RegisterDonateLogin

Dark Lord of the Fridge.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Vote for next week's contest theme!
Choice Votes Statistics
Officers of the Empire 9 47.368421 %
Heroes of Yavin IV 6 31.578947 %
The Confederate Council 4 21.052631 %

Ultimate Star Wars Miniatures Custom Stats Competition Round 2: The Galactic Senate Options
Darth Mavoc
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 4:21:46 PM
Groups: Member

Welcome to the Ultimate Star Wars Miniatures Custom Stats Competition!

Round 2: The Galactic Senate

I would like to welcome everyone to the second official round of the Ultimate Star Wars Miniatures Custom Stats Competition. I hope that this competition will compel the creative crop of this community to pit there ideas against each other in order to win the Ultimate Star Wars Miniatures Custom Competition.

1. Each participant may enter up to 4 characters in the Ultimate Star Wars Miniatures Custom Stats Competition. These characters must relate to the theme of the week or they will not be judged. Only if the Bonus is in effect may each participant enter in more than 4 characters (and only to the limit specified by the Bonus)

2. You will have exactly one week to post your entries. At 4:00 PM Australian Eastern Standard Time, each round will close for the judging phase. The winners for that round will be announced the same day. No entry will be accepted after 4:00 PM AEST unless specified by myself.

3. You are allowed to edit your entries as many times as you wish before the judging phase. If you edit your characters during the judging phase, your entries will be disqualified.

4. Your characters will be judged on: a). their relevance to Star Wars, b). the balance that they maintain, and c). the creativeness of the character. The Ultimate Star Wars Miniatures Custom Stats Competiton has only two official judge at this time: Darth Mavoc and Uggie Demo.

5. Each round will have a poll with three options. These options are topics for the next round. At the end of the judging phase, the topic with the most votes will be the theme for the following round.

6. This is a civil forum. We are a civilized people. Please keep your blasters holstered and all inflammatory remarks to yourself. Failure to do so may end up in point deduction or disqualification for a round.

Point System and Ways to Win

Each round contains a total of four ways to win. I will specify two specific characters in the opening post of each round. These characters are optional and you may wish to not make them. However, the people who do enter these characters will have their entries judged and will earn points should they win.

The winner of each category judged will receive three points; the runner-up will receive 2 points. Everyone who does not win but participates in the round will receive 1 point. As of now, there is no set point total to win. However, I will say that the first person to reach 77 points (or higher) might receive something special.

This Week's Round

This week's round is titled The Galactic Senate. Your job is to make characters related to the Galactic Senate. Good luck, and may the Force be with you!

This Week's Bonus!

Some rounds of the Ultimate Star Wars Dream Card Competition will have a bonus in which participants may earn extra points. This week's bonus will be done in a different way. Instead of creating an extra character, the way to earn bonus points this round is to have your card feature the ability that I am thinking of. This ability can boost damage. Anybody who has this ability will receive 3 points.

This Week's Ways to Win

1. Best Trade Federation Representative
2. Best Senator Palpatine
3. Best use of Diplomat
4. Best use of Internal Strife

Scoreboard:

Sithfan: 15
defender390: 10
Gemini1179: 10
Monni316: 3
shinja: 3
chewbrocoli: 2
Doogle126: 2
Loda: 2
Volvagia14: 2
Shadowdragon: 1
defender390
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 6:04:24 AM

Here are my entries:

Trade Federation Representative
Faction: Separatist
Cost: 8
Hit Points: 30
Defense: 15
Attack: 0
Damage: 0
Special Abilities
Diplomat
Filibuster (Replaces attacks: An opponent may activate only 1 character in each phase for the remainder of the round)

Senator Palpatine
Faction: Republic
Cost: 28
Hit Points: 50
Defense: 18
Attack: 10
Damage: 20
Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack
Betrayal
Cunning Attack +20
Diplomat
Grand Scheme (This character cannot attack until it has taken damage from an enemy attack)
No Confidence Vote(Once per game, you may choose 1 enemy character within line of sight. That enemy character is automatically removed from play, save 6)
Force Powers
Force 2
Force Renewal 2
Master of the Force 2
Force Alter

Senator Garm Bel Iblis
Faction: Rebel
Cost: 23
Defense: 17
Attack: 8
Damage: 10
Special Abilities
Unique
Diplomat
Master Tactician
Opportunist
Rapport (Non-Unique Rebel followers cost 1 less when in the same squad as this character)
Commander Effect
Each Non-Unique Rebel follower gains +4 defense as long as it has an enemy within 6 squares

