RegisterDonateLogin

Range 6

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Time to Rebuild Options
Jedicartographer
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 10:37:32 AM
Groups: Member

Last year, I was forced to sell my Star Wars Collection due to some financial hardships.The summer of 2015 my marriage broke up, I lost my job, and made some poor choices, all of which have cost me dearly. I have to say, selling off my stuff feels exactly how I knew it would, awful. The culmination of 10 years of collecting, priced to sell quickly, far below what they were worth. I HAD to sell, so I don’t regret it per se, however, it was a painful decision.

I vowed to myself, I would rebuild the collection back up over time, perhaps it won’t ever be the massive horde of little dudes that I once was, but I would gather up enough so that I could start playing with my son when he turned 11 or 12. He’s 3 ½ now, so hopefully I will have a good collection by the time he’s 11 

This sounds very corny, but getting this collection back means so much more than the game itself. I have lost
SO MUCH of myself these past couple years, rebuilding the collection means BECOMING MYSELF again.

Things are starting to look up, and I’m setting aside a budget to start rebuilding. I am looking for deals. Perhaps bulk deals, or lots. Funds are limited, but I’m ready to start, one figure at a time.
If anyone has pieces they would like to part with for cheap, please contact me. At this point, I need whatever you got.

UPDATE:

My numbers have reached 100 pieces, and I am starting to get an idea of what I am starting to look for. It's amazing years after the game stopped what is valuable and what isn't. Never thought I'd be paying 2-3 dollars a stormtrooper on EBAY!!

Here are some "Platoons" I'm looking to pick up. generally Speaking I am hoping to pay 50 Cents for commons, 1 dollar for uncommons, And a little extra for sought after ones. Any rare or very rare pieces listed below, please get hold of me with a price, and I'll see if I can handle it.

Stormtrooper Platoon
4 Stormtroopers(preferably NOT the one from Alliance and Empire)
1 Stormtrooper Officer
2 heavy storm troopers
2 elite stormtroopers
2 Scout Troopers

Snow Trooper Platoon

4 Snow Troopers
2 Elite Snow Troopers
1 Snowtrooper Commander
1 Snowtrooper with E-web blaster
2 At-At Pilots

Republic Commandos

1 Boss
1 Sev
1 Scorch
1 Fixer
1 Sergeant

Rebel Troopers

4 Rebel Trooper
2 Elite Rebel Troopers
2 Heavy Rebel Troopers
2 Rebel Vanguards
1 Rebel Captain

Hoth Rebels

4 Hoth Troopers
2 Elite Hoth Troopers
1 Hoth Trooper Officer
1 Atgar Cannon
1 Hoth Trooper with Repeating Blaster

Rebel Commando Unit

2 Rebel Soldiers
2 Rebel Commando ( preferably one from Rebel Storm, and one From A&E)
1 Rebel Commando Strike Leader
1 Dressilian Commando
1 Elite Rebel Commando
1 Rebel Commando Pathfinder
1 Veteran Rebel Commando
1 Bothan Commando
1 Twilek Scout

Droid Armies

1 Super Battle droid Commander
1 Battled Droid Sergeant
2 Rocket Battle Droids
8 Battle Droids
4 Super Battle Droids
2 Battle Droid Snipers
2 Dwarf Spider Droids
2 Destroyer Droids
4 Small Crab Droids
1 Hailfire Droid
1 Giant Crab Droid

MORE TO COME

General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 10:49:38 AM

Woot you're back in it brother! And I'm planning to game with my son when he's a bit older. He already loves rolling the dice at age 2 haha. And you should just offer to trade some maps for minis haha. My collection is trimmed down to exactly enough to field a couple of everything (except Seps, I kept all my Seps!) but I may have a few extras of some of the generic stuff if you are having trouble acquiring things. Shipping from northern Canada probably isn't great though.

I also understand that SWM becomes part of one's identity, I've been playing since I was in my late teens and through several relationships, two tours of duty in Afghanistan, a wife, child and then catastrophic fire in our city that nearly removed all of my collection if not for a God-given miracle shifting winds at the last moment. So definitely got some history with the game haha.
Jedicartographer
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 10:56:04 AM

See what you have, and if it's still a good deal even with shipping, I will graciously accept. Obviously I am happy to cover the shipping costs. thanks, JG.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 5:18:30 AM

I have quite a few extras, I'll bm you with a list of what I have exactly.
Jedicartographer
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 5:32:15 AM

Great thanks.
cassekiel
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 5:02:06 PM

I have Ulic, Exar, RS IG88, and Nom Anor that have reprint cards as well as some commons and uncommons (with cards) that I could probably just donate to you since I like your maps so much. Shoot me a PM and let me know if you are interested.