RegisterDonateLogin

You can't win, but there are alternatives to drinking.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Large Transport and Reserves Options
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2018 8:17:06 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Say a character with Reserves is on a character with Large Transport (Barada on Desert Skiff) at the start of a round when initiative is determined (so their special abilities, including Reserves, are suppressed), and you roll the number needed to bring in their Reserves. If you remove the character from the Skiff "immediately before your first activation of the round" as detailed in Large Transport, would you then be able to add the Reserves to your squad "immediately before your first activation of the round" as Reserves is no longer suppressed? From what I know, this doesn't seem likely, but I thought it was worth a try.

The practical application of this mechanic, if it worked, would be that you could benefit from Nute Gunray's Reserves if you roll the right number, but mostly avoid the negative effects that his commander effect can have on your squad. It could also be effective with Immediate Reserves- you can bring out the character and place the Reserves adjacent if you roll Reserves, while leaving the character protected on the Skiff if you do not.
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2018 10:20:34 PM

Interesting scenario. My initial thought would be no. I'll look into it further, but for now I'll stick with that.
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 4:44:28 PM

swinefeld wrote:
Interesting scenario. My initial thought would be no. I'll look into it further, but for now I'll stick with that.

Very interesting scenario. Raises the question: Is there any difference between how CE suppression works and various other things that suppress something or other?

To the Bat Cave! Sad
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018 8:01:22 AM

No.
The trigger for Reserves is the roll, so Large Transport would suppress the effect.