RegisterDonateLogin

Is the war paint on Felucian Rancors.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

YV Seer Options
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 3:47:13 PM
Groups: Member

Does the CE of the YV Seer extend Melee Reach 2 for Shedao Shai? What about the Nom Bombs? What about just regular Melee Attack? Does regular Melee Attack become Melee 3?
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 4:34:43 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I know Melee Attack doesn't have a range (adjacent is not a range) so it's not extended. Nor Self-Destruct (I assume that's what you mean by Nom Bombs). Not sure about MR2 or 3, though.
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 6:24:49 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
I know Melee Attack doesn't have a range (adjacent is not a range) so it's not extended. Nor Self-Destruct (I assume that's what you mean by Nom Bombs). Not sure about MR2 or 3, though.

Adjacent is not considered a range? Thats good to know... So abilities/CE that require adjacency can target a lot more characters than I thought. For some reason I thought adjacent was still a range.

Still curious about Melee Reach 2/3. I could see it working either way on those.
juice man
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 7:03:20 PM

It does not extend melee reach, sadly. Melee Reach 2 is not a range. As I remember the explanation, after trying to do this very thing, melee reach does not have "range" in it's description.

Could be more technical than that but still no.Sad

EDIT gotta be more technical. Firejelly can get boosted and it doesn't have "range".
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 7:16:52 PM

juice man wrote:
It does not extend melee reach, sadly. Melee Reach 2 is not a range. As I remember the explanation, after trying to do this very thing, melee reach does not have "range" in it's description.

EDIT gotta be more technical. Firejelly can get boosted and it doesn't have "range".

'Within 3 squares' is a range. Like with CEs.

Melee Reach changes which enemy characters count as adjacent when the Reach character is attacking. Adjacent is not a 'range'. Nor is 'touch'.
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 7:41:38 PM

swinefeld wrote:
juice man wrote:

Melee Reach changes which enemy characters count as adjacent when the Reach character is attacking. Adjacent is not a 'range'. Nor is 'touch'.

Melee Reach does not "change" who is adjacent... It actually treats enemies within a certain range "as being" adjacent.

Txt for Melee Reach 2 : When attacking, this character treats enemies up to 2 squares away as adjacent

Its a range for adjacent correct? How can you be required to count a range of squares, yet it not count as counting a range of squares? It has to "count" 2 squares, because its "up to 2 squares". The difference would be, with this text, adjacent characters AND characters within 2 squares ( a countable distance) count as adjacent.

If the text said characters 2 squares away count as adjacent... Then characters who are actually adjacent, are not, because to meet the requirements, they would have to be 2 squares away correct?
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 11:56:23 PM

shmi15 wrote:
swinefeld wrote:
juice man wrote:

Melee Reach does not "change" who is adjacent... It actually treats enemies within a certain range "as being" adjacent.

Txt for Melee Reach 2 : When attacking, this character treats enemies up to 2 squares away as adjacent

Its a range for adjacent correct? How can you be required to count a range of squares, yet it not count as counting a range of squares? It has to "count" 2 squares, because its "up to 2 squares". The difference would be, with this text, adjacent characters AND characters within 2 squares ( a countable distance) count as adjacent.

If the text said characters 2 squares away count as adjacent... Then characters who are actually adjacent, are not, because to meet the requirements, they would have to be 2 squares away correct?

"change" was a poor choice of words on my part.
It most certainly does NOT make physically adjacent characters NOT count as adjacent.
Don't rely on card text alone. Check the glossary text as well, and then FAQ if need be.

Ever wonder why there are no characters with MR2+ and LS Sweep? I don't. Smile

shmi15
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 6:47:50 AM

swinefeld wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
swinefeld wrote:
juice man wrote:

"change" was a poor choice of words on my part.
It most certainly does NOT make physically adjacent characters NOT count as adjacent.
Don't rely on card text alone. Check the glossary text as well, and then FAQ if need be.

Ever wonder why there are no characters with MR2+ and LS Sweep? I don't. Smile

Can Jorrus C 'Boath make anyone with Melee reach have LS?
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9:25:13 AM

shmi15 wrote:

Can Jorrus C 'Boath make anyone with Melee reach have LS?

Not currently. Must be a Republic force user with a lightsaber to borrow powers, and none of them have Reach.