RegisterDonateLogin

Has altered the deal. Pray it does not alter it further.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Yaddle? Options
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 10:15:30 AM
Groups: Member

jen'ari wrote:
Last post Caedus.

I am a teacher and one of the things I teach is vocabulary to students that do not have great vocabularies at the moment. We always engage our vocabulary with lots of other ways of using the word because a mere definition is not going to help since they, most likely, do not understand the words in the definition.

Here are some definitions of the word Opinion

a belief not based on absolute certainty or positive knowledge but on what seems true, valid, or probable to one's own mind; judgment

judgment or belief not founded on certainty or proof

Your opinion about something is what you think or believe about it.

a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter

belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge

Now lets look at some synonyms and antonyms

Synonyms:

belief, judgment, notion, conclusion, feeling, estimation

Antonyms:

Fact, Truth, Reality

Opinions do not have facts.
Yaddle has facts. She had a life and she did certain things in that life. She is bound by her epic deeds and anything she did not do becomes an opinion or a guess. Designs have to be based on proof enough from the character to do what they are able to do in the game.

She did not know Shien style and she did not teach or help others know shien style (this is not an opinion). She did use a lightsaber but was more inclined to use the force (fact), her padawans where force user types as well so it is, at the very least, odd that her CE gives out Lightsaber assault. (it is a very large abstraction to truth to give her a CE granting lightsaber assault b/c we KNOW it is odd. We know it is odd because she was a force instructor and her padawans that we know of were force types. There can still be a small argument that since she was a jedi master and knew how to use a lightsaber and had to have taught her padawans how to use one that she could grant assault so it is not fact that that is wrong, just unreasonable, which is almost as bad since all the proof points a different picture).

Opinions are when facts are not present or knowledge is not present. Best case scenario is to use facts and proof to base opinions off of when you have to make an opinion or an abstraction when turning an event or action into an ability or function in the game. When it is done corrcetly you get something really flavorful and fun.
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 10:19:30 AM

I'm not familiar with Yaddle, what styles did she know?
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 11:12:03 AM

Darth_Frenchy wrote:
I'm not familiar with Yaddle, what styles did she know?

To the best of my knowledge, there is no information really on Yaddle. ( Unless there is a story about her and Oppo Rancis in which I promise I know nothing about) So its up for interpretation . Her Wookiepedia only mentions her knowing an ancient Force Power, Morichro. Other than that, she is an open pallet.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 11:26:35 AM

Legends had more information than canon.

Apparently star wars wikia has Yaddle knowing form 3 and 4. There is no link to that information.

As far I have read elsewhere, (star wars wiki or wookiepedia gets lots of things wong and i personally think they are wrong about Soresu) she knew a subset of Ataru called Sokan and learned a lot of her techniques on her own.

There is proof of her jumping and attacking and things that show evidence of an Ataru fighting style.
I can remember no proof at all of a soresu stance or soresu move. It has been a while since I have read the comics (read them online).

No proof at all of Form V.
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 11:51:24 AM

Gotcha, thanks for the quick responses!