RegisterDonateLogin

Takes the Twin off the Flurry off the Twin and still has the Double left.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Random Custom Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 7:40:34 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Here is your challenge. Take 5 random abilities/CEs and put them on a character. Then come up with a name and faction for that charcter. Plus a background that tries (possibly in vain) to make sense of it all.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 8:06:32 AM
Groups: Member

Let's see....

Selecting "Special Abilities" from the Glossary 5 times gave me these abilities.

Wookiee
Trooper (Sandtrooper)
Synergy (+4/+4 Force Users)
Keshiri
Dark Armor

These strange hybrid beings never could find their place often ridiculed for their "lineage". Truth is they where experimented on in an Imperial Research facility bent on creating a super soldier of sorts. Unlike the clones these beings were not so easy to control and they rioted fleeing the facility with their own personalized Sandtrooper armor modeled after that of Darth Vader himself. Now they fight along side the Jedi of the New Republic, often times at the front lines taking the pressure off their squishier Jedi compatriots.

*fixed* since it's not "unique"

Edit: Stat-Block

Escaped Imperial Experiment W-K Project
New Republic
24 pts
HP: 80
Def: 16
Atk: +8
Dam: 20

Wookiee
Keshiri
Trooper (Sandtrooper)
Melee Attack
Synergy +4 (+4 Attack and +4 Defense while an allied character with a Force rating is within 6 squares)
Dark Armor (Whenever this character takes damage, it reduces the damage dealt by 10 with a save of 11. Attacks with lightsabers ignore this special ability)

"Aren't you a lot tall for a Sandtrooper?" - Everyone
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 8:08:16 AM

Here's what I pulled (in order):

Hologram [Ignores all terrain. Cannot open doors. Cannot attack or be damaged, and does not count as a legal target. Does not provide cover. This character is defeated if it activates when no Trooper ally is within 2 squares.]

Unique [Counts as a character named Luke]

Synergy +2 [+2 Attack and +2 Defense while an ally named The Inquisitor, Jedi Hunter is within 6 squares]

Destiny of the Force [Force 2, replaces attacks: For the rest of the skirmish, this character gains the following Force Ability: This character and allies may reroll each missed attack once against enemies within 6 squares of this character, except on a roll of 1]

Commander Effect:
Savage characters are subject to this effect: Followers with Savage gain Indiscriminate and Overwhelming Power.

This will take some thought...

===
EDIT 1, EDIT 2:
Well, the abilities pretty much name the character. Hologram and Synergy contradict one another because Hologram implies no HP, Attack, or Damage. So I'm going to switch the Synergy so that it's a reverse-synergy.

Quote:

Luke Skywalker, Hologram
Cost: 8
Faction: Rebel

HP: --
Def: --
Atk: --
Dmg: --

Unique [Counts as a character named Luke]

Affinity [A character named The Inquisitor, Jedi Hunter may be in your squad regardless of faction]

Hologram [Ignores all terrain. Cannot open doors. Cannot attack or be damaged, and does not count as a legal target. Does not provide cover. This character is defeated if it activates when no Trooper ally is within 2 squares.]

Synergy +2 [An ally named The Inquisitor, Jedi Hunter gets +2 Attack and +2 Defense while within 6 squares]

Force Powers
Force 2
Destiny of the Force [Force 2, replaces attacks: For the rest of the skirmish, this character gains the following Force Ability: This character and allies may reroll each missed attack once against enemies within 6 squares of this character, except on a roll of 1]

Commander Effect:
Savage characters are subject to this effect: Followers with Savage gain Indiscriminate and Overwhelming Power.

Now added faction and cost. Also added Affinity (to make sense of the Synergy) and Force 2. All that's left is the backstory to explain all this...

===
EDIT 3

In the year following the Battle of Yavin, the Rebels were on the run. Young Luke, however, found an unexpected ally. Luke had never even heard of The Grand Inquisitor, who was presumed dead. But in fact he was alive and in hiding, growing to hate the Empire. After the Battle of Yavin, The Inquisitor sought out young Skywalker and happened to come upon him just in time to save him from an Imperial ambush. The Inquisitor offered his services to the Rebellion, but he was unwilling to come out of the shadows.

"I'm not coming with you but now you know how to find me. If I can help defeat the Empire, I will."

A few short months later, Rebellion broke out on the planet where the Inquisitor was hiding. Imperial forces were overwhelming a small Rebel force when the the Grand Inquisitor waltzed straight into the Rebel headquarters. As Rebel blaster bolts flew at him, he deflected them into walls with ease.

"Fools! I'm here to help you."

