RegisterDonateLogin

About twelve parsecs outside the Rishi Maze

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 130 - Shift the Meta Options
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 4:57:32 PM
Groups: Member

This week you have 4 options to choose from. The goal is to make a Power 9.5 piece that will impact the meta.

Your options are:

A Separatist Movement Breaker

A Non-unique Republic Force User Follower

A Unique Sith Lord that helps other Unique Sith Lords

A Force User that works with the new Revan/Malak in OR

WHILST RANKING you should put into consideration if the piece impacts the meta.

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Dec 1, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, Dec 3, 2018.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 5:08:13 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33242/raskta-lsu--jedi-weapons-master

Not exactly a thematic fit with Revan (she's from the Bane trilogy) but definitely works well with Revan and Malak- she gets some decent ranged defense, can do 120dmg on the move, and gives other Jedi GMA so they can get off all their attacks with Quick Strike.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 11:46:18 PM

Here is my entry for this week guys a Bane to lead the other Sith Lords to victory.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/17164/darth-bane--keeper-of-revans-legacy
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 7:59:53 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35449/emperor-krayt

Still toying with ideas. Could probably find a better way to round out One Sith if I knew meta a little better to address the pricing of some pieces.
Oakel
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 12:09:03 PM

Here's my attempt to build a meta-shifting Separatist movement-breaking character. Thank you all for your feedback, because my constant focus with design is to keep pieces similar to existing meta, and I don't have a good read on how disruptive a character could be. Gandalf and GG, you were instrumental in helping me boil down what he needed. He is a standalone tech powerhouse, who can accomplish nothing without a mob of grunts at his disposal.

General Kalani, Separatist Bastion

Edit: I realized that as so much of this character's power is conditioned upon moving back towards combined fire, it has the unintentional effect of boosting old Bastila. ThumpUp
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 9:30:53 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35450/jedi-protector

I went with the non unique republic piece. He is to go with gensky and/or GOWK trying to get away for the need of Cin Drallig (who has proven to not be tier 1)
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 10:51:58 PM

Since once of each is represented already, here is my Separatist idea:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/32039/siege-warfare-battle-droid
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2018 8:31:54 AM

Gandalf - I think this piece will definitely make for a top tier squad andI think it has different types of squads it can fit in.
Revan with Malak and a holo (force renewal and RDE +@ for the Rolling Evade) would be a blast to play. Doing 90 on your own is also very potent and he does not rely on a damage boost (Ven Zallow relies on a damage boost).
I enjoy the competitive base stats as well.

CHS - I love the everything about this Bane except the jedi hunter on the CE just because Exar Kun, Dark Jedi becomes insane against force users. But i love granting Momentum and I think it will help twin pieces incredibly. Cognus, Darth Maul, DWO, heck I would even look into bringing in Savage). I do think the piece is competitive in a tier 1 environment.

Adam - Emperor Krayt is kind of a mystery to me, but I like trying to figure out what I would do with him. I might pay the old Bane just to have a 200 HP BG. But at the same time I might just play Revan, SL with a 15 point Wyyrlok and 15 point Amanoa with him. (77 + 57 +30 = 164) This way I can swap Krayt anywhere I want and he can regenerate.
Or maybe even better would be to play him with Caedus so Caedus can have Triple attack. Build up force points SBM and Flow Walk to do triple attack with cunning, then activate and do triple attack with cunning again. It is an interesting piece because the piece itself feels like an old school Sith Lord.

Oakel - There is a lot going on here. I love Battle Preparation and I love the CE. I love the Camaraderie as well. Something just feels liek it has too man different avenues to go down. It needs focus and I don't know what. In terms of making Seps playable. Super TD helps other squads not be able to out activate if desired. Tactician helps lower Tactics Broker dependency so that is good. I think the key components of the piece are the STD, Battle Prep, and the CE followed by the Camaraderie. I think if you want to build wiht droids in Seps you should have dropped most of the rest and lowered his cost to below 45.

