RegisterDonateLogin

Makes you strong enough to pull the ears off a Gundark.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Master of the Force ?'s Options
blessedwest
Posted: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 9:18:27 PM
Groups: Member

1. When using force lightning 4 that replaces attacks and not the turn, can a character with master of the force 2 use it twice (motf 3, three times)?

2. Similar to my first question, can a force power that replaces the turn be used multiple times up to the limit of the motf available? Force Lightning 5 for example.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 10:27:57 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

You need motf2 and either Overload or Tarpals' ce to do that.

You can't do it at all for a replaces turn ability.
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 6:45:33 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

To expand upon what FA said;

You can only replace attacks once per turn (unless you have some sort of special ability or commander effect like Tarpal's to do so multiple times).

Master of the Force 2 allows you to trigger force powers twice a turn. However, it doesn't do anything to address the fact that you can only replace your attack once. Therefor, you need 2 parts to use Force Lighting 4 twice in a turn; a way to use force powers more than once, and a way to replace attacks more than once.

I also know of no way to replace turn multiple times. Closest thing to come to my mind would be something that allows a piece to activate twice, in which case they could theoretically replace turn their turn twice. That, of course, would not be exactly what you're asking for since it would occur over two turns.

obiwan1knight
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 9:38:18 AM

Would the Force Attuned special ability allow you to do it? For instance Ven Zallow using Recovery 20 twice on his turn?
urbanjedi
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 10:55:47 AM

obiwan1knight wrote:
Would the Force Attuned special ability allow you to do it? For instance Ven Zallow using Recovery 20 twice on his turn?

No.

Basically you don't have a time-frame to do such an ability. If you do it before you "replace your turn" normally, you are then not replacing your turn, you are doing something else, and there is no opportunity after you "replace your turn" normally that you can do stuff. It is just the end of your turn, and you get to do any end of turn stuff.

That is the short answer.

However, with Force Attuned, you could use a replaces attacks ability twice (assuming MOTF) like Ven's Force Push or the lightning from the OP if such a character existed.
blessedwest
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 11:27:27 PM

Thanks for the answers!

Sadly Master of the Force is limited like I thought it to be.

I thought there could have been a loophole, since characters like Palpatine rely on their force abilities (like a double attack, but with force lightning).