But the blaster bolts continued to fly. The Inquistor reached out in the Force and choked the apparent commander as he continued to deflect blaster bolts.

"Tell them to stop and open a channel to Luke Skywalker," the Inquisitor snarled.

The commander did so and a hologram of Luke Skywalker appeared. In a rather awkward conversation, Luke managed to smooth things over between the Rebels and the Grand Inquisitor.

Luke's hologram spoke as everyone listened. "He saved my life when we fought our way out of that jam on Ord Mantell. And if he hasn't killed any of you yet, you can trust he's on your side. I know you're outnumbered, but he can help, and he can reach out in the Force to call the jag-bears in the woods around you to also fight on your side. You guys are going to win this fight. It's your destiny."

===
The cost is really low because it's Luke. To put him in you give up the chance to add one of the more powerful Lukes. If it weren't Luke, the cost would probably be 12+ just for the CE and Destiny of the Force. You do have to "babysit" him with a trooper, which pulls the cost down, too.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 8:40:42 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
*fixed* since it's not "unique"

You might have to take some liberties to make sense of things. I added Affinity and Force 2 and reversed the Synergy to make sense of mine. Adding or removing Unique/Melee Attack/etc would also make sense. Considering that Melee and Unique are so common it might make sense to just have those be a coin flip instead of tossing them in with all the other abilities.

By the way, your Wookiee-Keshiri cross-bred clones breaking out of an Imperial cloning facility in Force-imbued sandtrooper armor... awesome. You should name it, give it a cost and base stats so it's a full stat block.
blemelisk
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 8:47:47 AM

ohhhh i like this!

So these are the results:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28029/wing-commander

Not exactly the commander affect that one might want, for specific Pilots, but the rest do kinda work out. FSM makes sense as he could easily direct fighters above to hit spec targets (as a wing commander i dont see why he couldnt do that). With all the trooper SAs the last one kinda help make it all work out. It helps pilots and makes them count as troopers as well, but standard troopers also get buffs. Logical if a WC was on the ground he would have (or would hope to have) trooper backup.

I put him in Rebels as the Rebellion's greatest strength (besides its ability to hide) were their fighters and their pilots, thus they should also have great Wing Commanders. This would just be one example (likely would be a unique example of some unique not yet named wing commander). Though I could easily see this character fit in Republic (with or without Order 66, Admirals werent clones, not all Wing Commanders would be either, though many likely would have been Jedi), Old Republic, Imperial, and even Sith. Would be a stretch to put him/her in Vong or Mandos, and it wouldnt fit at all (in my opinion) with seps. Fringe....maybe? But the fringe faction represents a large number of subfactions, so it could be tied to one of them. I choose Rebels for the obvious above reason.

Method: rolled dice for the page of abilities (37 pages, for my views) then rolled diced for line number of SA(50 per page), choosing within 5 of that line number. (else i could have gotten Force SAs, and counter force abilities, with no Force). Pricing I made FSM cost like....5 or so points, and 3 points for each other one, since FSM is rather powerful. Then rounded point costed the stat block to come to 30. 30 might be a bit high or low, but is likely somewhat close Id hope. Smile
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 9:22:03 AM

Ok, First Day of Summer Vacation and I see this. Sure why not.

How I picked abilities. I never roll a 20 (what else is new.) So I looked at my costing calculator, counted 20 abilities down. Then 40 abilities down, then 80 ... ran out of abilities so invented one, and created a CE to tie things together ... and her she is;

She's not as cheap as I'd like, but four abilities and a CE = "it is what it is." My flavor text explains where she got the forbidden tech. Just like in Force Awakens, lots of junk out there and Fringers would be the ones to find it.

Cheers,

surf
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 1:04:06 PM

This would have been a great CCC! Got to get you in on those Flying. Using refreshing the special abilities page I got:

Clone Trooper Rapport Order 66 -1
Gauntlet Knife +20
Counterstrike
Advantageous Attack
Shut Them All Down

Man I was so close to a natural great randomly generated soldier, but that last one had to make me include R2 somehow.

