RegisterDonateLogin

It's not Bloo Milk's fault!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Has anyone seen this site yet? Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:40:04 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/26/2009
Posts: 7,246
PatonPawic wrote:

Yeah, I always wondered why it's 120 HP instead of 12 and dropping the 0's off of the damage. The thing I wouldn't like about that is needing to come up with 5 damage chits for tracking damage.


As is, it makes it pretty difficult to mix up Hit Points with Atk/Def. I think that's a good feature.
PatonPawic
Posted: Saturday, December 16, 2017 10:42:23 AM
Rank: Caamasi Noble
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/4/2008
Posts: 5
FlyingArrow wrote:
PatonPawic wrote:

Yeah, I always wondered why it's 120 HP instead of 12 and dropping the 0's off of the damage. The thing I wouldn't like about that is needing to come up with 5 damage chits for tracking damage.


As is, it makes it pretty difficult to mix up Hit Points with Atk/Def. I think that's a good feature.


Oh yeah, that's a good point! I hadn't thought of that. I have a friend that I taught the game to recently and he kept getting confused with attack and damage, so I can only imagine how confused he would've been if they would've dropped the zeroes lol!
sinestro
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 2:18:33 PM
Rank: Ithorian Scout
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/13/2014
Posts: 6
Not to fault the effort of V-SET jedi council but it's left the game essentially unplayable for a new player. But caters more to the dogged few who remain, which is great. The power creep is also off the chart and trying to explain to a new player why Evan Piell exists is hard, or why 90% of the WotC uniques they pull out of a pack or buy at Gencon are unplayable is awkward. I was always in favor of just recosting the WotC figures until they reached some level of playability.

This Revamp site I think is splitting the difference which I don't like. Either rebuild the game from scratch and fix some of the core flaws, but use the WotC set lists to keep things simple for new players or go the direction here with V-SETs.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 2:51:37 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/26/2009
Posts: 7,246
For pure WotC, I'd go with just recosting things. Keeps it simpler. But probably 2 thirds of the WotC pieces should be recosted.
Caedus
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 4:51:33 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/20/2015
Posts: 755
sinestro wrote:
Not to fault the effort of V-SET jedi council but it's left the game essentially unplayable for a new player. But caters more to the dogged few who remain, which is great. The power creep is also off the chart and trying to explain to a new player why Evan Piell exists is hard, or why 90% of the WotC uniques they pull out of a pack or buy at Gencon are unplayable is awkward. I was always in favor of just recosting the WotC figures until they reached some level of playability.

This Revamp site I think is splitting the difference which I don't like. Either rebuild the game from scratch and fix some of the core flaws, but use the WotC set lists to keep things simple for new players or go the direction here with V-SETs.



Not true. I started 3 yrs ago. I think I do ok? Maybe not.
Zuty
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 1:45:31 PM
Rank: Clone Trooper
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/26/2008
Posts: 9
You're doing God's work PatonPawic.

~Zuty
jak
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2017 10:20:26 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2010
Posts: 3,388
Location: Beggers Canyon Tatooine
Zuty wrote:
You're doing God's work PatonPawic.

~Zuty


then God have very weird priorities.
"no time to cure cancer, have to guide PatonPaxic with his SWM agenda"-God
Zuty
Posted: Monday, January 1, 2018 5:27:41 AM
Rank: Clone Trooper
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/26/2008
Posts: 9
jak wrote:
then God have very weird priorities.
"no time to cure cancer, have to guide PatonPaxic with his SWM agenda"-God




He does work in mysterious ways...

~Zuty
shmi15
Posted: Monday, January 1, 2018 5:42:01 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 1,190
Zuty wrote:
jak wrote:
then God have very weird priorities.
"no time to cure cancer, have to guide PatonPaxic with his SWM agenda"-God




He does work in mysterious ways...

~Zuty




This..... Is...... Awesome....
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, January 1, 2018 5:43:11 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/3/2014
Posts: 1,691
Haha, brilliant!

TN play group made our own version a while back. It was a ton of fun and we took the liberty of changing a few of (what we considered) wotc problems.
When we were done designing the pieces we put them on bloomilk as "custom sets"
This makes it a lot easier to look at them and build squads and things.
On the search character section of bloomilk you can check which sets you want to see, so you can check only the wotc characters and search to build your squad with.

It also ours all the links to the pieces in one place where it is easier to see as well.

Just a thought.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Bloo Milk Theme Created by shinja
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net.
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.