RegisterDonateLogin

I never doubted Bloo Milk for a second! Wonderful!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Zakarisz Ghent question Options
AceAce
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:34:35 PM
Groups: Member

False Identification (A nonadjacent enemy cannot target this character or adjacent allies unless that enemy had line of sight to the target at the start of the turn; save 11.)

Does this mean that the character if out of sight of one of my allies, must make the save then move or hide accordingly?

They can't make the move opening up a shot...then roll the save 11...and if it fails decide to take it back for another move? There should be some risk with the move on the attacker's (out of sight) part. At the very least they need to activate that character if they state they want to attack with it.
AceAce
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:36:22 PM

It's a real risk if you had charging and made the move only to miss the save and had to stay in the landing spot they wanted to shoot from.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:38:48 PM

I think that's how it works anyways, unless you have Mobile Attack. It seems to me it's like making a Draw Fire save - if you make the save, you get to attack, if not, something else happens and you're just out of luck. In the case of Draw Fire, you have to attack someone else; in the case of False Identification, the attack is canceled. That's how I would read it? Let's see what Swinefeld says...
AceAce
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:56:49 PM

Thanks. Yep, think it ought to be a risk to make the attack. If you roll before you make the move, that doesn't make much sense, but it you make the move for the attack and then make the roll it's a whole different matter.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 3:45:24 PM

You make the save roll at the point of targeting (right before the attack)
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 8:08:12 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

TimmerB123 wrote:
You make the save roll at the point of targeting (right before the attack)

ThumpUp
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 10:15:31 PM

If they failed the save, could the attacker then attack another target (assuming it was also a legal target)?
AceAce
Posted: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 1:34:46 AM

I hope they can't pick someone else or there is not even nearly the risk. You would think it would be cancelled.
gholli69
Posted: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 3:12:05 AM

It says cannot target this character or adjacent allies, doesn't say that they can't Target other legal targets, so assuming there were other legal targets available then I don't know why they shouldn't be able to target those targets since the save roll happens at the point of targeting not at the point of attack.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 10:20:38 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
If they failed the save, could the attacker then attack another target (assuming it was also a legal target)?

No. If you fail the save, that attack is lost. You would have to make that choice before targeting.

This will be clarified in the glossary. (which I see did not get written)
gholli69
Posted: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 12:02:03 PM

So it kind of works like pheremones on xizor, only with a broader scope.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 1:06:32 PM

Eh... I'm having second thoughts.

Hold for further review.
AceAce
Posted: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:28:48 PM

But, if you had accurate how could you not attack another character next to it (aside from it saying that.) Then, how would that be fair to be able (even with Accurate) to shoot someone else? What if you had a Viper Droid running stuff behind it clearly to make them wary of shooting. Oh yeah, it could get Draw Fire which would make even more rolls. So, if they missed the roll (with accurate shooter,) and could move on to another if this goes on the whole game it will shorten the play time.

Thinking of when someone cancels Lightsaber Assault with a Force power..the move ends then.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 7:43:16 PM

AceAce wrote:
But, if you had accurate how could you not attack another character next to it (aside from it saying that.) Then, how would that be fair to be able (even with Accurate) to shoot someone else? What if you had a Viper Droid running stuff behind it clearly to make them wary of shooting. Oh yeah, it could get Draw Fire which would make even more rolls. So, if they missed the roll (with accurate shooter,) and could move on to another if this goes on the whole game it will shorten the play time.

Thinking of when someone cancels Lightsaber Assault with a Force power..the move ends then.

The ability wording missed the mark, hence it needs further review. It's going to the Rules Committee, and back to design as well.

AceAce
Posted: Thursday, July 27, 2017 1:15:27 PM

So he is banned for now until he can be changed?
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, July 27, 2017 1:59:18 PM

AceAce wrote:
So he is banned for now until he can be changed?

No, I don't have ban power, lol. Just trying to nail down the interactions correctly, put together a good glossary/FAQ, and possible wording errata.
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2017 4:43:18 PM

After reviewing designer intent, then discussion in the Rules Committee, RC consensus is:

Ruling:
The attacker must save to determine if it can target Ghent (or any adjacent ally). On a failure, it can move on to another potential target (again making a save if the enemy character is protected by False Identification). This continues until the attacker successfully targets a character or until no legal targets remain.

I hope I worded that clearly enough. If anything needs further clarification, ask away.

gholli69
Posted: Sunday, August 27, 2017 4:17:29 AM

thanks for getting back to us on this Swine, had forgotten that it even came up since it kind of happened right before gencon and all.
AceAce
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 5:11:47 AM

Yep, but that severely neuters Ghent as well as potentially makes for less time to play as rolls could eat up the time.
AceAce
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 5:13:55 AM

Accurate shooters and to a lesser degree, ones with Sniper, have a lot less to fear.