And so I put togetjer this guy:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28030/coruscant-counter-terrorism-trooper

Coruscant Counter-Terrorism Trooper
Hit Points: 50
Defense: 17
Attack: 8
Damage: 10
Special Abilities
Rapport (Characters with Order 66 cost 1 less when in the same squad as this character)
Gauntlet Knife +20 (+20 Damage to 1 adjacent target; this counts as a melee attack)
Advantageous Attack (+10 Damage against an enemy who has not activated this round)
Counterattack (Whenever this character is hit by a melee attack, make a save of 11. On a success, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker.)
Shut Them All Down (When an ally whose name contains R2-D2 ends his turn adjacent to this character, you may cancel all abilities designating doors as temporarily open or closed)

The backstory is:

After General Grievous's devastating attack using the Demoltion Droids, Padme loaned out R2-D2 for his hacking prowess to assist the Clone Counter-Terrorism unit in locating the cells that enabled this attack. Clone Counter-Terror units were known to requisition and draw upon local clone trooper forces to augment their limited specialized numbers. And due to undercover work they were often armed only with blaster pistols and gauntlet knives, though were masters at ambushing unsuspecting terror cells.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 5:39:57 PM

Anyone else?
CorellianComedian
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 8:51:36 PM

Hahaha FAIL!

I got:
Rapport (Defels cost -1)
Rapport (-1 with Hondo)
Protective +20 (Xizor, Alexi Garyn, Vigo)
Advantageous Cover
Rival (other Mandalores)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28033/othar-vul

Othar Vul 27 points
HP: 80
Def: 16
Atk: +9
Dmg: 20

Unique
Mandalorian
Double Attack
Protective +20 (+20 Damage while a wounded ally whose name contains Xizor, Alexi Garyn, or Vigo is within 6 squares)
Blast Cannon (+10 Damage against targets within 6 squares)
Advantageous Cover (+8 Defense from cover instead of +4)
Rapport (A character whose name contains Defel costs 1 less when in the same squad as this character)
Rapport (Costs 1 less when in the same squad as a character whose name contains Hondo Ohnaka)
Rival (This character cannot be in a squad that contains any other Unique character whose name contains Mandalore)

Commander Effect
Non-Unique Black Sun, Hutt Cartel, Pirate, Smuggler, Mandalorian, Defel, and Bounty Hunter characters in your squad gain Gang +1. Whenever a Fringe ally is defeated, a non-Unique Fringe follower can move up to its speed.

So, to explain this...
Othar Vul knew he was destined to become Mandalore. He had his whole life planned out ahead of him: he would rally the Mandalorian clans to his cause, just like the Mandalores in the days of the Old Republic. The weak Republic would be nothing before the mighty warrior race! The galaxy was ripe for conquest, and it would be he, Othar Vul, who-

What? Oh, the other Mandalorians could hardly care less. Except for a few crazed exiles, the Mandalorians were satisfied with the pacifist government that had formed around them.

Disgusted at the clan leaders' refusal to even take him seriously, Othar Vul set out to gather his own army. He found an army much more willing, but much less capable, in the undercity of... just about every planet. Othar Vul plumbed the criminal depths of every planet he had enough fuel to get to, cobbling together a patchwork crime army of thugs and ne'er-do-wells. He even obtained a business relationship with the legendary Hondo Ohnaka - who, Vul's men would never say it out loud, only patronized him because he was amused by his incompetent warmongering.

But as far as Othar Vul was concerned, he was achieving his life's dream: to work with the greatest military minds in the galaxy, forging alliances and armies to lay waste to any who dare stand in his way.

Mos Espa's Womp Rat population would take years to recover.
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 9:00:22 PM

^ LOL CC, that was quite entertaining. Nice job rolling with a pile of random. BlooMilk
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 9:24:43 PM

Excellent!

Making up a story to fit stats is fun.
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 9:58:18 PM

1. Shamed One
2. Pacifism
3. Rapport (Vornskr -7)
4. Wall Climber
5. We won't be seeing him again

I made

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28038/vong-geneticist

Shamed ones only had a few paths open to them in Yuuzhan Vong society. Geneticists happens to be one. Yuuzhan Vong that fail to desire for themselves the become better through the sacrifice of their own skin and body are shamed and not welcome to be part of the group as others are. Geneticists spend more time where their animals than with other Vong. Some of these geneticists even fail to remember how to fight and rely on bugs. They start to take on the characteristics of the animals they are working on. Turning vorsnkr into Voxyn is helpful, but without honor.

