RegisterDonateLogin

Ounce for ounce, more nutritious than Ewok meat.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

INDIANA REGIONAL June 22 Options
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2019 8:06:31 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Congrats Shawn!
Caedus
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2019 10:06:43 PM
Groups: Member

Thank you gandalf
jak
Posted: Sunday, June 23, 2019 4:22:30 AM

fuckin' vongCursing
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Sunday, June 23, 2019 9:39:01 AM

Congratulations!!!!
Caedus
Posted: Sunday, June 23, 2019 9:59:53 AM

Big Thanks to Bryan and the Whole Indiana Crew for Hosting the Regional!!

I am not very good at play reports, but I will give it a little snapshot of each match.

My Squad, and yes, I know it is a very unpopular squad. http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/202239/the-unforce-five--spring-thaw---indiana-regional-champion-

Round 1 vs Laura's Plaugeis, Tenebrous, Sheev, Jaq, Vongarella

With Plagueis having Vongsense, I had to be a little careful and make sure I blow open doors quickly. Laura doesn't usually play aggressively against me so I pushed up to Gambit quickly. Laura then broke character and played ultra-aggressive. I did get plagueis, but she took out shedao shai. Unfortunately, with the amount of damage, the anti force and exterminate (jaq's Avoid Defeat), and not winning an initiative, Laura couldn't get her engine going. (1-0) 3 pts

Round 2 vs Deri's Cin-Serra-Quinlon-Yoda Panaka

Obviously I stole swap. Another Favorable matchup for me. Deri played the only way he could but that also plays right into the Vong wheel-house. I aggressively pushed to Gambit forcing Deri to make engagement decisions and countering. He also managed to take out Shedao Shai (it was the theme of the day). With the damage (auto from the Lah's) I was able to take out key pieces and win on points. (2-0) 5pts

Round 3 vs Narkkon's Cognus, Talon, Alema, Vongarella.

I pushed to Gambit to force Narkkon to make a decision. He opted to engaging insted of using cognus' intuition to reach my commanders. He was able to take out Shai but my squad overwhelmed him (3-0) 8pts

Round 4 vs Jason's Potty Palps, Vader, Inquisitor, Death Trooper.

I brought in the Para Trooper to keep droopy out of first round Gambit totally forgetting that droopy in this squad is a door control gimmick and it almost caught me. Jason Battle readied up into Gambit forcing me to attack Vader. He got one spinning attack off with the inquisitor, but I was able to hit him and shut it out next turn. This battle went back and forth until I was able to amass 200 points (4-0) 11pts

Semi's vs Randy's Kyle, Jan, Jyn, Cassian, Chopper, artoo, and three-pio.

I stole the canon shot from leia and brought in the YV exectutor for the second cannon shot. I had to stay cagey at first due to Kyle's splash damage. Randy made a positioning error with Kyle. I pushed Shedao Shai up twelve to base Kyle then used a cannon shot to kill him. I took out Cassian next and then did enough damage before Randy tried to make a move to hit my commanders.

Finals vs Etiennes Revan, Malak, Satele, Sylvar, Senator.

Stole the Cannon and brought the Executor again. Etienne had no choice but to be aggressive, but it also plays into my squad. It was a little overwhelming and with two cannon shots, and Retaliatory Attack I was able to take out key pieces and then finish his squad off.

I had a great time and it was great to see everyone including a surprise visit from Deri.

I would like to note that I missed Two horrible matchups for me including Mike's fringe snare squad and Lillian's Bothan Rebel squad. Either one of those squads are a virtual auto-loss for me.

Thanks to Everyone that played! See you in Ohio in July!!!

Caedus
Posted: Sunday, June 23, 2019 10:00:31 AM

Darth_Frenchy wrote:
Congratulations!!!!

Thanks man. Good Luck in Cali!!!BlooMilk