RegisterDonateLogin

We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Chicago Regional - Sat May 25th Options
UrbanShmi
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 1:10:42 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I can't speak to the other Sith squads that were there (although Naarkon's was definitely very strong defensively), but Set Harth has definite potential. My build was simply too scissory for the meta. It might actually do a little better at Gen Con.
Caedus
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 2:04:43 PM
Groups: Member

Even though I didnt feel well I am glad that I made it. Great time!!!
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 4:55:47 PM

Rey-Lo is currently rated 3.06 on Bloomilk - down there with the Arcona Smuggler and bad Klats.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 6:20:03 PM

I think they're more of a power 7 or 8. 26 Def with BB-8 and Parry makes them tanky against Melee, but a good shooter squad can chew through their HP easily. Available synergy is negligible. But it looks like this tournament was mostly Melee.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 6:20:49 PM

Wow - great job randy! I'm not seeing the power of that squad, so I'm clearly missing something! Rey-lo doesn't get the evade that the captain hands out, but I guess getting the +4def and the three big bodyguards (Han, Chewie & Luke's Force power) is enough. And for melee, Parry + MotF2 after Luke dies has to be pretty effective!
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 6:25:58 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Wow - great job randy! I'm not seeing the power of that squad, so I'm clearly missing something! Rey-lo doesn't get the evade that the captain hands out, but I guess getting the +4def and the three big bodyguards (Han, Chewie & Luke's Force power) is enough. And for melee, Parry + MotF2 after Luke dies has to be pretty effective!

Not sure if I'm reading you right here. Han and Chewie can't Bodyguard Reylo- Han's CE is suppressed. Even if it wasn't, I doubt you'd want the duos close to each other as you can't use Evade or Outmanuever from the Captain then.
urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 7:11:28 PM

30 def in cover is rough for most shooter squads
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 7:33:08 PM

That's true. I was thinking of shooters like Cad Bane or Boba with +20 Attack- I forgot to factor in cover. Though they could bring in Traps and still only need 6s.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 8:00:55 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Not sure if I'm reading you right here. Han and Chewie can't Bodyguard Reylo- Han's CE is suppressed. Even if it wasn't, I doubt you'd want the duos close to each other as you can't use Leia's or the Captain's bonuses then.

I totally forgot about Anarchist. Thanks for the reminder.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 8:03:07 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
That's true. I was thinking of shooters like Cad Bane or Boba with +20 Attack- I forgot to factor in cover. Though they could bring in Traps and still only need 6s.

Accurate Shot on BB8 sure would help.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 10:04:14 PM

TheHutts wrote:
Rey-Lo is currently rated 3.06 on Bloomilk - down there with the Arcona Smuggler and bad Klats.

Some people rate on flavor, not on power.
AceAce
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 2:02:54 PM

My Kouhun squad was actually pretty fun. All my games were finished before the buzzer. After 3 games I was 1-2 and had over 600 points. For the 4 games in Swiss, I had over 800 points. Lost game 1 to Laura like 201-197, lost to Lily in game 2 like 209-204, beat Tim with over 200 to his maybe 150 and beat Caedus scoring over 200 again in game 4.

Lost to Randy in top 4...had ReyLo to 20 or 30 HP and would have scored 150 if defeating them but he still would've won. Lost to Narkon in 3-4 matchup, focusing entirely too much on a piece with DR10, still think he'd have won but it should have been closer.

Was wanting to play the Kouhun and this squad is probably as good as it could be. They are a pest and the real danger for them is Droids and Gallop and Strafe, aside from that they are pretty killer.