RegisterDonateLogin

Ounce for ounce, more nutritious than Ewok meat.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 125- Apprenticeship Options
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2018 8:49:24 AM
Groups: Member

Alright guys so I got permission to go ahead and do this weeks CCC, and what I would like to see is everyone's favorite Jedi or Sith while they were in training.

Here is my entry: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/15065/darth-malak--revans-apprentice

Rules:

1. Your character must be Unique, they Must be 30 points or lower and they must have 1 SA that reflects having a master(exp. Synergy).

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Oct 28, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, Oct 29th, 2018.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
shmi15
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2018 10:28:51 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35396/darth-zannah--sith-apprentice

Should I beef her HP or maybe lower her cost a bit? Add Double?
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 4:54:46 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 8:23:16 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35398/nahdar-vebb--jedi-padawan

I just made a Nahdar, but decided to make a new one for the contest.

He looks like a lot, but I think he's pretty balanced. I definitely want to keep the cost below 20 so he gets Bravado against Bodyguard Droids and Grievous's Bodyguard Droids (IG-100 Magnaguards are too cheap to get his cost down there, I think).

Whirlwind is a bad Force power, but made better by costing less. Represents him being able to move the fog in the Lair of Grievous episode (yes, he was a Knight then, but one would assume he was working on the skill before then)

Force Heal because he was a Force healer in the Republic Army.

Indiscriminate Rage to represent how he let the Clone Wars get to him and became more aggressive.

Lightsaber Defense because he was a fairly skilled Knight for being so young and inexperienced.

Fisto's Padawan is actually modeled after Hand of the Emperor. It makes Force Heal and Force Whirlwind less terrible, and it makes Lightsaber Defense really, really good against swarms since it costs him nothing to use. The balancing factor is that you need to play Kit Fisto, and all of his pieces are less than usable. So you get a really good piece in exchange for playing a really bad one, or you can take a mediocre piece by itself.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 9:29:50 AM

kiki
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 10:19:26 PM

General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2018 6:24:27 AM

Nice to see lots of entries this week, here's one more:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35402/ashoka-tano--padawan
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2018 5:32:53 PM

CHS - Malak I love Sith Hatred 2 and think it should be a thing. I love Sith Spell and Jedi Hunter on him as well. I think it is a usable piece for sure.

Shmi - Zannah - Sith Fear activating with Sith Spell already activating was a turn off. Master and Apprentice is awesome.

adambound - Dooku - I cant get behind the 6 attack even with the +4 with Yoda.

Comedian - Nahdar Vebb - I still can't get behind the two built in attack and damage boosts.

kiki - Barriss Soresu with +4 to saves with easy mettle and rde +2 means she can have +10 to soresu rerolls. I know it is not too powerful, it just shouldnt be allowed. I am a huge fan of area Heal and think it should be a thing in the game.

GG - Ahsoka Fun little piece, one melee attack can never really do much in terms of effectiveness.

1. CHS

2. GG

3. Kiki

PS wasnt there a Maris?
kiki
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2018 6:42:05 PM

1. shmi15

2. Jen'ari

3. General_Grievous
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2018 9:43:54 PM

Jen - Nomi, A great piece for sure would definitely play it over her vanilla piece.

Shmi - Zannah, An amazing job at portraying Zannah while training under Bane.

adambound - Dooku, A good piece and fit great for a young Dooku.

Comedian - Nahdar Vebb, I'm not that familiar with this character but from what I've read its a great representation nice job!

kiki - Barriss, A great Barriss with the ability to make her saves cant turn that down for under 30 points lol.

GG - Ahsoka, Awesome job and great flavor loved the piece.

Deaths_Baine - Maris, Really loved the piece and had good flavor.

1. Shmi

2. Jen

3. GG

[ P.S Death forgot to post the link to his Maris Brood so here it is.
www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35399/maris-brood-of-felucia ]
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 10:20:20 AM

Not everyone has voted yet but currently Shmi is the winner with GG in 2nd place.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 10:45:16 AM

Thought we had until 11PM tonight? But either way:

3rd CC
2nd CHS
1st Adam
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 1:40:14 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Thought we had until 11PM tonight? But either way:

3rd CC
2nd CHS
1st Adam

your right whoops lol
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 2:38:26 PM

So annoyed that I forgot to come back and edit Nahdar Bored thanks for the great feedback anyways, everyone ThumbsUp

1st: Shmi15's Darth Zannah - this piece is spectacular. Nice defensive piece, and I like Sith Spell on her. Master and Apprentice really put this one at the top for me; most of us went for synergies (which are fine), but you came up with an innovative ability that I think really captured the theme this week. And, it isn't just flavor, it's really powerful. Well done ThumpUp

2nd: jen'ari's Nomi Sunrider - to be honest, this is the first time I've looked at a Nomi Sunrider piece and felt like playing it. Everything about this piece has a purpose. Stun is always great to see. Force Valor fits here nicely - it's usually one of those force powers that is less useful than... anything else the piece can do, but on a cheap support piece it's great. Force Protection needs to be in a V-set, as does Presence of the Light Side. Finally, Apprentice is excellent - fresh, useful, but not over-powerful so that she needs to be with Thon to be worth her cost.

3rd: adamb0nd's Dooku - Dooku is really cool in general, but you gave him a fittingly elegant piece. I kinda miss Levitation on him, but Push/Pull instead is a neat way to still show his telekinetic prowess without further breaking the Republic's movements. Nicely done.

Everyone else, great job. It was fun to see so many legendary characters get a rewind.

I'll be sure to come back and adjust for feedback next time LOL
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 7:17:46 PM

Shmi has 9 points and gets the win if my math is correct. master and apprentice was a hit. Would be fun to see a Kas'im, Bane, Zannah build

General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 8:59:52 PM

Only problem is Shmi didn't vote before cutoff which you have to do to win so it defaults to second place, which is you I think Jen with 6
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 8:03:15 AM

Hurry up Jen, pick the next contest
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 8:58:15 AM

Winning by default feels like Hillary winning the Democratic nominee.... Shallow.
I will be thinking and hopefully have one up soon.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 11:54:53 AM

It's fine Jen it's happened many times before for lots of people, I've forgotten to vote too and it's by the rules to keep the flow going and avoid long delays. Shmi and you both made awesome pieces.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 12:25:54 PM

jen'ari wrote:
Winning by default feels like Hillary winning the Democratic nominee.... Shallow.
I will be thinking and hopefully have one up soon.

You didn't have to cheat to win though. So you're ok brosky