RegisterDonateLogin

The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Is Voxyn Birth affected by the Reserves floor rule? Options
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2018 10:23:17 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I didn't really think about it at the time of the balance committee's ruling (only one Reserves can trigger for each player at initiative), but it isn't clear to me whether the ability Voxyn Birth technically counts as "Reserves". It does work exactly the same as other Reserves abilities in the game, specifically Immediate Reserves, but the name of the ability does not contain the term, which is the main identifier for every other Reserves ability in the game. So, is Voxyn Birth counted as Reserves, or does it evade the floor rule due to a technicality?
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2018 8:12:07 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
I didn't really think about it at the time of the balance committee's ruling (only one Reserves can trigger for each player at initiative), but it isn't clear to me whether the ability Voxyn Birth technically counts as "Reserves". It does work exactly the same as other Reserves abilities in the game, specifically Immediate Reserves, but the name of the ability does not contain the term, which is the main identifier for every other Reserves ability in the game. So, is Voxyn Birth counted as Reserves, or does it evade the floor rule due to a technicality?

Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure it only affects SAs with Reserves in name.