RegisterDonateLogin

Tastes best fresh from the Bantha.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Quoted from Wookiepedia Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 6:24:46 PM
Groups: Member

But Shmi all that stuff I posted! Hahaha. Seriously though he trained Darth Vader to fly. And fought pirates. And his piece is a survival piece, not a massive damage dealer. If Ric Olie does one thing well in the movie, it's not die hahaha. Managed to not get killed when plenty of other Security forces did during the evasion, survive breaking a blockade twice (and while R2 fixing the shield helped, his flying also contributed) and survived a crazy massive swarm of Vulture Droids when plenty of other pilots died. And the ones that did survive as well were trained by him. This piece is pretty darn bang on. And don't forget R2-A6!
juice man
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 6:40:18 PM

swinefeld wrote:
Same as it ever was. (these debates) Smile
ThumbsUp
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 6:54:16 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
But Shmi all that stuff I posted! Hahaha. Seriously though he trained Darth Vader to fly. And fought pirates. And his piece is a survival piece, not a massive damage dealer. If Ric Olie does one thing well in the movie, it's not die hahaha. Managed to not get killed when plenty of other Security forces did during the evasion, survive breaking a blockade twice (and while R2 fixing the shield helped, his flying also contributed) and survived a crazy massive swarm of Vulture Droids when plenty of other pilots died. And the ones that did survive as well were trained by him. This piece is pretty darn bang on. And don't forget R2-A6!

Watch his first blockade run, he drives.... straight. And what did he teach Anakin? I keep hearing he taught him, but I don't recall any lesson anywhere? I remember a scene that lasted 7-10 seconds, where he says " this does this" and then Anakin saying I bet this does this, and Ric, being Ric, states the obvious with a " You catch on pretty quick." Did Ric Olie teach Anakin to Podrace also? And... If my memory serves me right... In the fight doesn't Anakin say this alot. " What does this do" I'll try this" and, my favorite one " This is Pod Racing" It seems to me Pod Racing had more to do with Anakin being a pilot.. Or, ya know, something called the Force. Not Ric F'in Olie.

I appreciate you trying to find something, but look at what your saying. He survived a fight, and so did his underlings so this character is spot on. What does that even mean?

shmi15
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 6:56:55 PM

juice man wrote:
swinefeld wrote:
ThumbsUp

With us showing you how terrible some pieces you create are while you have no excuse or reason why you made the piece the way it is? I also find this funny Juiceman.

Did you ever find anything for me? Or did you give up the search because you have nothing at all?
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 7:12:17 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

shmi15 wrote:
juice man wrote:
swinefeld wrote:
ThumbsUp

With us showing you how terrible some pieces you create are while you have no excuse or reason why you made the piece the way it is? I also find this funny Juiceman.

Did you ever find anything for me? Or did you give up the search because you have nothing at all?

You're quoting both me and Juice. Who is this question directed to? Neither of us are designers. Confused
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 7:37:26 PM

swinefeld wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
juice man wrote:
swinefeld wrote:
ThumbsUp

You're quoting both me and Juice. Who is this question directed to? Neither of us are designers. Confused

Juice, sorry, earlier he tried defending the piece. And I challenged him to find something to back his argument. And he left the discussion afterwards. I just quoted his most recent smirk and it just happened to be one he was replying to you with is all. I just found it funny he found time to laugh, but no time to back his PoV.

I did use your words, as far as "Same as it ever was" ( these debates) But my remark was specifically for OJ.
Naarkon
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 7:41:08 PM

I really don't understand why these are the kind of things that get picked apart on new pieces. If there is a power problem, then let's talk about it, but last time I checked, there were no cover bonuses or D20 rolls in the star wars movies, but people seem to be fine with them in the game. Lightsabers should instantly kill with one hit, Jedi masters should have defense values of 40+, adult Boba shouldn't be able to be in a squad with adult Jango. It's a game, it's full of abstractions for the sake of the game.
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 7:51:46 PM

shmi15 wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

Watch his first blockade run, he drives.... straight. And what did he teach Anakin? I keep hearing he taught him, but I don't recall any lesson anywhere? I remember a scene that lasted 7-10 seconds, where he says " this does this" and then Anakin saying I bet this does this, and Ric, being Ric, states the obvious with a " You catch on pretty quick." Did Ric Olie teach Anakin to Podrace also? And... If my memory serves me right... In the fight doesn't Anakin say this alot. " What does this do" I'll try this" and, my favorite one " This is Pod Racing" It seems to me Pod Racing had more to do with Anakin being a pilot.. Or, ya know, something called the Force. Not Ric F'in Olie.

