RegisterDonateLogin

I'm Mon Mothma, and I approve this website.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

An Idea For Squad Ratings & Comments (Cool Idea) Options
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 12:56:38 PM
Groups: Member

Please Read. I Think This Thread Will Have Alot Of Idea's & Answers To Stop The Things We Hate About The 1 Ratings & No Comments On Our Squads.

Ok having the idea of how to stop the 1 ratings on squads had me thinking because of the suggestions & problems that other users mentioned might happen. So it got me thinking of inproving the squad building, rating etc option.

Idea # 1 - Ok i first suggested in the other thread i made that we should have it to where you must leave a Comment on any squad you rate, making the people who give 1's out like candy would stop rating 1 & not be able to rate a 1 unless they commented.

Someone replied that, then it would cut the squad rating down to where not as many squads would be rated. So i had the idea of making a User Name Subscription System.

It would work like this, if you were to see a squad you really like from a user, then on that squad would give you an option to subscribe to that user. To where anytime they make a squad you would be alerted. It would work somewhat like a buddy list to where people who dont get many squads rated & they did have that 1 squad that got rated a few times. But the people who rated it forgot about the squad & the users name, i think if people subscribed then they would get a pm or some kind of other alert for when that user makes a squad. I think alot more squads would be rated & users would be noticed now when they build a squad.

Idea #2 - Since some people on here just have no luck after 1 squad was rated alot with getting there other ones rated.. I think the subscribe to a user with them building squads would get the word out on more squads rated.
Now on the other thread i made concerning squad building & rating system, someone stated that if you were to make it that you were forced to leave a comment on a squad to rate it, That people would still give you a 1 & just leave a blank comment on there. Well my idea for that was to make a system to where you can block any 1 users from being able to see your squads. It would also in my opinion save alot of bickering & arguing on someones squad page. You know how some people may get mad from what someone rated there squad & then a fight starts up in the comments of that squad, well by being able to block a user from looking at your squad i think would stop that & also stop the one ratings. Now if a person who rated your squad a 1 & then left a comment why, i dont mind that. Its the people who leave a 1 with no comment & with this if someone left me a 1 & a blank comment, then fine now i know who it is & i can block them.

Idea #3 - Also i dont think the people who give ones really thinks your squad is a one. I think they do it to be funny or when they are bored. I also think by it being like that, that if we had the have to leave a comment when rating systyem, that people dont wanna be reconized & known for being the 1 master on here. To where they will stop rating a one if they have to leave a comment . & if they still rate you a 1 & leave a blank comment if my idea is approved, then you can block them for it.

Its basically making me consider to stop making my squads public & basically i make squads so i can get some ideas & feedback from people. And i dont think its fair to someone who just spent time & concentrating on a squad idea to where some a hole can come alone & rate it a 1 thinking they are funny or they are bored. Its not fair. So i think these idea's would solve that problem.

Theres an idea on this thread for the following:

To stop the leaving 1 rating with no comment.Being able to make unknown user's squad more public by subscribing to a user.
Blocking the users who leave the 1 rating with a blank commet if my having to leave a comment if you wanna leave a rating on a squad is approved.

Thank you to all & anyone who reads this & idea's & comments on here are welcome. Please i would love to hear your feedback.

-Bobby Pirrone (Darth Percocet)
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 1:12:07 PM
Groups: Member

Bottom line is, to me this is one of the only options & ways to go with this problem of the 1's & no comments. I for one think by blocking squads yea might stop ratings more & by subscribing to users to see every squad they make would boost ratings up. So iw ould say that would be balanced out.

Now i for one would rather honestly have my squads rated less, than to have a user come on & give it a 1 & basically ruin the squad sending it into the unknown regions of the block milk website. It's just gonna keep getting worse & people i would say %75 of the people building squads are gonna stop rather than just take it. Its ok when it gets maybe 1 rating that is a 1. But how about when they have the top spot & it gets 10 ratings of 1. Then all that work you put into the squad & the pleasure of finally getting on the top 5 is taken away by a loser who thinks its funny. How is that fair? I think these idea's would solve the problems in my opinions.