RegisterDonateLogin

Everything is under control. Situation normal.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

I'm about out of ****'s to give Options
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 11:44:41 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Disagreements and 'flame wars' have been a part of SWM forums for time eternal since the game started.

I let a lot of arguments run their course on the forums, because I'm not into censorship (for example, it's not that hard to avoid overtly cussing, see thread title), and sometimes the discussions end up being fruitful.

Some folks jab at people in the forums, but some try to use character comments (official or custom) to throw barbs at specific members. Or just make customs, to make fun of or otherwise denigrate other members.

I'll just say this: Don't do that, and don't pile supportive (denigrating) comments on anything like that.

If you do, you will be treated equally to the member that started it, from now on.

The time I spend reading over all the petty personal jab squabbling, I could be working on squad builder stuff, glossary, or something else useful, like monitoring v-set design, updating Map Explorer etc.

I'm about done babysitting this place. Shinja invested a lot of trust in me way back when things were worse than they are now, and even more trust since then (ability to directly add sets etc). I'm not sure he would just hand that off to someone else easily.

Be civil, always, please. BlooMilk

jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, February 4, 2018 4:45:15 AM
Groups: Member

You know, I tried really hard to be civil and overall I think I was successful. But man, it is super difficult since there are no other means for the community to combat the misuse of power and agendas.
I mean gg did it the super nice way and got nothing for it, you know?
I am not trying to make a martyr or anything. Some people are being utterly abusive in their power and it is just infuriating to have to deal with it.
And than they post smarmy remarks because they know that they have the power and can do things with it.
Or there is a pacifying remark from someone who started the whole thing. I firmly believe that these things have to be called out, especially when the people deny doing them

I guess my point is that I do not trust some of the people in leadership positions and I don't think a lot of the community trusts people in powerful positions but just might not want to say it.
It comes down to the question: what do you do about power abuse?

If people still don't see the need for a leadership committee than whatever at the very least Balance committee members and designers should not just be an elite decision because a lot of them do not have my trust. They should be voted on by the community and the people that they would represent