RegisterDonateLogin

+1 on the GTL.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Booming Voice for Separatists and Rebels squads? Options
BZNintendo
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 5:45:46 AM
Groups: Member

Republic and Imperial squads have Mas Amedda which makes all commander effects have unlimited range but Im also a big fan of Separatists and Rebel squads and wanted to know if they have access to anything like booming voice from V-Sets?

If they don't, is there a balancing reason for it? I think its pretty unfair that other factions don't have access to something like this. Otherwise what would be an appropriate custom to make for these factions? Like making a Mas Amedda type figure for Separatists and Rebel factions? Any ideas are welcomed. :)
kobayashimaru
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 7:07:24 AM
Groups: Member

I think it was a balance thing, because each faction had 'one-trick pony' factors,
to prevent ' Negative Play Experience abusive metacombos..."

so, all squads can utilize mouse droids, which effectively does a similar thing.

I would like to see what customs you come up with though.

I'd like to see it be a mounted-weapon emplacement (that way, its vulnerable to ion and sets up anywhere on your half of the table)
it only grants a Mas Amedda style benefit while its above half health, "Fragile Equipment 40" or something,
and the only way to fix it is with repair hehe.
the overall cost should be a Penrose number two or three greater than Mas Amedda's cost,
so as not to replace the utility of Mas in those factions hehe.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 8:38:45 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

There is no Mas equivalent in Rebels or Separatists. There is Booming Voice for Sith (Darth Wyyrlock). There is much more Disruptive in Rebel and New Republic than any other faction. 16 characters have Disruptive:

Rebel: 6
New Republic: 5
Fringe: 3
Yuuzhan Vong: 1
Mandalorian: 1

Separatists' advantages include the greatest strafe pieces (WotC Lancer and Durge on Speeder) and absolutely overwhelming damage output potential (though not always with high enough attacks). Whorm's Twin Attack to all followers is still a Power-11 CE.