it's not his style, maybe you could replace it with something more generic like Lightsaber Block? Otherwise most of his force powers are good. Maybe though you could throw in an attack force power, other than Assualt. Something like Whirlwind, or Lighting, or Affliction, just to name the things he was known for.

His Commander effect is really cool, maybe make it thought only effect those with Force? Don't make it force rating though, because if you just throw in Sidious Hologram with it then everyone gets a force first round and then they get the benefits of his CE. So something like: All allied characters who activate with at least 1 force gain Force Renewal 2 and Master of The Force 2.

Just a thought if this is suppose to be Revan at his greatest you could make something that allows any non-unique force users from any faction be in his squad, I mean he was known for, at a young age, getting Jedi to against their masters and then converting them to the dark side later. He was a master at manipulating wounds in the force.

I like it.

-RevRevGar
awesome
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2009 8:13:24 AM

Yeah illusion isnt but it is very cool,

and he has jedi hunter for when he hunted malak.
RevRevGar
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2009 7:50:44 PM

strate_jakit wrote:
The Revanchist

Hey, I really like the idea of a Revanchist Revan, I have been working on one a while myself. I like Master Deception. I don't know though, if you realize, that Betrayal is like and Master Deception. I mean, if the person rolls a 1 then they missed, so would they be in your squad or would they roll the 6? I say you cancel Betrayal and keep Master Deception. You have thrown in Illusion, just as awesome did. Its not very Canon, unless they release new info about him. So I would say you take that out and upgrade the lightning. The Commander Effect is PERFECT! I LOVE IT! :]

By the way, the cost comes out to be about 61. I recommend you make it cost only 60 or 65 depending on your opinion. Look at stuff you could put in with him depending on his cost and see if you can find a good cost in that range that creates a well synergized squad for 150 points.

awesome wrote:
and he has jedi hunter for when he hunted malak.

You could do something similar to the Sith Hunter in my Revan. But I understand the idea.

Keep the Revan's coming everyone!

-RevRevGar
Plokoon13
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 10:38:21 AM

Revan, Redeemed
Old Republic
Cost 112
Hit Points: 140
Defense: 22

Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack
Double Attack
Twin Attack
Lightsaber Duelist
Juyo Style Mastery (This character scores critical hits on 19's and 20's, this character gets +10 damage against adjacent force users)
Redemption (On an attack roll of natural 20 against this character, the attacker joins this character's squad until the end of the skirmish)

Force Powers
Force 2
Force Renewal 2
Master of the Force 2
Lightsaber Deflect
Force Mobility (Force 2, This character gains Greater Mobile Attack till the end the skirmish)
Force Lightning 4
Force Heal 30

Commander Effect
Old Republic Characters in your squad gain Evade and +4 attack

This is a Revan after killing malak...has ranged defense and good base defense against melee force users but no Lblock. Juyo and Mobility can be very deadly against enemies and Heal helps his lower hp. Lightning is always a good offense if needed and his commander effect is something that is really needed for the Old Republic. He doesn't have MT because I don't think he really used it after killing Malak and this one is a more "Fighting" Revan.
RevRevGar
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 12:15:56 PM

Plokoon13 wrote:
Revan, Redeemed

Literally one of the greatest Revan's customs I have seen. I really like this. At first I thought the cost was too high but then I realized it makes total sense. The fact that he will never take a crit from a normal character, those who only crit with 20s is nice. And going against him you would fear the critical hit. Juyo Style Mastery is canon and works really well! And I am in love with your force powers. Maybe though, mobility shouldn't be for the skirmish, just the round, but otherwise healing and lightning are canon and are perfect for the cost. And the CE is definitely what OR needs. I really like this piece. Great job!

-RevRevGar
awesome
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 12:21:26 PM

Plokoon13 wrote:
Revan, Redeemed
Old Republic
Cost 112

Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack
Double Attack
Twin Attack
Lightsaber Duelist
Juyo Style Mastery (This character scores critical hits on 19's and 20's, this character gets +10 damage against adjacent force users)
Redemption (On an attack roll of natural 20 against this character, the attacker joins this character's squad until the end of the skirmish)

Force Powers
Force 2
Force Renewal 2
Master of the Force 2
Lightsaber Deflect
Force Mobility (Force 2, This character gains Greater Mobile Attack till the end the skirmish)
Force Lightning 4
Force Heal 30

Commander Effect

This is a Revan after killing malak...has ranged defense and good base defense against melee force users but no Lblock. Juyo and Mobility can be very deadly against enemies and Heal helps his lower hp. Lightning is always a good offense if needed and his commander effect is something that is really needed for the Old Republic. He doesn't have MT because I don't think he really used it after killing Malak and this one is a more "Fighting" Revan.