It is hard to come up with background for non-uniques
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 11:01:00 PM

1. Rapport (Non-Unique Wookiees cost 1 less when in the same squad as this character)
2. Resilient (Immune to critical hits)
3. Bombad Gungan (Whenever an enemy targets him, this character must attempt a save of 11. On a success, the attack is redirected to another character of your choice within 6 squares. If no other character is within 6 squares, the attack is negated.)
4. Prideful (While this character has a higher printed cost than any other character in your squad, Army of Light allies with a Damage value greater than 0 get +4 Attack and +10 Damage until this character is defeated)
5. Overload (Can use 2 abilities that replace attacks instead of 1 on its turn)

Wow, this will take some careful planning.

spryguy1981
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2017 5:02:31 AM

Clan Free Taa Entertainer (Republic)

Cost: 30
Hit Points: 100
Defense: 18
Attack: 10
Damage: 20

Special Abilities
Grenades 20 (Replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage to target and to each character adjacent to that target; save 11)

Long Shot 10 (+4 Attack and +10 Damage when this character is at half Hit Points or less)

Negotiation (Replaces attacks: Choose 1 enemy and 1 unactivated follower who costs at least 10 more than that enemy and has a Damage value greater than 0. Until the end of the round, neither chosen character can target a character, make attacks, or deal damage.)

Republic Reserves 20 (If you roll 20 for initiative, you can add up to 20 points of Republic characters to your squad immediately before your first activation of the round)

Throw Enemy 2 (Replaces attacks: touch; 30 damage to 2 target Medium or smaller enemies without a Force rating, and push those enemies to 4 squares from this character; save 16)

The backstory:
Due to their corpulent size, and the dislike of Senator Orn Free Taa, often times members of clan Free Taa made great targets for bullying from the rest of the Twi'lek race. This particular individual though eventually grew tired of it and one day he decided to do something about the bullying. For years he had heard the heartwrenching statement, get out of my way fat @$$ coming from many individuals, and one day in the midst of a crowded cantina filled with smugglers and other criminal types he went ballistic. He threw grenades at many of the tables and created a large series of explosions. These bullies were thrown all over the place by the explosions and the ones who regained their bearings began shooting at the corpulent Twi'lek. He began to take some serious hits, but inside of him a new fire was lit. No longer the longshot, this Twi'lek started picking up the ones who had made it through the explosions and throwing them into the wall like rag dolls.

Having been radioed to the disturbance, a group of Republic Clone Troopers came rushing to the cantina to reinforce this mad Twi'lek who had been cleaning up what had been pegged as a Separatist Cell who had been planning to incite chaos into the Republic capital of Coruscant. He was applauded by the Clone Troopers who then made him an honorary member of their unit and was told to call them anytime he needed backup.

Meanwhile, sitting out of the range of the chaos was a man by the name of Helmsley H. Hurst who was a talent scout for the Galactic Wrestling Federation. Thoroughly impressed by this Twi'lek, HHH as he was called offered him a job as a professional wrestler. Using his clan's gifts for Negotiationing, this Twi'lek negotiated himself into a very high paying contract that even took money out of the pockets of the other wrestlers to pay him.

Now, this once bullied Twi'lek had a lucrative deal with the GWF, and even was known to call in his Clone buddies for a show once in a while. He has become the greatest hardcore champion in history, and has been known to often times use his grenades in a match to disorient the opponent so he can throw them around. He embraced the name he had been called all of these years and now was known in all circles as The Free Taa Fat@$$, and he lived happily ever after.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 12:46:36 PM

urbanjedi wrote:
1. Rapport (Non-Unique Wookiees cost 1 less when in the same squad as this character)
3. Bombad Gungan (Whenever an enemy targets him, this character must attempt a save of 11. On a success, the attack is redirected to another character of your choice within 6 squares. If no other character is within 6 squares, the attack is negated.)
4. Prideful (While this character has a higher printed cost than any other character in your squad, Army of Light allies with a Damage value greater than 0 get +4 Attack and +10 Damage until this character is defeated)

Incomplete...
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 1:10:13 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
urbanjedi wrote:

Incomplete...

Bombad General of the Old Republic:
Cost 40
Hp: 70
Def: 17
Atk: 9
Dam: 20

Melee Attack
Rapport (Non-Unique Wookiees cost 1 less when in the same squad as this character)
Resilient (Immune to critical hits)
Bombad Gungan (Whenever an enemy targets him, this character must attempt a save of 11. On a success, the attack is redirected to another character of your choice within 6 squares. If no other character is within 6 squares, the attack is negated.)
Prideful (While this character has a higher printed cost than any other character in your squad, Army of Light allies with a Damage value greater than 0 get +4 Attack and +10 Damage until this character is defeated)
Overload (Can use 2 abilities that replace attacks instead of 1 on its turn)
Grenades 20

â—¾Bombad- The word for "superior" or "superb" in Gungan Basic. This general was a master of leading various types of troops all over the galaxy for the old republic. He specialized in leading wookies and the army of light in dangerous missions where the presence of a well known jedi would be a cause for concern or political repercussions. He was trusted with these missions due to his proven success rate and loyalty to the old republic.