RegisterDonateLogin

An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-set 19: What do you want to see? Options
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 9:13:21 AM
Groups: Member

I am not forgetting anyone.

I guess i will define playable on this context.
Playable means a tier 1 squad that has a chance of wimning gencon.

Yoda does not, he has kybuck. That has probably been played in every gencon since it came out. He will always produce a little but will never push the top realm. (Think the Milwaukee Bucks in basketball this year. Great season,
Played top team and got beat down)

GenSky is obliterated by disruptive abilities.
Anakin, hwnf and his pathetic attack makes him obsolete (possibly GOWK and mace could work with the right build but wouldn't win).

LeftiesWillRule
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 3:09:53 PM
Groups: Member

All I can say is, I've been gone from the community for 5 years, I come back now and see y'all STILL haven't made V-Set Dejarik pieces yet? Confused I'm so disappointed in y'all. Tongue

In all seriousness, my personal preference for the V-Sets has always been to make existing figures (especially Uniques and Larges) usable as the characters they are (or who they look really similar to) more than introducing brand-new characters to the game. Obviously that's something a lot of other people enjoy and I'm not knocking that. I'm really happy to see that Zayne Carrick, Shaak Ti, Darth Nihl, K'Kruhk, Vodo-Siosk Baas, Probe Droid, Octuptarra Droid, Exar Kun, Kol Skywalker, and many other figures have received reworks since I've been gone, and can now go from my "I never use these figures" bin back into my "I actually use these figures" bin.

I'm pretty sure I listed this as a want waaaay back when I was still active, and since it hasn't been made since then its still my #1 want: Jabba's Rancor

Looking through the list of V-Set figs and comparing them to WotC figs, other old unused characters that still haven't received reworks would include Nym, Lumiya, Even Piell, Clone Commander Bacara, Hoth Trooper with Atgar Cannon, and A'Sharad Hett. I may be mistaken on a few of those, but you get the idea.