Hes pretty good, but after he killed malak, you got to chose if he was evil or good,
I dont think he always goes to the light,

I think that wizards needs to make him as a padowan to kriea and another dark lord (the first really didnt fit him all that much), and a redeemed

good job on the redeemed though.ThumpUp
RevRevGar
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:00:46 AM

Good job winning the Jedi Academy Competition Plokoon13. I knew that custom Mini was good :]

-RevRevGar
RevRevGar
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2009 4:46:39 AM

Thoughts on Cost?

Revan, Jedi Knight

Faction: Old Republic

Cost: ?

HP: 90
Defense: 19
Attack: 13

Special Abilities:

Unique
Melee Attack
Affinity (This character may be in a squad with Kreia, regardless of faction.)
Double Attack
Twin Attack

Force Powers:
Force 1
Force Renewal 1
Force Heal 30
Force Whirlwind
Jedi Mind Trick

Commander Effect:
Charisma (Non-Unique Allies with a force rating cost 2 points less when in a squad with this character.)
Loda
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2009 4:56:36 AM

Darth Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith
Cost:113
HP:150
DF:21
AT:+16
DA:20
SA: Unique. Melee Attack, Twin Attack, Double Attack, Lightsaber Duelist, Jedi Hunter, Embodiment of the Dark Side (Enemies with a force rating that cost less can not block this character's Force Powers.)
FP: Force 1, Force Renewal 2, Master of the Force 2,
Force Lightning 4 (Force 4)
Force Grip 2 (Force 2)
Force Push 3 (Force 3)
Lightsaber Defense (Force 1).
CE: Droids and savage characters are subject to this effect. Allies get +4 attack and allies with a force rating gain Twin Attack.
Doogle126
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:34:30 AM

Plokoon13 wrote:
Revan, Redeemed
Old Republic
Cost 112

Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack
Double Attack
Twin Attack
Lightsaber Duelist

Force Powers
Force 2
Force Renewal 2
Master of the Force 2
Lightsaber Deflect
Force Lightning 4
Force Heal 30

Commander Effect

that'll stop boba in his tracks!
RevRevGar
Posted: Saturday, July 18, 2009 9:50:42 AM

Loda wrote:
Darth Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith
Cost:113
HP:150
DF:21
AT:+16
DA:20
SA: Unique. Melee Attack, Twin Attack, Double Attack, Lightsaber Duelist, Jedi Hunter, Embodiment of the Dark Side (Enemies with a force rating that cost less can not block this character's Force Powers.)
FP: Force 1, Force Renewal 2, Master of the Force 2,
Force Lightning 4 (Force 4)
Force Grip 2 (Force 2)
Force Push 3 (Force 3)
Lightsaber Defense (Force 1).
CE: Droids and savage characters are subject to this effect. Allies get +4 attack and allies with a force rating gain Twin Attack.

To Star things off I like the CE.

I do though think his Cost is way too high. Atleast if his cost is that high then other things are lacking.

With an hp of 150 and only one way to stop any range or melee attacks, his hp is way too low. He can stop at least two attacks with Defense, but if he is facing someone who has 4 shots (like rex or Dash) He will still take 40 damage, and could even take 60 if he is forced to re-roll a save. Maybe give him Dark Armor to increase his potential HP.

His Attack should be a point or two higher, to lessen the chances of him missing an attack on somebody half his cost.

I like Embodiment, but I don't see how it would be effective, unless your runing into a lot of force defense. So maybe change it to his attacks cant be stopped or redirected?

I actually like this piece a lot, I just think the cost does not fit the figure.

-RevRevGar
defender390
Posted: Saturday, July 18, 2009 11:06:10 AM

Hey, RevRevGar, I think a cost of 34 would be about right for your custom. It would be higher, but I think you balanced him out well with his relative fragility.

Here is my Revan:

The Revanchist
Faction: Old Republic
Cost: 63
Hit Points: 130
Defense: 23
Attack: 16
Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack
Lightsaber Duelist
Mandalorian Hunter
Master Tactician
Twin Attack
Force Powers
Force 2
Force Renewal 1
Master of the Force 2
Lightsaber Defense
Force Push 2
Force Stun
Commander Effect
Each follower gains +4 Defense and +4 Attack as long as it has an enemy within 6 squares