GG - this droid is fun, the CE is dangerous, but I like it (Twin death shots). I enjoy the Hardwired Transmitter as well. 17 seems a tad steep at first, but then you start thinking about it and it is fine.

______________________________________________________________________________________

1. Gandalf

2. GeneralGrieovus

3. CHS
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2018 9:33:33 AM

some really good entries this week guys!

1. Adam
2. GG
3. Jen
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2018 9:42:39 AM

jen'ari wrote:

CHS - I love the everything about this Bane except the jedi hunter on the CE just because Exar Kun, Dark Jedi becomes insane against force users. But i love granting Momentum and I think it will help twin pieces incredibly. Cognus, Darth Maul, DWO, heck I would even look into bringing in Savage). I do think the piece is competitive in a tier 1 environment.

I agree that JH was a little much and I forgot to get back on to fix it a bit but I was going to have it be Unique Sith ally's with a force rating and Melee attack gain momentum and +4 attack and +10 damage against Unique enemies with a force rating and melee attack.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2018 5:27:25 PM

1. Oakel

2. jen'ari

3. GG
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 5:59:18 AM

3. gandalfthegreatestwizard

2. General_Grievous

1. jen'ari
Oakel
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 5:00:21 PM

Great prompt this week Jen/Grievous. A good challenge and a fun exercise. I realize my interpretation of what "Changes the Meta" prompt may be different than others. I interpreted it as openening up new playstyles/competitive choices within a faction, without completely gutting or replacing the existing one, as I value strategic diversity and multiple options to succeed. With that in mind, I chose:

1. Gandalf - Cements the strength of OR melee pieces on a competitive level, without leaving existing viable options off the table, inside the same squad, or without including Raskta.

2. GG - Working hard with a clear and simple design to make Separatist Huges viable. I would enjoy seeing a game that actually captures the intimidating force of Huge separatists, and your entry certainly pushes the meta in that direction. The thing that kept this from 1st was that I don't find it to be Power 9.5+ though the Disciplined Leader effect definitely puts it close.

3. Jen - Creative and strong. The bodyguard into counterpush could be devastating against powerful melee attackers. Definitely enough to shift the meta. But as I mentioned before, in a game that I feel favors shooters, more anti-melee options might be pushing further from a healthy game balance. (assuming that we want a decent balance of melee to shooters)

The two entries that dealt with the Sith are both interesting, but my decision about them is partly that I do not understand Sith gameplay meta beyond: "Big strong piece beats people up", and I feel both of those entries simply make Sith do that in a more competitively viable way... but not a meta shifting one by my criteria. Perhaps if one of them helped to create a meta shift to thematically focus into the more secretive, manipulating-behind-the-scenes powers of the Sith could be cool. Like handing out Presence of the Dark Side to any Sith benefitting from the Worship SA.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 7:54:20 PM

Gandalf, very beefy jedi that would benefit well from the Stevan/Malak combo.

CHS, a bit of a wordy card but the ideas here are very interesting and it does boost up the Sith pretty well.

Adam, a simple cost reduction is a great simple way to boost up Sith that need it. Good stuff.

Oakel, torn here because he's pretty ability/word heavy but he's also a super powerful buff and he makes my favourite faction awesome. Probably would drop his cost and one of his weaker abilities in retrospect.

Jen, pretty solid on his own but when you have soresu and evade +RDE it makes them maybe too strong. But this could just be my Separatist bias haha.

3rd CHS
2nd Gandalf
1st Oakel
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 8:06:26 PM

Oakel and General Grievous both have 9 points.
Oakel has 3 1st place votes.

Just an observation: to GG's credit that he could have easily just placed oakel in 2nd to win the CCC.
Oakel
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 9:57:11 PM

Jen, I believe you are mistaken. By my count I only have 6 points. 3 from GG and 3 from Gandalf. I believe it is a 9 point tie between Gandalf and GG
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 10:13:22 PM

It looks like I've got more first place votes, so I'll post the next one up shortly. Well done all around!
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 4:38:52 AM

Ummm..... That was odd, I swear I looked like 5 times before posting and still messed up that bad.