Programmed for etiquette and protocol.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Bobas Quadruple Desintegration Options
Boba52
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 4:10:27 AM
Groups: Member

Sithfan wrote:
Boba52 wrote:
Am I the only one reading this thinking the OP is saying I rolled my 1st attack 1st twin against a character, defeated them, and then used my 2nd twin 1st attack for ANOTHER target, rinse repeat, so on? Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Nope, he's saying that he got extra attack from the gonk and on the 1st init he rolled a 20 (end of 1st twin), and a 20 (end of 2nd twin). Then on the 2nd init he did the same.

That's some awesome luck there, and Happy Belated Birthday!

Ah I missed the 2nd inish part.Flapper
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 12:33:19 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
first activation, Boba gets extra attack from gonk droid( risky but worth it), shado Vao eats a nat 20. end of the 1st twin. second twin, Garm bel iblis eats some nat 20 aswell.
2nd inish, Boba double twin, 1st attack, NR scout partakes in the vaporizing. 2nd twin, adios Han NR Hero.
result? game.
fastest game i ever played.

What map was this and why would your opponent leave himself visible to a stationary Boba?

the map was mustafar, and my friend was swearing up and down that i would not roll any desintegrations because i hadnt in 2 weeks. he just came at me thinking that i wasnt going to pose a threat, because honestly, Fett was the only real threat on my team. i was also using Jensaari Defender, but he saw no action.
thanks for the wishings BTW....
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 12:36:45 PM

and the best part, after the 3rd desintegration, i knew in my bones i had the 4th one.
before i rolled, i stood up, shot the dice to game board, turned around, and my wife screamed. it was the best moment i had ever had playing this game.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 1:50:18 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

FlyingArrow wrote:

In either case, it's a remarkable occurrence (worth mentioning here), but is more common than one might expect. Boba having line of sight to 4 enemy characters in the first two rounds without moving is far more remarkable. I suspect either a rules misinterpretation (even with GMA, moving away from the Gonk Droid would negate the double), a blank map, or a co-operating opponent.

the map was mustafar, and my friend was swearing up and down that i would not roll any desintegrations because i hadnt in 2 weeks. he just came at me thinking that i wasnt going to pose a threat, because honestly, Fett was the only real threat on my team. i was also using Jensaari Defender, but he saw no action.

Ah - so it was a combination of an almost-blank map and a co-operating (or foolishly daring) opponent. Congrats - that's a great story. That's one you'll be re-telling for years. One of the reasons I like SWM is because it produces stories like that.
Darth Sarcasim
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 2:16:10 PM

Its law.. that if i roll a 2 the next attack is a 1.... always....
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 5:02:42 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

In either case, it's a remarkable occurrence (worth mentioning here), but is more common than one might expect. Boba having line of sight to 4 enemy characters in the first two rounds without moving is far more remarkable. I suspect either a rules misinterpretation (even with GMA, moving away from the Gonk Droid would negate the double), a blank map, or a co-operating opponent.

Ah - so it was a combination of an almost-blank map and a co-operating (or foolishly daring) opponent. Congrats - that's a great story. That's one you'll be re-telling for years. One of the reasons I like SWM is because it produces stories like that.

Foolishly daring. he wished me bad Kharma, and tried to strong arm. he sooooooo deserved it.
you shoulda seen his face, it was like his momma took away his puppy.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 5:45:53 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

That is completely awesome Bomb Bomb Bomb Bomb

On the flipside, I faced Boba BH and company several hours ago with Throne Palps and Vader Unleashed. He must have had 20 rolls with all those twins and couldn't muster up a single D. Vader gripped him to death after finishing off his support. Such an undignified death for the game's premier head-hunter Razz
sharron
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 9:53:57 PM

kfc's waiting for you wrote:
playing D&D many years ago, a mate rolled seven 1s in a row on a d20

that wasnt dan by any chance was it? lololol
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:52:59 AM

swinefeld wrote:
That is completely awesome Bomb Bomb Bomb Bomb

On the flipside, I faced Boba BH and company several hours ago with Throne Palps and Vader Unleashed. He must have had rolls with all those twins and couldn't muster up a single D. Vader gripped him to death after finishing off his support. Such an undignified death for the game's premier head-hunter Razz

thats a great combo of vader and Palps throne. ive been using Jedi hunter and throne, and its been flat.
i used Cade BH last against Boba BH, and every time i Double twinned, he would evade. i mustve had 12 rolls against him, and probably rolled 6 1s.
cade had force renewal, (thanks to GMLSs CE). i had just healed Cade for 40 damage, and was in position for the next inish to heal GM Luke.
and like clock work, boba (at full Friggin Health in the 5th Inish) takes a pot shot at cade, misses!! (rolls a 1) YAAAAAAYY!! 2nd att off twin?! DEsInTeGrAtE.
needless to say, Gm Luke needed to be healed, and died a death i wouldnt wish on a gundark with rabies
Jester007
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 6:00:09 AM

My gamming group had something like that happen. From then on, whenever someone would roll consecutive natural 20's in a row, we would start saying the forever familiar quote:

"Klatu... Verada.... Nikto!!"

Sincerely,
Jester007
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 6:06:16 AM

LMAO..
Good Call.....
i think the Devil got his due from me last night.
it was BAD.