RegisterDonateLogin

Is altering the meal. Pray it doesn't alter it further.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Force Projection 5 Options
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, August 6, 2018 7:06:41 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I asked this question during playtesting, but didn't really get an answer then.

I have Luke Skywalker of Ahch-To in my squad. He replaces his turn to use Force Projection. At the end of the round, he is defeated by the ability- but wait, he isn't. I have Callista/ Mara Jade Skywalker, JM/ Cade Skywalker Padawan within six squares, and I make the Avoid Defeat/ Essence of Life save(s) or use Callista's CE. So, Luke is not defeated. A new round starts. Is Force Projection still active? Can enemies target allies other than Luke? If the effects of Projection are still active, is Luke defeated at the end of this round? I think the intent was for the ability to shut off if he survives the round, but the wording ("for the rest of the round...") isn't there.

Force Projection 5

Force 5, usable once per skirmish, replaces turn or when this character would be defeated: This character has 10 Hit Points, is considered activated and cannot attack or be damaged. When an enemy in Luke's line of sight targets, allies of Luke are not legal targets and do not count as the nearest enemy or adjacent. The enemy can target Luke, ignoring cover. At the end of the round, this character is defeated. This Force power cannot be canceled.)
shmi15
Posted: Monday, August 6, 2018 7:13:41 PM
Groups: Member

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
I asked this question during playtesting, but didn't really get an answer then.

I have Luke Skywalker of Ahch-To in my squad. He replaces his turn to use Force Projection. At the end of the round, he is defeated by the ability- but wait, he isn't. I have Callista/ Mara Jade Skywalker, JM/ Cade Skywalker Padawan within six squares, and I make the Avoid Defeat/ Essence of Life save(s) or use Callista's CE. So, Luke is not defeated. A new round starts. Is Force Projection still active? Can enemies target allies other than Luke? If the effects of Projection are still active, is Luke defeated at the end of this round? I think the intent was for the ability to shut off if he survives the round, but the wording ("for the rest of the round...") isn't there.

Force Projection 5

Force 5, usable once per skirmish, replaces turn or when this character would be defeated: This character has 10 Hit Points, is considered activated and cannot attack or be damaged. When an enemy in Luke's line of sight targets, allies of Luke are not legal targets and do not count as the nearest enemy or adjacent. The enemy can target Luke, ignoring cover. At the end of the round, this character is defeated. This Force power cannot be canceled.)

Yes he can be brought back to life, but he can no longer use FP5
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, August 6, 2018 7:21:24 PM

shmi15 wrote:

Yes he can be brought back to life, but he can no longer use FP5

Yes, I know he can't use it again. That wasn't my question- rather it was whether the effects of the original Projection shut off when he is supposed to be defeated by it or not.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, August 6, 2018 7:43:41 PM

Don't get ahead of yourselves. I think I mentioned that glossary for v16 was still in progress.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=22735
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, August 6, 2018 7:52:10 PM

swinefeld wrote:
Don't get ahead of yourselves. I think I mentioned that glossary for v16 was still in progress.

Are you saying you don't spend every hour of every day studying and composing answers to my rules questions about a 14-year old game?! LOL
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, August 6, 2018 8:19:33 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
swinefeld wrote:

Are you saying you don't spend every hour of every day studying and composing answers to my rules questions about a 14-year old game?!

Yes, that's exactly what I was saying. Thanks! Laugh

I had to go back and reread a very long RC discussion, so the short version non-official answer until proper Glossary is written is, yes you can avoid defeat, (intended) but the F-Proj 5 effects about targeting only Luke will not persist past the round when Luke used it.

Repeat: non-official, but that's the projected outcome.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, August 6, 2018 9:01:08 PM

swinefeld wrote:
Yes, that's exactly what I was saying. Thanks! Laugh

I had to go back and reread a very long RC discussion, so the short version non-official answer until proper Glossary is written is, yes you can avoid defeat, (intended) but the F-Proj 5 effects about targeting only Luke will not persist past the round when Luke used it.

Repeat: non-official, but that's the projected outcome.

Thanks for answering. BlooMilk