RegisterDonateLogin

Official beverage of the Boonta Eve Classic.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 138- Hello There Options
Oakel
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2019 11:25:46 AM
Groups: Member

Impressive entries all around. I love the participation, and it is hard to pare them down.

Caedus - Sadly, your entry is too highly costed for the competition. I like it a lot, and feels very Episode 2! More mobile than GOWK, but less attack. LCE and grounding are great additions in exchange for mettle. Well made, and one of my favorites.

Alex - Form III and MCE make him a formidable tank for the cost, and I like that you chose to offset the abilities with lowered defense. GG's feedback is good, I would take DR10 and just up the defense by 2 for simplicity sake. Repulse 3 was a cool choice, reminiscent of Rebel Obi, Unleashed.

Obi1Knight - Impressive entry! I like the character-modifying "reserve" effect. That said it is a bit inexpensive if you use the affinity, and I could see an issue of when it is used with a Rebel Obi who has Force Spirit already. Giving a Luke 8 force points, use the force, and 3 FP per round at a cost of 5 is a little broken. Highly creative and a solid idea!

CHS - Very well rounded, and LS Protection is a great ability. A little busy, there are a lot of things to track for the cost. I like the mobility and synergy that Knight speed and Agile offer to position him for JR.

Adam - My favorite entry. Clear, distinct, and simple. Hello there is an excellent distinguishing ability with strong gameplay decisions to consider. The lack of defenses in comparison to GOWK (Mettle/MOTF2) or other existing characters is compensated by increased mobility and a blaster!

Gandalf - Solid piece with a clear thematic identity. The master speed/LS assault combo is great. The one thing that seems off to me is bringing in Qui-Gon when the Obi already has FR1. My next thought was that Qui-Gon would haunt Ferus Olin, but he has FR1 too. I like the direction that this character brings to Obi/Rebels, good work.

CC - A stronger GOWK individually, but without the CE. I like steel as a defining ability a lot. I could see him going toe-to-toe with Vader of Lothal. That would be fun to watch! Maybe a bit strong for the cost. All in all a exciting and elegant piece.

GG - The most dynamic entry. True to form you have delivered something that would improve the landscape of play for the game. While simplistic, you continue to contribute a very distinct characters with only a few abilities.

1st. - Adamb0nd

2nd. - CC

3rd. - Obi1Knight

Honorary Mentions: Caedus and GG
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2019 7:00:58 PM

Awesome turnout this week my brothers! Great entries all around and such diversity in design for one character, that being said there can only be three! And in the end ultimately one!

CHS, Phantom Menace piece nice! Feels like too many Special Abilities but conversely I like your choice of force powers the best.

Adam, full disclosure I'm biased against this iteration because he's trying to kill me hahaha. But seriously great job dude! And blaster is random but it definitely gets different cool points for that. Honestly great piece, just so dark man... so dark... Why did we have to go there? Hahahaha *cough cough Jedi scum demand a rematch*

Obi-Wan, Reverse force essence? Color me interested, very cool. Light Inspiration + Light Spirit is going to be insane force battery though haha, maybe dropping inspiration to just 1 force point for a net of 3 each turn is enough

CC, Man such a neat piece but I do feel like assualt/twin bumps his cost high. Yoda CS is great with him though.

Gandalf, a bit ability heavy for me but love the Ferus love so points for that alone. (also have I ever mentioned you have the coolest username on Bloomilk? LOTR is my other love and Gandalf is the greatest!)

Oakel, another cool incarnation we need and don't yet have, maybe changing up his defensive ability but otherwise move over Boba/Cad/Han, there is a new shooter on the block.

Caedus, maybe would have changed up the CE a touch but grounding is fun and this piece emanates the AotC version.

Alex, nice Clone commander Obi! Form 3 is interesting too!

3rd Alex
2nd Oakel
1st Obi-Wan

EDIT: missed that Caedus' awesome piece was 5 points over the cost limit. So had to bump up everyone else's
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, February 5, 2019 9:00:52 AM

And Tuesday morning the polls are in:

Adam wins it with 12, narrowly beating out Obi Knight's well-received impressive first time contribution and CC's powerful duelist. Great entries all though! And hope to see everyone back for this week it's cool seeing the different ideas here. Adam post up the next one.