RegisterDonateLogin

Had enough calcium to preserve Owen and Beru's bones.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

resilent Options
Yames2.0
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 5:03:46 PM
Groups: Member

durges abilty works just like the immune to crits that comes with droid right? just making sure they look like the work the same but u never know...
chernan83
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 5:22:18 PM

Yes sirBigGrin
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 5:41:56 PM

yup it works like that. Basically look at it like this, the droid special ability causes a figure to be immune to critical hits. Resilent is an ability on a living character to be immune to critical hits. You couldnt put the droid special ability on a living character so thats the ability used for living characters with the same affect
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 12:29:58 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Resilient actually works a little different from Droid. Abilities that trigger off of Crits still work against Droids, but not against Resilient characters. The glossary definations show why they work differently.
Jester007
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 4:29:41 AM

Sithborg wrote:
Resilient actually works a little different from Droid. Abilities that trigger off of Crits still work against Droids, but not against Resilient characters. The glossary definations show why they work differently.

Careful how you word that Sith, cause you can still get Flurry Attack and the Chargarian Commander's CE off on someone who is Resilient.

Sincerely,
Jester007
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 5:55:50 AM

Jester007 wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Careful how you word that Sith, cause you can still get Flurry Attack and the Chargarian Commander's CE off on someone who is Resilient.

Sincerely,
Jester007

Flurry yes, and ONLY because of the way it is worded in the glossary (on a crit hit (or on a natural 20)). The Chagrian Merc Commander's CE does not apply, because it is only applied on a Crit, which Resilient negates.
Doogle126
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:09:40 AM

so, disintegration still works on a resilient character
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:23:16 AM

Doogle126 wrote:

Yes, as Disentegration is not tied to a Critical Hit.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:24:11 AM

Doogle126 wrote:

Yes, as Disintegration does not occur on a critical hit, but on a roll of a natural 20.
Yames2.0
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 8:50:47 AM

Sithborg wrote:
Jester007 wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Sincerely,
Jester007

Flurry yes, and ONLY because of the way it is worded in the glossary (on a crit hit (or on a natural 20)). The Chagrian Merc Commander's CE does not apply, because it is only applied on a Crit, which Resilient negates.

what about people who crit on 19 or 20 and they get the 19 do they still get the flurry?
Jester007
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 8:52:47 AM

Sithborg wrote:
The Chagrian Merc Commander's CE does not apply, because it is only applied on a Crit, which Resilient negates.

I am going to have to disagree with you on the basis that the Chagrian Commander's CE works against droids. Where did you read that it won't work on Resilient characters?

Sincerely,
Jester007
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 11:42:27 AM

http://forums.gleemax.com/archive/index.php/t-1112470.html

Not the original discussion I had with Nickname, but it has the correct ruling in it. Resilient states that a Crit Hit is nullified, and other than being an auto hit, all effects requiring a Crit Hit do not happen.

As I said, Flurry requires a Crit Hit OR a natural 20. This is in the glossary.

EDIT: Forgot that the CW mini-FAQ wasn't in the FAQ yet, so I guess I should've checked here first: http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=610584
Jester007
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 3:38:51 PM

They need to re-FAQ the Chargarian Commander's CE against droids then. Because the Glossary definistion for Resilient does not say it nulifies critical hits, it just ignores them (just like part of the droid definition).

So the ruling for one of two items in question (Resilient and the Chagarian Commander's CE) is incorrect then. I'll try and address this to NN.

Sincerely,
Jester007
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 4:05:49 PM

Jester007 wrote:
They need to re-FAQ the Chargarian Commander's CE against droids then. Because the Glossary definistion for Resilient does not say it nulifies critical hits, it just ignores them (just like part of the droid definition).

No, Resiliance's definition says it's immune to critical hits, meaning it completely nullifies them.

The definition for droid simply states that it doesn't take double damage from critical hits.
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:08:55 AM

Go ahead, I debated it with him for a bit after Clone Wars released. Essentially, they are different abilities, so they work differently, as the glossary definations are different.
Jester007
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:24:52 AM

Sithborg wrote:
Go ahead, I debated it with him for a bit after Clone Wars released. Essentially, they are different abilities, so they work differently, as the glossary definations are different.

They are different abilities, but they are worded very similar. I do not mind if Resilient was ruled to be immune to the +20 damage from a Chagarian Commander's CE. I just think that to maintain consistancy, they are going to have to change the ruling of how that CE works against droids.

Sincerely,
Jester007