Senator Cal Omas
Faction: New Republic
Cost: 19
Hit Points: 40
Defense: 16
Attack: 8
Special Abilities
Unique
Alpha Red (Replaces turn; enemies within 6 squares are infected. Each time an infected character activates, it must attempt a save of 11. On a failure, that character takes 20 damage. On a success, that character is no longer infected)
Diplomat
Internal Strife
Opportunist +20

Notes:
Trade Federation Representative: Represents Lott Dod. Filibuster represents the stalling tactics in the senate used to avoid having to do anything about Naboo.
Senator Palpatine: Lackluster combat abilities for emergency defense, he did have a lighsaber in his sleeve, after all. No confidence vote to represent his manipulation to get Valorum out of the way.
Senator Garm Bel Iblis: Represents his overall tactical prowess.
Senator Cal Omas: I fudged this one a bit. Alpha Red represents the bioweapon used when he was Head of State. Internal Strife represents his many quarrels with the Jedi as he grew older. Opportunist represents his reactionary nature. Alpha Red and Internal Strife represent his time as Head of State, but I included them for flavor.
Space Jawa
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 7:24:34 AM

Senator Palpatine
Republic
Cost: 20
Hit Points: 60
Defense: 14
Special Abilities:
*Unique
*Hidden Agenda (After figures have been placed on the board, select one Fringe or Non-Unique character of another faction on an opponents team and one Special Ability possessed by that character. That character gains -4 to Attack and cannot use that Special Ability against Republic characters on your team during this game.)

Force Powers:
Force 2
Force Renewal 1
Force Alter

Commander Effect: Adjacent Non-Unique Republic Followers gain Bodyguard

"Enter the bureaucrats, the true rulers of the Republic, and on the payroll of the Trade Federation, I might add. This is where Chancellor Valorum's strength will disappear."

Separatist
Cost: 6
Hit Points: 10
Defense: 12
Attack: 2
Special Abilities:
*Diplomat
*Separatist Reserves 20 (If you roll a 1 for initiative, you can add up to 20 points of Non-Unique Separatist characters to your squad immediately before your first activation of the round)

“I object! There is no proof!”

Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum
Republic
Cost: 17
Defense: 15
Damage: 0
Special Abilities:
*Unique
*Diplomat
*Rapport (Allies with a Force Rating cost 1 less when in the same squad as this character.)
*Republic Envoys (Before the first round of the game, select two Non-Unique Republic Characters on your squad. These characters gain Diplomat. These characters loose diplomat if Chancellor Finis Valorum is defeated or if either of them target or are successfully targeted by an opposing character.)

Commander Effect: Allied Characters within 6 squares that have Bodyguard gain +4 Defense and Counter Attack (This character gains +4 attack and +10 damage against characters that have activated this round).

I’ve had word that the Chancellors Ambassadors are with you now, and that you’ve been commanded to reach settlement.

Anakin Skywalker, Chancellor’s Representative to the Council
Republic
Cost: 32
Hit Points: 110
Defense: 19
Attack: 12
Damage: 20

Special Abilities:
*Unique
*Pilot
*Melee Attack
*Twin Attack
*Internal Strife
*Djem So Style
*Rapport (This character costs 2 less when on a squad with a character that counts as Emperor Palpatine)

Force Powers:
*Force 4
*Lightsaber Precision

“It’s dangerous, putting those two together. I’m not sure the boy can handle it.”
Sithfan
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 10:21:33 AM

Seperatist
Cost: 15
HP: 30
Def: 15
Atk: 4
Dam: 10

SA
Diplomat (If an attacker has line of sight to any enemies without Diplomat, this character is not a legal target and does not count as the nearest enemy, even if adjacent)
Deceptive (+10 Damage against an enemy who has activated this round)
Disruptive (Suppresses enemy commander effects within 6 squares)

Senator Palpatine
Republic
Cost: 32
HP: 90
Def: 14
Atk: 8
Dam: 0

SA
Unique, Melee Attack
Diplomat
(If an attacker has line of sight to any enemies without Diplomat, this character is not a legal target and does not count as the nearest enemy, even if adjacent)
Cunning Attack +20 (+4 Attack and +20 Damage against an enemy who has not activated this round)
Immediate Republic Reserves 30 (If you roll exactly 20 for initiative, you can add up to 30 points of Republic characters adjacent to this character immediately before your first activation of the round)
Master Tactician (You automatically choose who goes first except on a roll of 1)
Intuition (Once per round, after initiative is determined, this character can immediately move up to his speed before any other character activates)
FP
Force 1
Force Renewal 1
Pawn of the Dark Side
(Force 1, replaces attacks: sight; 1 non-Unique ally takes an immediate turn, which does not count as one of your 2 activations this phase; at the end of that turn, it takes 10 damage)

CE
Adjacent followers gain Bodyguard. Once per round, after initiative is determined, 1 ally within 6 squares can immediately move up to its Speed before any other character activates.

