RegisterDonateLogin

Chocolate milk, strawberry milk. A Jedi craves not these things.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

GenCon Champs Challenge to the SWM Community! Options
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 8:49:47 AM
Groups: Member

Once again, that squad is good. Daman makes it great.
Can it match up with rebels strafe and accurate and disruptive? Doubtful.
Thrawn swap should be fine as well.
Daala still out activates
Etc etc

New republic have great reach with levitation and area effects. Jangos Furious accurate should be helpful once snipers are done.
Kybuck/tarpals swap squad should be powerful against it and might even be able to reach poggle with a tow gallop, swap move.

I am just saying there are tons of top tier squads that should be fine. Daman is the difference maker.
If Daman played thrawn swap against Daman playing durge poggle imperials win. Daman playeingseps vs spry playing kybuck I think spry wins. Etc.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 12:02:00 PM

jen'ari wrote:
Once again, that squad is good.
I'd say its deceptively good to the point of very good

jen'ari wrote:
Daman makes it great.
No doubt

jen'ari wrote:
Can it match up with rebels strafe and accurate and disruptive? Doubtful.
That combo is really a tough matchup - but it does out activate, and I think a lot would come down to the spotter save rolls.

jen'ari wrote:
Thrawn swap should be fine as well.
Actually I don't think so. It out activates most any swap squad. I'd say it wins 70/30 vs Thrawn swap

jen'ari wrote:
Daala still out activates
No, actually it doesn't. And that is key
droidadmiral
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 1:25:51 PM

hmmmm imp daala versus drones huh? what if you drop needa for tarkin? you could act three correct? which would the speeder or whatever could move 24 and then attack twice with the officers, or 12 and attack 3 times I believe? it would take some AMAZING positioning for the drones player I believe, on the other hand the durge has some speed so imps would also take incredible positioning as well with the diplomats playing a huge role in controlling where durge can land and strafe.
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 2:22:32 PM

There are a bunch of viable Daala squads, so it's tricky to make generalisations, but if Durge gets the activation advantage and the MTB engine he does have a bunch of advantages.
droidadmiral
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 2:41:17 PM

For sure
DarthMaim
Posted: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 7:12:48 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
P.S. what would your Separatist squad be that makes it High Average?

Daman just went undefeated in Swiss of NZ champs using Durge, Poggle bombs, 2 Snipers, and a Spotter (plus Lobot/MTB engine).

I would absolutely be ecstatic and totally stoked out of my mind to see Seps win this year, and to finally see them get a GenCon win! (TimmerB123) was so close 1 yr running Seps ( runner-up )!

Go Seps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ThumbsUp (Make Lobostele proud)
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2018 8:49:28 PM

You mean, an all Imp final at GenCon champs? Are you serious? No way? I am so surprised to hear this news OMG
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2018 8:52:26 PM

However,IF Vader wins everyone is happy and MELEE FORCE USERS WIN GENCON! which would be amazing.
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2018 9:15:32 PM

jen'ari wrote:
However,IF Vader wins everyone is happy and MELEE FORCE USERS WIN GENCON! which would be amazing.

But quoting you my friend, Jason running anything, is a high probability of a squad win. I am still overall disappointed in the same faction, winning GenCon, pretty much every year ThumbDown
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2018 9:18:51 PM

Why can't the top players take on a different faction, make it a challenge, and win GenCon with it? ( Props to Damon in New Zealand )
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2018 9:28:16 PM

Caedus wrote:
Don't play totally legal squads that have the greatest chance of winning? Sounds great, but would be absolute Lunacy.

Precisely proves my point that if the top players are continuesly playing Imps and Rebels because they are ensured of winning GenCon, then designers need to start putting a much stronger emphasis on the factions that haven't even sniffed a championship! I mean, we've had 15 + virtual sets now. Come on ladies and gentlemen. The proof is in the pudding. Let's all wake up and smell the coffee!
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2018 9:31:31 PM

Agreed, time for new republic to spread it's wings. I do think that kol and new jaina might find something good. I don't recall mandos getting anything that will push the envelope.
Sith did get sheev palps and I am curious about him.
I do appreciate the "don't push the pendulum too far" approach but we still need to push it far enough.
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2018 9:37:25 PM

jen'ari wrote:
Agreed, time for new republic to spread it's wings. I do think that kol and new jaina might find something good. I don't recall mandos getting anything that will push the envelope.
Sith did get sheev palps and I am curious about him.
I do appreciate the "don't push the pendulum too far" approach but we still need to push it far enough.

+1!

( You and I should hang out sometime and go bowling. We seem to be on the same wavelength. Screw this SWM unbalanced game Wink . All tongue in cheek, of course ThumpUp )
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2018 9:41:21 PM

In all seriousness though, it would be amazing to see Seps, Sith, or Fringe win it, at least once, for God's sake. As much as I hate the Vong, I'd even settle if they won at least one! "whata meesa sayin?" Scared
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2018 10:03:58 PM

DarthMaim wrote:
Precisely proves my point that if the top players are continuesly playing Imps and Rebels because they are ensured of winning GenCon, then designers need to start putting a much stronger emphasis on the factions that haven't even sniffed a championship! I mean, we've had 15 + virtual sets now. Come on ladies and gentlemen. The proof is in the pudding. Let's all wake up and smell the coffee!

If Palps wins, that's a pretty different squad type to other Imperials - it's a tank squad and has basically no pieces in common with the usual Thrawn or Daala build. Imperials have three pretty diverse squad bases - Daala (swarm), Thrawn (outactivate and smash) and Palps/Vader (rock). While a lot of NR/Rebel squads center around the same things - Dodonna, levitation, evade, etc.
thereisnotry
Posted: Sunday, August 5, 2018 5:51:24 PM

DarthMaim wrote:
I'm not sure that's true.

When I played Rebels 2 years ago (and won with Prison Break) I truly didn't expect to win. I just wanted to play with the original Rebel heroes (Son of Skywalker, Han Captain, new Lando, etc), and then I saw Han in Carbonite sitting there and thought, "Well, this'll never win, but it sure will be fun! And memorable. And it's so crazy that it just might work!" But no, I definitely didn't expect that playing Rebels would give me a good chance to win anything.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Sunday, August 5, 2018 6:02:26 PM

New republic win with professor lukes art class or something like that right? Maybe I'm crazy
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, August 5, 2018 6:26:39 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Sorry. Tried.
DarthMaim
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2018 10:26:42 PM

So I have to issue this challenge again ladies and gentlemen! Come on top players in the game! Make it a challenge for yourselves and prove some of us in the community wrong! Make Thor, The God of Thunder, proud. Win GenCon 2019, with a Faction other that Imps or Rebs! Please shut me up! I beg you! Show me the error in my ways! Prove that there is balance in our game, and that there is parity, and not just the Lakers and Celtics, or the Yankees and the Cardinals, or Brazil and Germany, or the Patriots and Steelers, winning year after year, after year...………………………………………………….