RegisterDonateLogin

Crack open a bottle of Tatooine's finest.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Hutt Regional 2018 Options
TheHutts
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2018 12:54:56 AM
Groups: Member

I’m reporting live from Kezzamachine’s lounge where we’re gathered for the kickoff of Hutt Regional 2018 (on his birthday!). We have five of us tonight, out of the 15 people who’ve registered to play in the tournament.

It’s a long form tournament, played over two months, where you try and play as many opponents as possible and can play different squads for each matchup.

These are the official rules:
Quote:
Welcome to the Lower Hutt Regional League for 2018!

The structure of this tournament is very different from previous years, and is geared around one key philosophy: have as many games as you can and enjoy the crap out of it as you do. While there is an element of making a Top in order to be crowned Lower Hutt Regional champion, there are still plenty of goals for other players within the tournament.

The general tone of the League is such that players can choose their own opponents and are not unfairly penalised for not playing specific people. Furthermore, one can play as many or as few games as they like. After two months of play through various organised game nights, or ‘pop-up tournaments’, players will be sorted into a ladder with positions based on their accumulated points and will play off for final rankings. Those seeking the Top 4 and those seeking a good game will have their own goals potentially realised within the framework of the Lower Hutt Regional League.

Here are the rules:
Games are 200pts, Faction and Fringe, using any map from either Restricted List. Gambit is in effect at 10pts, and all errata from the Balance Committee is legal. Vset15 is legal also. Game points will be through the 3-2-1 system.

Signups are required initially to gauge numbers and potential opponents. They are not, however, final and players can join and pull out of the tournament as any time, as they structure of the League is not based on numbers or groups.

The League will be run through a number of one-off games and ‘Pop-Up Tournaments’. These small events will be organised by whoever wishes to host one or more opposing players on any given night. Once a game is played, one of the players must post the results to the Save11 Facebook page so they can be seen and recorded, along with any squads that are used, and maps. Organisers of the Pop-Up Tournaments should try to ensure a good mix of players and, if possible, make the event well known for multiple possible opponents.

Anyone plays anyone. There is no draw, no groups, no super-six, only the League. Players are playing for a position against the other players in the League. Players must strive to play as many different players as they can, but cannot be held accountable for circumstance. Likewise, organisers of small events or one-off games should be looking to invite players who have not had as much access to games as others. This is, however, a guide, and there is no expectation that an organiser has to do this! If a player does not feel like they are getting enough games against enough different opponents, they are free to contact myself (thekezzamachine), any of the Pop-Up Tournament organisers (which will be obvious throughout the League), or to organised games themselves!

If you arrive at an event with multiple players, you should always be looking to play the one you have not played, or played the least. This, however, is not mandatory.

You may play an opponent as many times as you want to. All results count. You will strive to play at least five different opponents in order to register a full score, but this is not necessary if you do not wish to.

Scoring!
First, your scores from your Game Points is totalled, and this is divided by your number of games, in effect giving you an average score per game.
Second, your score is modified based on your number of different opponents. Five different opponents is required to give you a full score. 1 opponent is 20% of your full score, 2 opponents is 40%, etc.
Thirdly, your resulting score is multiplied by 100. This makes it easy to visualise.

The Lower Hutt Regional League will begin on the 17th March and run until the 17th of May. Players will play as many games as they can. After results are publicised and entered, the full table of results will be displayed on the Save11 Facebook page.

On the 19th of May, there will be a Finals night featuring playoffs for all of the participants. Players will be ranked by their tournament points. If someone is unavailable, or opts out, the next person will move up into their space.

Dates are subject to confirmation!

Example:
Over a month and a half I play Graham and lose 1-3, Will twice (3-0 and 0-2), Ian and lose 1-2, and Hone three times (0-3, 2-1, 1-2). My total amount of game points is 9 and I've played 7 games. 9/7 is 1.29, but I've only played four opponents so I'm 80% of that, which is 1.03. Times it by 100 (to make it look cooler) and I have 103 points. I may have two more weeks before the end of the tournament (Finals Night!), so I try and get some other games in as best I can, and find some other opponents (to get that 100% score), and try squeeze into the Top 4.

Five of us are playing two rounds tonight - I have the second round bye, so I’m reporting on the first round.

Kezzamachine bt Haydensolo 154-152 On Modular Base
Kez was playing a low act Imperial squad with Lothal, Desann, Hethrir
Hayden was playing NR:
--Amphistaff of Destiny--
49 Jacen Solo in Amphistaff Armor
45 Han Solo, Corellian Legend
29 Ganner Rhysode
23 General Wedge Antilles
22 R2-D2 and C-3PO, Galactic Heroes
11 Yuuzhan Vong Ossus Protector
9 General Dodonna
8 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(199pts. 9 activations)
As the score indicates it was a nail biter, but Kez got the birthday win.

