RegisterDonateLogin

Finding this site was the will of the Force, I have no doubt about that.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Gen Con bound!!! Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 6:58:06 AM
Groups: Member

I was up until 5am prepping, packing, etc for Gen Con. There's always something more to do it feels like. Come hell or high water, I make this trip happen every year. 11 years and counting now. (Heck I just had surgery 5 days ago!)

I'm lucky to have a job which allows me the flexibility. (Not that I get vacation days or anything. I still miss out on a lot of money making it happen - but I'm grateful for the fact that I can still somehow manage it.)

It obviously also helps that I live driving distance from Indianapolis. Shout out to all the international minis players that have made the trip over the years. This year 2 more Kiwis, Richard (recent hall-of-fame inductee, creater of Minicron and Tourney Tracker) and his son Zak have been staying with me here in Chicago, and will be headed down with me. Props to them and their over 8000 mile journey in which Gen Con is the jewel.

Encouragement to those who haven't been, or haven't been in awhile. It really is amazing. Save your pennies, make it a priority. There are minis players all over the Midwest, anyone can find a group to go with. I can't imagine not doing it at this point. Im grateful for the opportunity, but I still have to make it the priority for it to happen.

See everyone going there soon, and for those not - start planning for next year now. (Seriously)

To Indy, and THE BEST FOUR FIVE DAYS IN GAMING!!! ThumbsUp
DarthRattlehead
Posted: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 8:13:49 AM

Just did the math, and the roundtrip for our vacation is 31,130km (19500 miles!)

Bring on Indy!
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 10:44:36 PM

DarthRattlehead wrote:
Just did the math, and the roundtrip for our vacation is 31,130km (19500 miles!)

Bring on Indy!

Excuses that anyone lives too far to go to Gen Con are officially invalid.