RegisterDonateLogin

As Himself.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Questions from a beginner Options
Diglettt
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2018 10:00:37 AM
Groups: Member

Hello guys! I am just now starting to collect these miniatures to use for various miniature games and I had a few questions. I thought it would be easier to just list them all here instead of starting a new thread for each so here it goes.

-If you are going to wash your miniatures, do you just run them in hot water and rub them off? (Does this wreck the paint)
-What are you all doing to preserve your figures (apparently plastic dust will show up from time to time)? What do you do if plastic dust does show up on your figures?
-If you paint your figures, do you strip them or just paint over them after washing them? Also, what paints do you use to do so?
-What are some good miniature rules to use for a game with these miniatures?
-What is your favorite mini produced for this game? (This one is just for fun BigGrin )

I think these are all the questions I have for now, but I will post more here if I think of any.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2018 10:08:52 AM

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don'r "wash." I just store them in boxes/baggies and they're fine. The paint on the SW Miniatures is actually pretty durable.

Regarding painting and "Other" stuff you could do to the mini's; check out the Custom's section, rummage around in there and you'll find some things that'll help you out.

Regarding game play, check out the various forum topics and threads. That'll help to some extent and asking questions is a great start.

Cheers,

surf
Diglettt
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2018 4:09:39 AM

Thanks for the help!
jak
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2018 6:50:14 AM

You can paint over the minis without stripping them first. I've done a lot of repainting and customizing. I used the paint that's on sale or reasonably priced any kind of craft paint at Hobby Lobby or Michaels or something like that. Always figure on a couple of coats. Use the smallest brushes you can get for the fine details. Stay away from the eyes if you try those you'll end up making them look like some Buckeye freak cuz the eyes always end up with. As far as the rules that are intended for the use of these Minis they're on this website under rules. Take a look at those it's pretty straightforward you move your attack or you attack in to move. Kill all the bad guys and you win!
Naarkon
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2018 11:08:25 AM

+1 on not really needing to clean the minis. A quick dunk in some water or maybe some compressed air will take the dust off.

Also, if you have bent minis (happens a lot to lightsabers and thin things like battle droids), you can dunk them in almost booling water for just a few seconds with tweezers, bend it gently back into place, and then dunk it in cool water to reharden it. Not sure how that works with custom paint, but doesn’t affect the stock paint jobs at all.