I appreciate you trying to find something, but look at what your saying. He survived a fight, and so did his underlings so this character is spot on. What does that even mean?

Yeah but Han's "knowing a few maneuvers" is also flying straight hahaha. As a matter of fact Han doesn't actually do any impressive flying (shows up suprsingly) but mostly he's just fixing his falling apart ship and Chewie does most of the flying. Anyways I digress I gave you a ton of small examples, he's a major named pilot who does have some credence for his SWM representation based on position, Lore and some movie scenes. And in my opinion waaayyy more accurate than a lot of both VSET and WOTC pieces.

You also haven't commented on his R2 unit yet and the fact that that alone is probably what represents most of the piece (R2-D2s brother!) but I understand if you really don't want to like it. No skin off my back I probably won't bring him ever haha. I also really hate Wuher, Unkar and Buzz Droids and really though they dropped the ball there, so sometimes pieces don't sit right with us.

But don't let it get you down and just enjoy all of the awesome pieces that came out this set. Grievous with DL, General a Kalani, new Dooku, new huge, new battle droid! So much epic Seps love. Anyways strength and honor and may the Force be with you!
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 8:05:24 PM

Yes inaccuracy exists all over this game. But some things can be stopped. Especially with 30 pieces coming out in a set made my the community. And the only examples you gave... Were he had credentials.... His credentials were... He was Queen Amidala's Limo driver, and he was head of the Naboo N-1 Fighters. And, as a counter to those, I reminded you that him, and all the people he trained, were arrested, and captured, by the CIS, without a fight. And were freed, by Jedi, who then told him what to do. And while surviving the battle over Naboo, that is literally the only thing he accomplished during that battle. The. Only. Thing.

And I do think this guy is a Power Creep along with a complete inaccuracy. All Pilots from this point on in Republic have GMA. And any new Anakin will gain Pilot with it. I can deal with inaccuracy as long as it doesn't affect the game. This guy may not do it this regional, although I think Naboo Pilots are playable again with him, but he will be a hindrance in design, for both Republic Pilots, and any new Republic Anakin. And he is extremely strong, this is the piece from this set that I think will be the biggest issue.

Yes, I think the new Grievous is the BEST piece in this set, hands down. But for 45 points, I think he is well worth his cost and well worth it given his extensive backstory and history.

And I'm not sure what your saying about him and his droid? I didn't even want to get into the fact that this character has a droid with him, and the droid is not represented whatsoever in the piece.
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 8:34:17 PM

Yes granting Anakin gma is powerful stuff since we need a good stand alone Anakin fighter.
I guess that forces the Anakin to have built in gma. Which for thematically either way, but does have that caveat of design hurdles.
It will be the same for future republic pilots as well.

At the same time the game has to go somewhere. I think this set did a great job of letting melee shine a bit more. Vader, vodo, vitiate. With dooku, plo, and kol possibly finding a place as well. I think OR is building a handful of great melee options and when it all fits together it should make for some very interesting gameplay. I have yet to find the tier 1 option but i like the way it is going. Pendulum is not swinging too far. Eventually, with enough good pieces, we should see the potential for different builds.

I think we need to find dookus pilot and give him evade haha.
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 8:36:45 PM

Just give Dooku Pilot. I'm sure at some point he piloted a Ship. Thats all we really need to give someone a SA. Some sort of reason that makes a little sense.
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 8:38:24 PM

Hahaha that's awesome I just said we should give dooku evade and you said pilot.. hahahaha
Where dooku' pilot trainer?
urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 9:49:16 PM

Ric Olie actually doesn't do much for the naboo squads.

Assuming you are using a klat captain (for the speed 8 and the evade), the twilek BSV is better.

Now, where he DOES come into play, is in a squad with Plo or Ani that can now get GMA where they couldn't before. Although Plo wants Troopers (either for death shot or wolfpack) and there aren't really any great Anakins to give pilot to.

juice man
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 4:38:37 AM

shmi15 wrote:
swinefeld wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
juice man wrote:
swinefeld wrote:
ThumbsUp

Juice, sorry, earlier he tried defending the piece. And I challenged him to find something to back his argument. And he left the discussion afterwards. I just quoted his most recent smirk and it just happened to be one he was replying to you with is all. I just found it funny he found time to laugh, but no time to back his PoV.

I did use your words, as far as "Same as it ever was" ( these debates) But my remark was specifically for OJ.
"Defend the piece" - "back my point of view".

Comprehension isn't high on your list is it?