RegisterDonateLogin

Knows better than to trust a strange computer.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Thrawn Swaping. Options
MrSmileys
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 10:02:22 AM
Groups: Member

ok i was playing a basic thrawn swap squad and was wondering if i was doing this right.
i have thrawn in a room with the door shut, i have mouse droid A next to darth vader and mouse droid B next to a storm trooper. counting around walls mouse droid A is more then 12 squares away from mouse droid B.

Can i swap vader with the stormtrooper?

i figured yes, but i would like a ruling from people with a bit more Experience.
MrSmileys
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 10:45:06 AM

i thought with mousies it did not matter weather the commander was locked in a room or not. i assumed this because of the way the SA reads.

Relay Orders
Each allied commander can count distance from this character as well as from itself for the purpose of commander effect.

does the mouse have to be under the influence of the commanders CE in order to extend the CE?
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 10:49:27 AM

you have to count range to the mouse droid.
for example...
thrawn, then 5 squares away, mousie, then 5 squares away, Vader.
door has to be open in order to count range, for if the door is shut, you cannot count range.
MrSmileys
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 10:56:54 AM

so it could not be, thrawn, 12 squares to a mouse the from mouse 3 squares to varder.

thats the way Relay orders reads to me. it seems like it says that you do not have to have to have the mouse droid in the AOE of your CE in order for him to extend it.
Uggie Demo
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 11:00:30 AM

At my LGS you can count distace from the mouse, even if the Commander is in a closed room, and the mouse dosen't have to be within 6 of the commander to extend it.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 11:07:32 AM

Uggie Demo wrote:
At my LGS you can count distace from the mouse, even if the Commander is in a closed room, and the mouse dosen't have to be within 6 of the commander to extend it.

really?! my guy at my LGS must be a complete tard then! i originally ran it as the posted question asks, and i was told i was wrongCursing, the guy said i had to count the same range from droid to follower, as droid to Commander. and never through a wall, because walls disconnect the range. ill choke him out if he was wrong! i lost 2 games following that course!!
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 11:24:31 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

MrSmileys wrote:
ok i was playing a basic thrawn swap squad and was wondering if i was doing this right.
i have thrawn in a room with the door shut, i have mouse droid A next to darth vader and mouse droid B next to a storm trooper. counting around walls mouse droid A is more then 12 squares away from mouse droid B.

i figured yes, but i would like a ruling from people with a bit more Experience.

Yes. Each square within reach of a Mouse Droid is considered within range of the CE.

As for the other debate, you do not need to count range from a commnader to a Mouse Droid to extend the range of a CE. You essentially treat the Mouse Droid as if it had all the CE's from your squad's commanders (with a range, of course) itself.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 11:34:32 AM

Sithborg wrote:
MrSmileys wrote:

Yes. Each square within reach of a Mouse Droid is considered within range of the CE.

As for the other debate, you do not need to count range from a commnader to a Mouse Droid to extend the range of a CE. You essentially treat the Mouse Droid as if it had all the CE's from your squad's commanders (with a range, of course) itself.

Cursing Cursing Cursing
so i count my moussie as the CE, instead of the actual commander? well. aint that some S*#! !!
you can always count on sithborg to clear these things up. so, from now on, i will stay away from attempting to answer any questions regarding rules, because my LGS has lead me false for many a year.Cursing Cursing Cursing
MrSmileys
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 11:42:00 AM

its ok Mandalore, we cant all have a good LGS. and when i first saw the mouse droids i thought the same as you until one of my other friends convinced me otherwise.

Thanks Sithborg for confirming that i was playing it right.
MAINEiac
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 11:46:04 AM

ok, to "clear things up even more" EACH of the two characters that are being swapped must be within 6 squares of the SAME mouse droid don't they? If not, it seems the swapping would violate some rule or another. but, if it's ok then that could be seriously effective
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 11:54:24 AM

MrSmileys wrote:
its ok Mandalore, we cant all have a good LGS. and when i first saw the mouse droids i thought the same as you until one of my other friends convinced me otherwise.

Thanks Sithborg for confirming that i was playing it right.

i appreciate that smiley, but i should have known better, considering my "league" is only 5 strong. My LGS is more oriented with RPGs and DD. the guy has even said before "i could care less about this stupid game".
ive been playing this game from its conception, and every stinking day on this site, i find myself wrong on alot of things. the worst of it? my compadres are the ones who ask me all of the questions that need answering, and i now find myself having to update them every time i learn something new. makes me feel like a frikkin noob all over again.
i am eternally grateful for all the corrections i get from other veteran players, dont get me wrong. its just disconcerting to find out 75% of what i do is wrong.
you can ask Sithborg, ive messaged him a couple of times with questions, because he knows his stuff. its always appreciated.......
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 12:23:34 PM

MAINEiac wrote:
ok, to "clear things up even more" EACH of the two characters that are being swapped must be within 6 squares of the SAME mouse droid don't they? If not, it seems the swapping would violate some rule or another. but, if it's ok then that could be seriously effective

No. You can swap a character who is either within 6 of Thrawn or a Mouse, it doesn't have to be the same character, as they are all still "within 6" of Thrawn's CE.
joverfield
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2009 11:40:53 AM

can you swap a character with savage that is within 6 of someone with empathy for someone who will end up not being within 6 of a character with empathy therefor not being eligible for CE?
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2009 12:20:31 PM

joverfield wrote:
can you swap a character with savage that is within 6 of someone with empathy for someone who will end up not being within 6 of a character with empathy therefor not being eligible for CE?

i would assume empathy would have to be on both sides of the swap, making them both eligible for the CE. i dont think that one could have empathy, and on the other side of the swap, not have empathy. i hope im making sense!!LOL
i mighta confused myself.
MAINEiac
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2009 12:28:10 PM

Cool! I had been playing it more conseratively.. Thanks Sithborg, you have opened up a couple of idea using Thrawn and couple of mouse droids (I really need to get two more mouse droids!!!)
cheers,
MAINEiac
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2009 1:02:37 PM

joverfield wrote:

A Savage character under Empathy's affects can be swapped into a position outside the range of Empathy. All that matters is if the character is eligible for the CE BEFORE the swap.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2009 8:27:41 PM

Sithborg wrote:
joverfield wrote:

A Savage character under Empathy's affects can be swapped into a position outside the range of Empathy. All that matters is if the character is eligible for the CE BEFORE the swap.

right. you couldnt swap out a wampa without empathy with a wampa with empathy. they would both have to have it in order to be subject.
meesas gettin its
Darth Percocet
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2009 3:41:50 PM

Basically Thrawn can be locked in a room, & you have 2 pairs, Vader & a mouse droid on one side of the map, & arica & another mouse on the other side of the map, vader & arica can swap because they are both within 6 of there own seperate mouse droid who is holding thrawns CE..

& i do agree, sithborg & emp as well are on point with answers.. both down to earth & very cool about it too.. so i thank you guys & everyone else whot ake time answering questions for us. We know you dont have to because your not forced to, its like a community service for you, yet you still do it. So i say everybody, a round of applause for anyone who answers rules questions.. Especially sithborg & empdragon