TheHutts bt Darth Moore 210-45 on Great Library
TheHutts played Rebels:
--Rebel Balance--
44 Luke Skywalker, Hero of Endor
34 Kyle Katarn, Rebel Hero
21 Lando Calrissian, Infiltrator
20 Princess Leia
18 Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2)
18 Jan Ors
14 General Rieekan
9 General Dodonna
8 Juno Eclipse
8 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Spirit
3 Rodian Brute
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(200pts. 12 activations)

DarthMoore played a 4 activation Republic squad with 100 point Yoda and ObiKin.
It was a pretty tough matchup for Republic, and they had tough luck - ObiKin failed a bunch of Splash saves early and Yoda never rolled reserves. Rebels are pretty good tank killlers with Luke, Kyle, and Leia.
TheHutts
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2018 12:59:08 AM

Round 2 is now underway.

Ian is playing Fringe Talon, Boba, and Embo against Haydensolo’s new 45 point Dooku and a bunch of Drones, On Bothan Spynet.

Fringe won 200-3, as Separatists didn't really have a way to kill Talon, so they couldn’t deal with the disruptive.

Kez is playing a Cad Bane charging fire squad against Darth Moore’s Bane and Caedus Sith squad. On Great Library.
Sith won 201-26, as Seperatists had to get in Exar's -4 Bubble and make a bunch of Illusion saves of 15, and didn't make enough to cause the Sith enough damage.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2018 9:12:50 AM

Love this format. We had a big tournament back in the day with a similar format.

I actually think this format takes greater skill, as you have to play everyone. Also there's the additional layer of deciding what to play against who.

Besides - to me using many different squads is much more fun.

Have at it fellas!
kezzamachineII
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2018 3:08:32 PM

Lower Hutt Regional League 2018 Scoreboard:

1. Ian 60pts (3gpts/1gp) 1 opponent
2. Graham 60pts (3gpts/1gp) 1 opponent
3. Paul 60pts (3gpts/2gp) 2 opponents
4. Kezza 40pts (2gpts/2gp) 2 opponents
5. Hayden 20pts (1gpts/2gp) 2 opponents
kezzamachineII
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2018 11:14:32 PM

Okay! So there have been a few LHR games at SBC this last week. Here's the current standings:

1. Joseph 120pts (6gpts/2gp) 2 opponents
2. Kezza 100pts (5gpts/3gp) 3 opponents
3. Ian 60pts (3gpts/1gp) 1 opponent
4. Graham 60pts (3gpts/1gp) 1 opponent
5. Yan 60pts (3gpts/1gp) 1 opponent
6. Paul 60pts (3gpts/2gp) 2 opponents
7. Will 40pts (2gpts/4gp) 4 opponents
8. Hayden 20pts (1gpts/2gp) 2 opponents
9. Alex 0pts (0gpts/1gp) 1 opponent
10. PaulMat 0pts (0gpts/1gp) 1 opponent

Last Wednesday, Will beat Alex's Rogue One squad 117-16 with his Revan/Bane swap squad, before Joseph flattened Will's OR Troopers with his Twin Speeder squad.

Then this week saw Will's Revan/Bane squad lose to Yan's GOWK/ERC/Rex squad (with an R7 instead of R2!!!) 200-90, and the two games today were Joseph's BX Commando's running right over Paul Matheson's Celeste/Talon/Rakghouls 200-0 and me running out 200-3 victors with a BobaAFH/Morrigan/Evazan swap squad against Will's Revan/Bane swap squad. So much swapping!
Chargers
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 7:33:46 PM

I noticed that you didn't extend invitations to the rest of us to join the league and didn't start posting about it until you are in the middle of it. Afraid of a little competition if some of us were to show up? Laugh

Awesome reports ... thanks for sharing. Good to hear you're keeping the game going.

TheHutts
Posted: Friday, April 6, 2018 1:44:13 AM

We have a couple of games on tonight.

I beat Kez 205-176 in Command Deck.

I played Talon, Boba, new Zayne, Jarael, Marn, and Rohlan Dyre.

Kez played Vitiate, Atton, two Uvaks, and two Dark Disciples.

It was a tough matchup for Kez and he made a pretty good game of it. Atton made a few avoid defeat saves, and found a line to Talon after the Uvak painful screech cleared out my fodder. Game ended with Marn and full health Boba against Full health Vitiate in gambit.

Ian is playing Kez now - Kez playing NR Amphistaff Jacen squad against Ian’s charging bounty hunters with Embo, Morrigan etc.
TheHutts
Posted: Friday, April 6, 2018 2:12:54 AM

Kez has pretty good odds right now - it’s essentially Assaj vs Kez’s entire squad.
kezzamachineII
Posted: Friday, April 6, 2018 7:24:55 PM

And... Kez took it out 200-22 on Great Library. A well timed spinning blade attack followed by some nice Opportunist action from Han won the day!

The current scores are:
1. Kezza 180pts (9gpts/5gp)
2. Joseph 120pts (6gpts/2gp) 2 opponents
3. Graham 120pts (6gpts/2gp) 2 opponents
4. Yan 60pts (3gpts/1gp) 1 opponent
5. Ian 60pts (3gpts/2gp) 2 opponents
6. Paul 60pts (3gpts/2gp) 2 opponents
7. Will 40pts (2gpts/4gp) 4 opponents
8. Hayden 20pts (1gpts/2gp) 2 opponents
9. Alex 0pts (0gpts/1gp) 1 opponent
10. PaulMat 0pts (0gpts/1gp) 1 opponent