RegisterDonateLogin

Now with 20% more midichlorians.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

What the living FAQ?! - GenCon 2018 Edition Options
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2018 8:55:45 PM
Rank: Moderator
Groups: Member , Moderator

Joined: 1/30/2009
Posts: 6,424
Location: Southern Illinois
Quote:
Stalwart
Immune to enemy abilities and commander effects that trigger based on a critical hit or the attack number rolled. ...


Stalwart negates:
Vaapad, Vicious, Chagrian CE, Deadly, etc and Disintegration (is just a normal crit on a nat 20, nothing more)
Generally, any SA/FP/CE that increases damage or does something else to the target besides double damage on crits (nat 20), and anything that triggers crits on numbers other than a natural 20.

Stalwart does NOT negate:

Natural 20 crit (still happens, with normal double damage. Stalwart (ie Ven) is not [Resilient])

Flurry Attack (works normally, but only on a natural 20)

Use the Force (because auto natural 20)

Ruthless (only on a natural 20)

And anything else that might fall into that context.


---

Sith Lore

The ally chosen by Holocron may spend this character's Force points if it does not spend its own that turn. While this character is unactivated, *living* characters with a Force rating within 6 squares gain Force Renewal 1.

This (intended function) will be incorporated into the glossary entry when published, and is the ruling.

If I've misrepresented anything from the RC majority's opinion in my wording on anything above, I will clarify asap.

This is a pre-Gencon rules FAQ. Not up for debate at this point.

Like that last sentence will stop anyone from griping. LOL Just take it to a separate thread if you're not going to GC.

Other GC rules questions? Ask away.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2018 11:44:58 PM
Rank: Moderator
Groups: Member , Moderator

Joined: 4/30/2017
Posts: 592
What about Juyo Style Mastery, does Stalwart work against that? The second half of it works like Flurry Attack which is not negated, but the first part of JSM also grants crits on different numbers, so would not work against Stalwart characters. Is half of the ability negated, or the whole thing, or what?

Juyo Style Mastery

Scores a critical hit on an attack roll of natural 17, 18, 19, or 20. Whenever this character scores a critical hit, make a save of 11; on a success, this character can make 1 immediate extra attack.
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2018 3:48:26 PM
Rank: Moderator
Groups: Member , Moderator

Joined: 1/30/2009
Posts: 6,424
Location: Southern Illinois
gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
What about Juyo Style Mastery, does Stalwart work against that? The second half of it works like Flurry Attack which is not negated, but the first part of JSM also grants crits on different numbers, so would not work against Stalwart characters. Is half of the ability negated, or the whole thing, or what?

Juyo Style Mastery

Scores a critical hit on an attack roll of natural 17, 18, 19, or 20. Whenever this character scores a critical hit, make a save of 11; on a success, this character can make 1 immediate extra attack.


That's a good question.

The 2nd half would work if the attacker rolls a natural 20, as with Flurry. Both work because the effect grants the attacker an immediate attack, rather than doing something to Ven.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 4:07:24 PM
Rank: Moderator
Groups: Member , Moderator

Joined: 1/30/2009
Posts: 6,424
Location: Southern Illinois
Pellaeon's CE and Affinity (from another thread)

Can Pellaeon exchange an imp commander for a piece that isn't originally imperial but has imperial affinity (Galen Marek, Mas Amedda, etc)
Yes.
---

Yuuzhan Vong Paratrooper CE (just a minor clarification that was left stranded in rules comm.)

Quote:
Before setup, choose one Unique Yuuzhan Vong ally. During setup, place that ally adjacent to this character.

"Before setup" should be read as "before setting up this character". (i.e. you choose before you place the paratrooper) There is no such timing as "before setup" in the general sense.
---

Quote:
Q. Does Pawn of the Dark Side trigger an immediate attack with Booster's CE?

In other words, is a pawned character moving on its own turn (the turn generated by Pawn of the Dark Side), or is it changing positions outside its turn via its ally's ability (i.e. Pawn of the Dark Side)?


A. The pawned character is moving on its 'own' turn (the 'free' turn generated by Pawn of the Dark Side)
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 10:55:01 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/9/2008
Posts: 4,412
Location: Chicago
swinefeld wrote:
Yuuzhan Vong Paratrooper CE (just a minor clarification that was left stranded in rules comm.)

Quote:
Before setup, choose one Unique Yuuzhan Vong ally. During setup, place that ally adjacent to this character.

"Before setup" should be read as "before setting up this character". (i.e. you choose before you place the paratrooper) There is no such timing as "before setup" in the general sense.
---


So can a YV paratrooper brought in via reinforcements (Quorreal) or CE (eighth Cortex Shaper) still place a unique ally next to them in forward positioning via their CE?
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2018 4:38:43 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/16/2009
Posts: 1,319
My guess would be yes for Quorreal and No for 8th Cortex because it specifically says set up next to this character.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2018 4:54:11 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/9/2008
Posts: 4,412
Location: Chicago
spryguy1981 wrote:
My guess would be yes for Quorreal and No for 8th Cortex because it specifically says set up next to this character.


Good point on 8th Cortex. If that is the case, could you put the paratrooper in the 5th row (adjacent to a legally placed 8th Cortex Shaper in the 4th row) then put the chosen unique in the 6th row (adjacent to the paratrooper)?
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2018 9:45:33 AM
Rank: Moderator
Groups: Member , Moderator

Joined: 1/30/2009
Posts: 6,424
Location: Southern Illinois
TimmerB123 wrote:
spryguy1981 wrote:
My guess would be yes for Quorreal and No for 8th Cortex because it specifically says set up next to this character.


Good point on 8th Cortex. If that is the case, could you put the paratrooper in the 5th row (adjacent to a legally placed 8th Cortex Shaper in the 4th row) then put the chosen unique in the 6th row (adjacent to the paratrooper)?


Seems legit. I can't think of a reason to the contrary at the moment.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Bloo Milk Theme Created by shinja
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net.
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.