RegisterDonateLogin

I don't get it, what's a "Bloom ilk"?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Mettle & Rerolling With Mettle? Options
Darth Percocet
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 4:51:42 AM
Groups: Member

Ok i went through the glossary & was reading it & i understand how mettle works. But what i dont understand is how it would work with say Leia Skywalkers & Yoda (CS) Ce's. So i have a few questions & thanx to whoever answers them.

1) Example, Lets say your evading a shot & miss, then you reroll from the CE & miss.Then you spend a force point to reroll triggering mettle, & then you fail that save would you get another free save from the CE allowing you to reroll each failed save once & if so would mettle trigger on that one as well?

2) Example, Lets say you go to roll for a lightsaber block, deflect etc. By you spending the force point to activate that force power, would mettle come in automatically or would you have to have MOTF 2 to allow you to LS block & then reroll it if missed then triggering mettle?

3) Lets say you have a figure with MOTF 2 & mettle, & you go to evade a shot but miss, then you spend a force point to reroll & trigger mettle & miss that, & spend another to reroll would mettle stack on it?

Also on stacking. With recon, say you have 3 people on your team with recon & all have line of sight to enemies, would all 3 of them trigger recon making it 6 rolls? Does it stack?

Thanx anyone who answers this..
Durge Dude
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 4:56:40 AM

1.Yes to both questions

2.No you would need to have MOTF 2 and reroll to get mettle

3.No mettle doesnt stack as far as I know

as for the recon some one else will have to help you there, I have no idea
Darth Percocet
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 5:05:57 AM

alright thanx double d... just some questions i had brewing up in my dome piece lol.. thanx buddy
saber1
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 5:29:31 AM

1) There is only one save/failed save. Each of the subsequent rolls are rerolls of the same save. Therefore, Leia's CE will only allow 1 free reroll. In your example, the evade triggers a save. On a fail, you may reroll with Leia's CE. On a fail, you may spend a force point to reroll (triggering Mettle if targeted character has Mettle). On a fail, you may (assuming the character with evade has MOTF2) spend another force point to reroll. Once the above is exhausted, there are no options left for the target.

2) DD is correct.

3) Mettle is the one thing in this game that DOES stack. It is very inconsistent with the game as the only stacking exception and I hope that they change the ruling on it.

4) Recon requires only one character in your squad to have LOS on an enemy character. However, it must be the character with Recon and it does not stack. It is a poorly worded SA that does cause confusion.

I hope this helps and any of the more veteran players can correct me if I have stated anything above incorrectly.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 5:45:22 AM

no no you helped aslo saber1 thank you.. i find it always good when mutiple people help clear up a rule, this way if any of the people typing are wrong & you have a website consultant come & clear it all up then anyone who may of answered it wrong will also learn the right ways.. so thank you & thank you too again Double D..
Cordova
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 6:50:59 AM

Somewaht hijacking this questioning of mettle rerolls, if you miss an attack, and reroll with mettle, and the total roll is 20 or more, does this count as a critical hit? (eg. a 17 + 4 from mettle = 21)

And is it only if the Recon guy has LOS to the enemy? Cos I've never been sure on that.

Again, sorry for the the new questions...
EmporerDragon
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 7:48:29 AM

1) No, the die roll has to be the natural number

2) The character with Recon needs LOS for the ability to work.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 10:59:38 AM

hey emp thanx man.. Mettle would work with Cortosis Gauntlet though right? like if i were to use Zayne & reroll with mettle & get like a 15 then dont the mettle add the +4 on & make it 19?
saber1
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 11:25:01 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:
hey emp thanx man.. Mettle would work with Cortosis Gauntlet though right? like if i were to use Zayne & reroll with mettle & get like a 15 then dont the mettle add the +4 on & make it 19?

I believe that is correct. Crit is different because it states "natural roll of 20". Gauntlets don't include the "natural" term, therefore it seems that it would be the result after any possible modifications (ie Mettle).
Darth Percocet
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 11:39:39 AM

yea thats what i figured, usualy alot of the rules are answered simply in the text on the card but hard to break down & understand. & i didnt see the natural 20 on the gauntlets deff so i figured that... man oh man lol.. thanx again saber1
joverfield
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2009 2:56:07 AM

zayne actually would only need a roll of 6 to use cortosis gauntlet 18....he could gain mettle and karmic mettle and karmic luck on a reroll if he is in a squad with nomi
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2009 2:57:15 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

joverfield wrote:
zayne actually would only need a roll of 10 to use cortosis gauntlet....he could gain mettle and cortosis mettle on a reroll if he is in a squad with nomi

It would either be 6 or 14 for Zayne, as Karmic Luck affects the result just like Mettle.
saber1
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2009 7:20:21 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:
thanx again saber1

You are welcome. Smile