Ruun Haako
Seperatist
Cost: 21
HP: 50
Def: 14
Atk: 3
Dam: 10

SA
Unique, Melee Attack
Diplomat
(If an attacker has line of sight to any enemies without Diplomat, this character is not a legal target and does not count as the nearest enemy, even if adjacent)
Rapport (This character costs 1 less when in the same squad as a character whose name contains Nute Gunray)
Tactics Broker (Once per round, before initiative is determined, choose 1 other character in your squad. Remove that character from play; that character is defeated. An opponent's initiative check result automatically becomes 1.)
Droid Reserves 20 (If you roll exactly 5, 10, 15, or 20 for initiative, you can add up to 20 points of non-Unique Droid characters from any faction to your squad immediately before your first activation of the round)

Mutated Nelvaanian Warrior
Seperatist
Cost: 21
HP: 70
Def: 18
Atk: 9
Dam: 30

SA
Cyborg (Counts as both a Droid and a non-Droid; living; subject to critical hits and commander effects)
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Bloodthirsty (+10 Damage on melee attacks against enemies at half Hit Points or less)
Blaster 20 (Replaces attacks: sight; +12 Attack for 20 Damage)
Internal Strife (On an attack roll of natural 1, this character joins the opponent's squad until the end of the skirmish)
corranhorn
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 11:01:00 AM

Priness Leia Organa, Imperial Senator Imperial 7
HP 30
Def 17
attack 6
dam 10
internal strife
diplomat
stwalth
accurate shot

Senator Palpatine Republic 25
HP 50
DEF 20
Attack 0
DAM 10

Melee aTTack
sith reserves 43* 6, 11, 16,
master and apprentice: With this characters reserves you may only bring in a character who's name contains Maul
Diplomat
Force 3 Renewal 2
Pawn of the dark side
CE
Followers who's name contains senate gains e
xtra Attack.

Senate Commando 13 Republic
HP 60
Def 16
Attack 10
Dam 30
Deadeye
Bodyguard

Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi negotiator Republic 30

HP 70
def 22
atk 12
dam 20
melee attack
diplomat
aggressive negotiations(When this charcter attacks he loses diplomat for the rest of the game)
cunning attack
Force 3
Lightsaber defense

defender390
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 6:31:37 AM

I voted for Imperial officers, by the way.
defender390
Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2009 5:07:50 AM

Bump.
Darth Mavoc
Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2009 9:03:33 AM

Just a reminder that today is your last day to post any submissions to this round.
Darth Mavoc
Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2009 6:01:26 PM

The round is now officially closed for submissions.

The winners will be chosen soon, and then announced.
RevRevGar
Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2009 7:18:17 PM

When voting, can I vote by the individual categories? As in I like someone's use of diplomat, but like a separate person's Palpatine?

-RevRevGar
Sithfan
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 7:23:49 AM

RevRevGar wrote:
When voting, can I vote by the individual categories? As in I like someone's use of diplomat, but like a separate person's Palpatine?

-RevRevGar

I think you're welcome to PM Darth Mavoc and Uggie Demo to let them know which ones you like, but I think that they are the only judges right now...
RevRevGar
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 3:49:29 PM

I realized soon after that they judge and there is no voting.

-RevRevGar
Darth Mavoc
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:06:53 PM

So, for this week we have:

Best Trade Federation Representative:

Runner-up: Sithfan!
Winner: Space Jawa!

Best Senator Palpatine:

Runner-up: defender390!
Winner: Sithfan!

Best use of Diplomat:

Runner-up: defender390 with Senator Garm Bel Iblis!
Winner: Space Jawa with Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum!

Best use of Internal Strife:

Runner-up: Space Jawa with Anakin Skywalker, Chancellor’s Representative to the Council!
Winner: Sithfan with Mutated Nelvaanian Warrior!

Bonus:

The ability that I was looking for this round, in order to award the bonus, was Deceptive. Only one person, Sithfan, used this ability in his entries for this round. Congratulations! You have been awarded 3 points.

Congratulations to all the winners and a big thanks from the judges for participating in this round of Ultimate Star Wars Miniatures Custom Stats Competition. The next round, Officers of the Empire, will begin as soon as possible.