RegisterDonateLogin

Does not grant you the rank of Master.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Yammosk and Pellaeon's CE Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2018 5:31:53 PM
Groups: Member

Can the Yammosk steal Pellaeon's CE and drop a Vong Commander for another Vong piece?
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:09:54 PM

The way Telepathic Insight reads, you pick the CE during setup. Pell's CE takes effect after setup. I would say yes
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:32:45 PM

Even if the timing works, you'd have to drop an imperial commander for an imperial character ( currently impossible) It's not like con artist. Faction doesn't change
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2018 10:47:33 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Even if the timing works, you'd have to drop an imperial commander for an imperial character ( currently impossible) It's not like con artist. Faction doesn't change

Doesn't yammosk change factiony stuff to vong?
Caedus
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2018 6:03:02 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Yes. Faction specific becomes Vong specific.

If it were an Imperial Stormtrooper Commander, then it would not work because there are no Vong stormtrooper commanders, but as the CE reads, I believe it works.

Now my question would be, If Quorreal is in your main and you select Reinforcements during setup and the stolen Pellaon swap happens after setup before the skirmish starts, do you get to keep the AN reinforcements?

Probably need an official type ruling on this

shmi15
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2018 6:07:50 AM

Oh boy
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2018 8:18:26 AM

Caedus wrote:
urbanjedi wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

If it were an Imperial Stormtrooper Commander, then it would not work because there are no Vong stormtrooper commanders, but as the CE reads, I believe it works.

Yeah sorry brain fart
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2018 9:11:21 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Everything I know about rules says the Yammosk can do this. I only hesitate to say anything because I don't recall ever discussing this before and if this were legal surely we would have talked about it before.

Maybe in the past everyone was so concerned about whether they could steal the CE from the original guy or the new guy Pellaeon brought in... that nobody ever thought to steal Peallaeon's CE itself.
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2018 12:15:19 PM

Caedus wrote:
urbanjedi wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Now my question would be, If Quorreal is in your main and you select Reinforcements during setup and the stolen Pellaon swap happens after setup before the skirmish starts, do you get to keep the AN reinforcements?

Probably need an official type ruling on this

Assuming you can steal pellaeons CE (which I believe you can), then the swapping and keeping rein should work. I know in design for disra (and in theory other imps) it has been assumed to work and is the reason behind no rein for imps (and why the hutt cartel hoversled guy is written the way he is)
Caedus
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2018 12:20:26 PM

Not sure in anything other than a Daala Squad with Pellaon would there be a need to take Pellaon CE