I'll try stirring, that's a good trick.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Winning with carbonite Options
chernan83
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 5:17:06 AM
Groups: Member

Here's what I would like to know.

Do you enjoy playing with Han in Carbo?

What's your strategy playing against him? (just leave someone behind to watch him?)

Do you have any good strategies for winning while playing with him?
Eroschilles
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 6:05:15 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I haven't played with han in carbonite, but when playing against some one who is using him, i try to create a guantlent that my oppenent would have to run through to get him out. Till then, they will be down in point values.

Possibly as a way to get him out is to run up a force ghost and a diplomat or something to get by all those people to get han out.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 6:37:52 AM

Eroschilles wrote:
I haven't played with han in carbonite, but when playing against some one who is using him, i try to create a guantlent that my oppenent would have to run through to get him out. Till then, they will be down in point values.

Possibly as a way to get him out is to run up a force ghost and a diplomat or something to get by all those people to get han out.

Those are good examples of tactics from both sides. The Diplomat/Ghost trick is pretty cool, but probably hard to pull off all the way across the map.

IMO, your best bet would be to use a high movement piece like a snowspeeder (or the landspeeder), swoop bike etc. Hopefully you are playing on a map where Han isn't stuck in a locked room, or you will need Override as well.
Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 10:17:12 AM

what is this diplomat/ghost trick you speak of?
defender390
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 10:29:35 AM

Essentially, you use a character that will not normally be attacked to free Han. I would suggest the ghost. Most people can angle their figures so they can attack diplomats.
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 12:04:12 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I do need to try Han in Carbonite out again with Leia, Diplomat, Ghost Obi, and Han Smuggler. Pity Rebels don't have access to Force Phase.
crapface
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:17:15 AM

the biggest problem i see with han in carbonite is while you are spending your time trying to get at han, your opponent is owning your team that started the skirmish down in points.

he would have been a lot better if your opponent had to place him within "X" from the center of the map.
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:27:34 AM

defender390 wrote:
Essentially, you use a character that will not normally be attacked to free Han. I would suggest the ghost. Most people can angle their figures so they can attack diplomats.

Ghost by itself does not work to free Han - it is never considered adjacent. But your enemy can draw LOS to it (which is why a Diplomat works with it - can't target Diplomat while a non-Diplomat is in LOS. Can't shoot the ghost either. BigGrin

BUT, they will position their characters to only see the diplomat if they know what they are doing, which is why that trick is very hard to pull off Sad
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:29:52 AM

crapface wrote:
the biggest problem i see with han in carbonite is while you are spending your time trying to get at han, your opponent is owning your team that started the skirmish down in points.

he would have been a lot better if your opponent had to place him within "X" from the center of the map.

Yep. It is a great piece for custom format/scenario play though.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:42:29 AM

swinefeld wrote:
crapface wrote:

Yep. It is a great piece for custom format/scenario play though.

thats about all that piece is good for.
defender390
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:54:08 AM

swinefeld wrote:
defender390 wrote:

Ghost by itself does not work to free Han - it is never considered adjacent. But your enemy can draw LOS to it (which is why a Diplomat works with it - can't target Diplomat while a non-Diplomat is in LOS. Can't shoot the ghost either. BigGrin

BUT, they will position their characters to only see the diplomat if they know what they are doing, which is why that trick is very hard to pull off Sad

Yeah, I forgot that ghosts do not count as adjacent. Makes this much harder to pull off. I would call it a scenario only piece.